KNIFE?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by BlueSeventy, Mar 29, 2014.

1. -Synapse-

I just find it odd that you take your knife out of wherever the heck it's kept and swing once, then for some reason put it away before swinging again. Just have the knife auto-equip if you hold the melee button and be put away if you just tap it. That way you could still quicknife but you'd also have the option to keep it up if a second swing is required.
  2. DeadliestMoon

By this logic, you're confused about how the characters pull anything from out of nowhere. Which means that you are just over thinking it.
  3. BlueSeventy

This isn't planet side 1. This is an FPS to the core, not an RPG. It has a blooming competitive scene and removing quick knife is removing more surprises and lowering the skillcap. All of Badname's points are extremely valid.
    • Up x 1
  4. Sixty

Cmon skillcap? Ladydadyda random push F button triple kill..Running in to enemy model without colision non rendered at 100 FPS and kill him..Yeah pretty neat skill.
  5. -Synapse-

That was a tiny aside, not really the main focus of what I was trying to say.
  6. BlueSeventy

Mad because did not press it fast enough? I have better reflexes = I win
  7. user101

Well I am not happy with this change... unless I get to use a REALLY BIG AXE and play WARRIOR World on PS2.. sorry guys liked it the old way better...! If I have to use it this way I want a single kill swing.

Why not just use lazer swords or whip's don't for get to have big chains also. Then we can pick from a list of things. I can see slugging it out with a tank and my shield and beating the tank with a chain for a kill. Knives belong in everquest.....!
  8. Sixty

No, because i don't want use melee in FPS game. Especially when holding lock n load rifle in my hand..If i want use Knife's, then start up some RPG's.. Simple as that.
  9. DeadliestMoon

But knives and melee attacks have been a staple in FPS gaming for quite some time now, what do you expect to do once you run out of bullets in both your primary and secondary weapons?
    • Up x 1
  10. Pikachu

Running out of ammo only happens for scatmaxes.

I wish at least the knife were put on par with max punch. Hit when blade is at the center rather than instantly and has to recover before doing another slash.
  11. DeadliestMoon

Really Pikachu? You're going to sit there and say that youve never ran completely empty before?
  12. Pikachu

I have but its rare as butt. I bet most people die or refill before they lost half of their primary ammo 98% of the time.
  13. RIctavius

ahahhahahah HAHAH AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAH *slowly maddened by the progression of the hat of the knife revamp*

AAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
  14. Tentakewls

15. RIctavius

This one is based off current events

[IMG]
    [quote /quote]
  16. jak

I'm for anything that nerfs or removes the stupidity that is quick knife. It's exceptionally bad in this game with no collision and how PS2 handles latency.
  17. Badname1652

I run out of primary ammo 90% of my lifetimes, and I have a decent accuracy and headshot rate (30/25% respectively). Then I rely completely on mobility, dancing into rooms and ganking unaware players with the commissioner + knife. A nerf to quick knife would completely change my play style. I play with 300 ms on Mattherson even though I'm east coast, with ping sometimes in the 400s. And I still knife people. I think people put the blame too much on latency and excuses sometimes rather than their own inadequacy and lack of reaction time.
    • Up x 1
  18. OldMaster80

Read the roadmap: they stated they are NOT going to remove the quick knife o_O
    • Up x 1
  19. Chad444

I think they might be implementing a B feature into the knives. Currently, you sort of cup your hand in front of the knife and pull it away.

Tapping B quickly also makes a weird animation :p
  20. Paulus

I must admit i was rather disappointed when i saw they hadn't put any real thought or individuality into the knives, PS1 knives were much better (and in the case of the TR, made our Infil scarey as hell. They would taunt the guy they were stalking by chattering their chainblade at night in the forest)

It felt like they were in a rush to add the knife or had no real interest in that part of the combat, and so went with the quick-knife and a one-size fits all animation. This hopefully will address matters.
    • Up x 2