Koltyr

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Bad_Lieutenant

93% and .....CRASH.....Another successful update.
    • Up x 1
  2. Master M

THIS IS NOT FAIR MY DTAT GOT DELETED BECUASE ON THAT
  3. Master M

94% BOOOM it crashs and all data deleted
  4. IcEzEbRa

It's beautiful, think it's a great little battle island, will think about the base designs.
  5. Doc Jim

I would suggest replacing the Amerish-style trees with something more Nordic, maybe the pines from Esamir would look better.
    • Up x 2
  6. MingcrusherForum

Pls make an unique continent out of it and not just a new-player stuff, so that older players cann access it, too. Would also be cool to have lakes with boats, Maya even a carrier with guns and air terminals. Would also enjoy boats as veehicles, maybe even underwater boats. Hope that'll be added soon
    • Up x 2
  7. VonStalin

More snow on the top of the mountains would look good. And part of the map could have some snow, lets say north side behind mountain - as it creates a shadow from the sun, so it can't melt over the day.
    Mountains themselves do not look realistic - too sharp.
  8. Kociboss

Names of the bases are based on Slavic mythology ;o kudos to SOE

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. SashsaACIII

8 ~ 9 January
    *Event Alert will be fixed (live Server) (( Run Alert each time the start 3h ~ 4h ))

[IMG]
    SOE
    ... .
  10. BurntDevil

This map looks great for new players, but Im also sadden that its going to be BR capped. Perhaps cloning it so advanced players can play against each other on it for low population night time ops. Just have a selector that kicks you to the big kids playground when selecting the map, so everyone can enjoy it.

Its laid out nice, looks fairly good, the base layouts are cool, just sucks that the majority of players wont get to use it.
  11. TommyZakh

I was gonna say, I wish that they added this as a real battle island, alongside the Nexus, but having clones would be a great new player experience.

Love the Biolab!
    • Up x 1
  12. SashsaACIII

Thx * World Maps:cool:
    Koltyr

[IMG]

... .
    • Up x 2
  13. Luminus

So will Koltyr be off limits to new characters on accounts that have already progressed once?
    Will we see people making new characters while using account wide unlocks to stomp on legitimate new players?
  14. WarmasterRaptor

What unlocks grants crushing advantage?

Even with stock characters, veterans would still stomp newbies just with the sheer experience of the game...
    • Up x 2
  15. Waratorium

Agreed. Most newbies start out thinking "I am losing because I am using the starter weapons which suck" but when they eventually "get gud" they often go back to using starter weapons for directives and kick *** with them/realize that some of the starter gear is the best in the game. (Orion, Gauss Saw, etc are good examples of this).

When I made low level VS & TR alts to experience their weapons, I was getting better KDRs than my BR 94 NC character has, and I was just using stock VS/TR gear (I didn't want to use my NS unlocks because that would have defeated the purpose of experiencing the other factions).

Experience/skill means so much more than unlocks in first person shooters. About a month ago I was winning dogfights against fully certed Reavers with a 100% stock Scythe.
    • Up x 2
  16. Pikachu

Why does Koltyr have Nexus' cold arctic skyfile rather than having a new one? :( You've already done the skyfile for Searhus.
  17. Skiptrace

Neat Concept, but If it was tiered BR's it would work better. so like <10, 10 - 20, 20 - 30, 30 - 40 etc. and then 90 - 99, and 100. the BR 100 version would probably be VERY under-populated, but who cares? It would be an awesome place for BR 100's to actually compete on eachother's level without noobs interfereing.
  18. Gravada

I'll be useful and leave the bugs that I have found:
    1. On many bases the time increases when you capture one point and then decreases when a third
    2. You only have two capture two points in certain bases before it immediately captures the base in some instances
    3. Some instances when you capture 3 points it immediately captures it
    4. While capturing points with the countdown timer it often says "base defended" when no one is fighting back
    5.Nanites won't resupply after spending them and gaining xp points (I am unable to spawn vehicles at the moment since I only have 20 nanites) until you log off and re-login, but even then small amounts
    6. Sometimes when escaping a damaged vehicle and upon re-entry it has no damage
    As for placement issues (which would be the thing that the level designers could fix real quick)

I am sure several of these bugs are noted and/or not have the continent entirely hooked up to the system but trying to be as useful as possible with this:
    1. In the eastern warpgate there a re several instances where the vanu logo is not displayed and instead the placeholder is
    2.In the eastern wapgate the arrow that singifies you does not display
    3. Enemies can enter warpagtes

I will add more when i collec tmore data
    noticed some more
  19. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

Thanks for the testing and feedback so far. We will have another update early next week that will include instructional events.

For now, please be aware that there is an issue with the zone that can cause your character to get stuck there with no way to leave. We are investigating the cause and should have a fix early next, as well.
  20. BobSanders123

Can you guys make the very center of Koltyr an urban combat zone? Maybe with a central tower with several stories? It would be awesome to see how that alone performs and looks in-game!
    • Up x 6