LA really only has one problem.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ghoest, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Reis

Does anyone else just go back to an allied hotspot (if in a battle) or suicide after expending all I need to (if alone)?

Or is it just me who tries to go back to an engineer?
  2. Littleman

I run back like a baws.

Though since if I'm pulling LA it's either to clear rooftop campers no one else wants to deal with or even realize are there, or masochistically heaving myself at a tower (wall end or stand alone) in a mad attempt to break the defensive line, I typically don't expend my ammo before switching back to an HA or medic one way or another.
  3. Bankrotas

Extended ammo sweeper + ammo belt mk5 what 60 bonus shells?
  4. Redshift

LA also lets you get different angles, you shouldn't need to go head on, hence an extra bullets worth of life isn't amazingly useful. Where as full ammo belt and extended mag gives you something crazy like 60 shotgun shells. i don't know about you but i bring a **** load of pain with that many shotgun shells, i still often run out and if that's the case i didn't need the extra bullets worth of life.
  5. P149U3

6. P149U3

But at max it only recharges 2.5 sec faster then no modifier so there is really no usefulness in putting so many cert points into something that might give you that small head start on recharging.
  7. Shurrikken

"LA really only has one problem."

I agree.

[IMG]

DOH. WHY? :-(
  8. Redshift

i'm talking about ammo belt -_-
  9. LibertyRevolution

I NEED MOAR AMMO!!!

10. xNPCx

I don't know if this is well known but you can refill ammo from ammo packs dropped by the enemy.

Another tactic I use to conserve ammo as a Light Assault for close targets is to only shoot enough that to take about half their health and knife them or vice versa if you are trying to get medals for a weapon.
  11. Dakraken

I play LA a good bit and I am rarely "camping". The dificult part of LA and ammo is that in many cases you are well behind enemy lines - causing havoc, trying to find the enemy sunderer, working around the edges of the enemy, etc. If you are going to play a class to hitch to an engineer or to the main battle lines then there are other classes better suited to that role.

That said, you can always use enemy ammo packs that they put down. That is even more satisfying :)
  12. Wolfwood82

This being another one of those statements that everyone just blindly nods to.

If you are performing hit and run tactics then a fast recharging shield would probably be more useful then nanoweave armor. Possibly more useful then ammo belt if you conserved ammo with knife hits. Personally, I die far more often because I get caught without a shield then I do because I got caught in a firefight that lasted a bullet too long.

The same could be said for Flak Armor. Everyone says "it's useless, if you are dying to grenades then you are playing the class wrong". Sorry but sometimes you are forced into situations where explosives become your bane, and explosives make up the majority of one shot kill deaths in the game. They also make up the majority of attacks that take a lot of time to recover from after initiating, so your survival could easily net you a free kill. If you are going after Sunderers and tanks with C4 then Flak Armor is pretty much a must. If you have to get to a CC quickly to secure it, grenades are usually the first thing the enemy tosses at you. Hell you might even be running along and some LA you didn't see fires a GL at you and you die because you decided Flak Armor was useless.

Nanoweave is itself a very useful item to have on a "sniper" load out. It is not that useful in CQC, nor is it terribly handy for hit and run. The reason for this is because in CQC you encounter soft point ammo and while it's effect is minimized by Nanoweave, it's still a potential weakness that you aren't exploiting at close range. Just by engaging a target from 20m with Nanoweave ensures that they drastically lose their power against you. Take it further to 40m and your targets are hard pressed to take you out quickly.

And consequently, if you move with your squad more and do less far ranging lone wolf crap, then the ammo belt probably isn't so very useful. I tend to do exactly this. I might break from the squad to flank an enemy position but often reinforce their line of assault as LA. This, for me, makes Flak Armor a lot more useful then Ammo Belt. It is entirely based on your specific play style.

People use to say C4>Medkits, a couple of kill streak videos changed that opinion pretty damn quick. Sometimes I think the worst players in the game surf the forums because they randomly believe in BS that others just vomit out. They are usually here to improve themselves in any desperate way that they can find, and develop false opinions on everything because someone else said so.

Little statements like this shouldn't be made for the sake of commenting. I've already told someone else this, but these things are basically 2 year old logic. You aren't supplying some insight on the matter, you're just spreading crap that other people eat up like starving animals.
  13. Grimtou

Since we are talking about suit upgrades now, I think they've done a pretty good job balancing them, considering people have such strong opinions about which is best; this means they have done a good job catering to several different play styles.

I personally play with adv capacitor all the time on my LA, and while 2.5 seconds doesn't seem like a lot, I really notice it when I swap for grenade bandolier or use a different class. It simply changes the way I flow between fire fights.
  14. InterSpectra

The REAL problem is Light Assaults don't have spiked boots that deal critical damage when you're standing right on top of enemies, since you can't aim directly under.
  15. P149U3

Why do you get so upset over it and act real childish over something so petty????...... So tell me who is acting like kid here again?
  16. Wolfwood82

You. Serious this is all you have to say? "haha kid! your thought out and written arguments are useless because you are 8!".

Your proving my point by writing two whole sentences without anything remotely resembling a point.

Also reading comprehension ftw. I didn't call you a kid, I said your logic was that of a 2 year old. You might as well have posted "some dogs are brown" for all the value it contains. Not my fault you perceive it as an insult, nor is it my fault that you think I'm "upset" about it. You made a comment and, as pointless as it was, I decided to respond with a clearly defined set of arguments. Your response was to call me childish. Yes sweetie, some dogs ARE brown! I'm so proud of you!

At the very least we can agree that your initial post was petty.