LA really only has one problem.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ghoest, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Ghoest

But its a real problem.

We run out of ammo and due to the nature of our role we have no where to get more often.

Its a shame they pushed back LA improvements but the only one we really needed was the ammo scavenging. But even giving us a 50% bigger base of ammo would be nice.
    • Up x 2
  2. ShumaKun

I use ammo belt lv4 all the time and I think we should have more ammo by default, because we have more space left because we don't have any tool. Sadly devs pushed revamp to may, because of MAXes. I would be ok with revamp of infiltrators be the first one, but MAXes...
    • Up x 2
  3. Corvus12

Yeah, I'm using ammo belt myself, but it has downsides. You can't use other suits upgrades, which is kind of silly. Advanced Shield Capacitor really helped me when I was constantly on the move, engaging and disengaging people quickly. They should just give us more ammo pool, or make more upgrades slots, like belt slots (choose to have more ammo, or more grenades), shield slots (increases shield capacity, or its ability to recharge faster) etc. It would make your character much more customizable. Maybe they will add some nice things with the upcoming implants.
  4. Takoita

Then this a suit slot problem, not LA one. Move some of those yummy but underused options to 'implant' category and make a new slot for them, then adjust the values if needed.
  5. Redshift

It's fine, we have enough to last a bit alone, if you want to last longer get the ammo belt.
    I use ammo belt 4 or 5 (can't remember), it's forces you to make a decision whether you want ammo or a fraction more health.
  6. Iridar51

[IMG]
    Let's say you're VS and using 143 @ 10m weapon. Let's say you never have headshots and have about 50% accuracy.
    It's gonna take you around 16 shots to kill someone, but let's take 15 for the round number. That's 2 kills per clip.
    You have 6 total clips, so with that numbers you can kill 12 enemies, not counting nades, C4, pistol, knife and vehicle weapons and turrets.

If you've lived long enough to run out of ammo you've fullfilled your role in life and can die in peace.
    Alternatively, you can try to restock on ammo at enemy's ammo kit.
    Alternatively, you can for once in life try not to be The Lone Walker, and retreat to allies to restock on ammo.

I happen to be a big fan of infantry weaponry, ever since I was a child. I had a lot of toy weapons, ones that shoot 6mm BB plastic round bullets. And I've noticed a fun fact: whenever I went out with my toy pistol, no matter how many BB pellets I took with me, I ran out of them very quickly and had to go home to get more. Even if I had full pockets of them.
    It's never enough ammo. Never.
    • Up x 5
  7. Wolfwood82

Starting to find that the only problem that LA have is they ***** too much about their "problems".

The reason we have issues with ammo shortages is because it helps limit the class. If we solved every problem that every class had, they would all be completely overpowered for one reason or another. And yes it is possible to have every class be "over powered" without having any form of balance.
  8. Fantom_17

I'v been playing LA since they messed with my ILFI (AGAIN!!!) (I now have ~1200 kills with the mercenary and ~ 300 with the mauler.)
    playing the loner in trees and stuff I noticed that I ran out of ammo more frequently than other classes. I switched to the shotgun and I felt I was on a leash to an engineer all the time. I got extended mags and ammo belt lv2 (32 rounds total + 20 more for the shotgun, + +60 for the merc) and I find I usually die before I run out of ammo. I think LA is pretty well balanced.
  9. AuntLou42

I'm a LA almost 100% in infantry battles and I don't think it's a shame they pushed back LA whatsoever. It needed to be done, there was another class in much worse shape then the LA. Yep the ammo is a pain and look forward to some sort of scavenging but it's not any kind of emergency for it to happen.
  10. jak

I think you're underestimating the rounds per kill a bit. Checking names on this thread, I'm not seeing accuracy ratings anywhere near 50% from anyone with the non-shotgun weapons (mostly around 20%), so using 50% seems pretty generous. Not to mention hit detection, which means a couple extra rounds per kill. It's not uncommon for my kill per mag to be about 1.5 when not using a shotty, especially with the amount of heavies running everywhere. That's not to say I feel we're underpowered, but I think there is some validity to the lack of ammo argument. I'm actually torn - I often run out of ammo before I die, but it's not worth the survivability to pick up extra mags in place of other suit options.
    • Up x 1
  11. GraphicJ

Ammo belt = less armor compared to your enemy. Sucks for LA with little ammo carbines. :(
  12. Grimtou

I think it is pretty balanced as is. If you're not going to get a kill, don't shoot. If you want to shoot a lot, you got to be a team player. The only time I shoot at range is if I am with my squad, otherwise my barrel is in someone's face before I fire and it's pretty hard to miss at that range.
    • Up x 1
  13. Iridar51

[IMG]
    Oooh, this one really fits the theme.
    The title says "It doesn't matter how much resources you have. If you can't use them properly, they will never be enough for you".
    • Up x 3
  14. Veri

Get out of your camping spot, get to a sunderer, get to an engineer or go to an inventory station.
    Simple.

As LA I have only once ran out of ammo and that was due to being one player defending an outpost against two to three enemies.
    • Up x 2
  15. greyo

I agree, more ammo equals more camping,
    LA means LIGHT assault, and ammo = weight

Also, the point that we should have more ammo because we don't carry a tool is not correct,
    we have a tool on out backs, we just press 'space' instead of '3' to use it.
  16. P149U3

ADV shield is useless all it does is reduce the time before shields start regenerating which is what 2 or 3 sec max level not worth putting all those points into it.
  17. Wildclaw

This. What would be the point of ammo belt if you never did run out with default ammo.
  18. Redshift

It's a difference of 1 bullet, you shouldn't be getting into situations where that matters as LA anyway :)
  19. P149U3

Light Assault or as i call it Agile is one of the best classes for assaulting with. They have the ability to move and get to places other classes can and utilize routes other classes can't. LA one of biggest factors in taking bases. So tell me what situations it is not good for?
  20. Kogmaw

Personally, i wish we could carry a secondary grenade as opposed to scavenger. so long as you plan ahead, you can have a sundy waiting to resupply you with ammo.
    The only times i can think when i legitimately ran out of ammo is when im sitting in a tree farming the people without necks, or going rambo with my shotty.
    i would much rather be able to carry two types of grenades. a flash and explosive would be fun (for example)

but thats just me