Lasher changed!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by zedfonsie, Jun 13, 2013.

1. AuntLou42

Well if they removed the splash maybe it actually lashes now???
  2. morvaint

The only person that doesn't understand is you. It's COF alone makes it a terrible direct fire weapon before even factoring in its pitiful ROF
    • Up x 2
  3. Lyel

Makes sense, the splashes had some insane range for the bolt sizes. Found myself hitting my allies more than my enemies at CQC xD
  4. Puppy

Tested each out and the splash damage only seems slightly nerfed. Less then a second difference. But it is a nerf having the decreased hip fire as well. Harder to aim around the corners to make the splash damage useful. Easier to hit yourself and miss the enemy. Making it a very unwanted nerf.
    • Up x 1
  5. Shockwave44

You're leaving out how far you are shooting. If you're using it outside of a biolab or small room, you're doing it wrong.
  6. Shockwave44

At what range? Start with that.
  7. Ayre

Guys, guys, the only part of the splash that got nerfed is the farthest edge of the AOE, from a measly 25 to a measlier 10. Fifteen damage. The new direct damage is 155 compared to 143, almost the entire missing number. 25 damage at 3m isn't going to kill anyone that isn't already on the brink of death as it is, I guarantee you wont notice the difference with 10 damage.
  8. Puppy

Yes, it is going to kill people. That's how it's used. The splash damage allows you to hide around a corner and lets you keep dealing damage. With lower hip fire accuracy and lower damage it make it hard to accurate aim tight around the corners (without hurting yourself or missing) as well as dealing less damage.
  9. Liewec123

next up they'll be nerfing the jackhammer i bet!
    because the worst guns in the game are obviously so OP!
    there was no need for a lasher nerf unless $oE plan on selling you a replacement in the near future.
    (like they did to falcons before the raven release)
  10. Ayre

The 1m splash damage is still the same but with a much higher ROF, its only the 9 foot radius that got nerfed. The hipfire nerf is almost irrelevant because of how laser sights work in this game. They don't boost your hipfire by a certain percent, they just reassign it a common number. Your corner shooting should only improve as long as you can at least hit the broadside of a barn.
  11. Rodinvac

It's SOE, and it would be a nice change, so probably not.
  12. UnDeaD_CyBorG

To anyone that didn't know:
    The "old" (current" Lasher had far better hip than aimed fire, and was actually darned accurate with that.
    And no, using Lashers in small rooms is not making sense.
    It is possible to kill with it from 20-50 m just because you can hipfire, strafe, hipfire, keeping the other guy blinded and on the move.
    It's still worse than an LMG, but it's possible. As I've calculated a page back, at 1.5m impact distance the AOE dps is actually slightly higher.
    I don't think it's a good change on bahalf of the hipfire getting so much worse, but as a long range suppression tool it will have it's uses.
    Less than now, sadly.
  13. Puppy

It was useful up to that distance. Any farther and it's worthless.
  14. TothAval

I allways use the lasher to fire into masses of enemies, getting tons of assists and kills out of it, doing damage
    to everything in a certain area and therefor making it harder for engies to repair or for medics to heal and blinding
    and irritating enemies by a degree as well.

I think the changes on pts should work the first 0-30/40/50m and after that distance it should fall back to the old
    values to to the orb expanding its inner plasma to the edge. Or even buff the splash and reduce its direct hit
    damage past 50m, that would be nice. Also a 2x holo scope would be sweet.
  15. Ayre

Yeah I think the lasher should be able to get real optics, same with the MCG and jackhammer. They're kind of lacking in customization.
  16. Nogrim313

yup im done, i've been hit too many times with the nerf bat, time to join the fotm crowd and faction hop

lasher is now less accurate with forward grip and Aiming down sigh than it was hipfired
    its now a low damage spray and pray POS the only thing i can see this used for now is racking up Teamkills and grief points

with the prior accuracy you could at least keep a tight cone to avoid allies and shoot through gaps, now it jumps around like a ******* automatic shotgun. this thing is now just a danger to allies and yourself

the RoF boost is actually a nerf now with the huge recoil its even less time to reset the sights

the splash reduction? are you joking the only reason its use able is that splash

great job trashing my most used heavy weapon, great job you got my money for it now ill never use it again
  17. gigastar

Why would i prefer a Lasher over a Sirius, Pandora, Thanatos, Phobos, Orion, Polaris, SVA-88 or Underboss in a CQC situation?
  18. Kazune

New direct damage is 155 compared to the current 150, not 143, not that large of a 'buff'.
  19. Puppy

Because you can kill without being seen.
  20. Noktdaz

I'd be fine with having to use ADS instead of hipfire if the the damned orbs didn't obstruct my view so much.