LA as marksman?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by vashshadow, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Skadi

So many vs lately, almost 45% pop all day long.
    A lot of obnoxious players as well, reporting me in droves for hacking cause my heat prowler can wipe them off the map
  2. HeadshotVictim

LA as marksman:
    Shotgun with Slugs and 3.4 red-dot scope, extended mags

AC-X11 (or equal) with 3.4 (Crosshair)Scope, Adv. Grip, HV Ammo, Compensator

yes, it works... if you're vanu don't worry about bullet drop, everyone else: just aim a little higher
  3. Iridar51

OP, let me rephrase your question a little.
    "Guys, recently I came to like racing so much that I decided to become a racer myself. If I get a racing car and go racing, would that work out?"
    To any sane person it's obvious, that unless you **** up your driving it'll work out.
    /topic
  4. exLupo

Mind yourself with the carbines at long range tho. They get an additional rank of damage degradation (essentially +1 STK) at max range and that stacks with the built-in VS penalty for the same. Long range VS carbines tickle.

Pulsar C jumps form 6 STK to 9 at 115m. 11 if target is Nano5. 10 and 12 for the other VS carbines.
    Most TR are all 7/9. NC vary from 7/9 to 6/8 to 5/7 at max range.

Makes the slug shotgun more and more appealing.
  5. Ghoest

Close.

If you are going to use the AC-X11 at long ranges with the HV ammo you REALLY need to be using it single shot. Event with all the attachments you have a terrible kick for the first shot making bursts of limited use.
    You might b better off with a suppressor if didtance is your only game.

That said you I would use the compensator because it helps at medium ranges.

The sweeper is the best choice IMO - slow bullets but little drop out to 150 yards and 3 hits almost always kills.
  6. vashshadow

wow didnt think this would blow up like this. and irdar51 the only reason im asking is because i havent use shotguns in this game yet so **** off pick.
  7. Wolfwood82

Iridar spent what must have been days compiling all the possible data anyone could ever want for LA builds, including "LA Marksmen". He did a good enough job that his thread was stickied to the top of the forums.

I think if anyone has a right to have a problem about threads like this.... It's him.
  8. Ghoest

Well Iridar is wrong then.

His effort was nice is the best reference for a new player - but its not authoritative IMO. I say this as some one who he quoted a few times too. Not everyone agrees on everything and mot of us still havent tried everything. Its a discussion forum and thats what we do here.
    And yes this is a question have heard before - but thats fine - just dont answer. at least it wasnt a particularly stupid question.
  9. Wolfwood82

Not trying to justify his statements or his attitude. Simply pointing out that the question asked in this thread was answered in a sticky, and yet people blindly ask and ask again. Considering the amount of work he put into it and the reason for it, I imagine I'd be a little irritable too.
  10. vaxx

Yeah....so nobody ask anymore questions about the LA class....its ALL in the sticky. Let the discussions END...

lol
  11. MarcusVitruvius

As of this post this thread is official derailled, let it be stickied
    • Up x 1
  12. Lucidius134

The day people read stickies before asking questions will be the day war and conflict ends between all people.
    • Up x 1
  13. Wolfwood82

Oh I get it, it's ok to disrespect the work and effort of others but illegal for them to disrespect you. Totally cool brah.

I wish people would at least try and come up with intelligent remarks. Getting a little tired of pie plus bicycle equals triangle.

Honestly, I normally would not have posted in this thread. Because I think it's existence is an insult to human intelligence. It is common forum policy (or at least it SHOULD be) to check out stickies in case they might contain information relevant to your question. Usually people check out at least the first page, usually. Those too lazy, immature, or just plain obnoxious to do so really aren't worth talking to, about, or in defense of. As has been proven by the above people who responded to my statement.

I do not support Iridar's actions and attitude. However I fully agree with his statement and how he feels about threads such as this.
    • Up x 2
  14. vashshadow

ok so i didnt know that iridars talked about this and have looked at his thread if anyone would have said that it was in a stickie i would have checked it out. and yes his thread did give me some ideas to use so i thank him for that.
    • Up x 1