KNIFE?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by BlueSeventy, Mar 29, 2014.

1. BlueSeventy

You have to equip the knife you use it now? Please revert this. Please for the love of god. I am so overcome with emotion I have no idea how to express the rage flowing inside my melee-driven veins. Tell me this is a bug...
    • Up x 2
  2. Maljas23

I would be against this if the knifing mechanics we currently have on live didn't suck so badly.
    • Up x 9
  3. DeadliestMoon

How do current knifing mechanics suck? If you are talking about the quick knifing then you are just being silly.
  4. Maljas23

The fact that the knife animation actually doesn't matter at all is what I don't like about it. It hits instantly despite there being an animation. Not going to fault your opinion as a whole, I but are there really people who LIKE how the knife works atm?
    • Up x 16
  5. DeadliestMoon

Its not a problem, the only people who seem to not like it are those who play Battlefield, the original Planetside, or dont want it purely out of hate of COD.
  6. Maljas23

That's baseless so I won't address what you just said here. I will say that I fit into none of those categories you just listed.
    • Up x 8
  7. Nanomorph

Yeah the current melee attack is 100% cheese.
    • Up x 12
  8. DeadliestMoon

P
    Then why dont you like it?
  9. Maljas23

"The fact that the knife animation actually doesn't matter at all is what I don't like about it." - Myself

For the record, game play wise I don't really care one way or the other. I wasn't one screaming for this kind of change in the first place. The fact that SOE is doing it anyway is fine though. More cake for me I suppose.
    • Up x 2
  10. Nanomorph

It's an instawin button that requires no skill.

I use a bolt action sniper rifle and can just run into an enemy at close range, shoot once from the hip and tap the magic melee button = win.
    • Up x 2
  11. MajiinBuu

Every single weapon in every single shooter game. You move the mouse over someone and click the button. "Skill" :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  12. Nanomorph

In most shooters you at least have to switch to your melee weapon first.
    • Up x 3
  13. MajiinBuu

Yeah I know... But I'd love to smack someone with a gun like in Halo
    • Up x 6
  14. Nanomorph

It would actually make sense if they introduce a rifle butt melee attack instead of the quick knife.

It would of course do considerably less damage.
    • Up x 3
  15. Badname1652

The quick knife was fine as it was. It added a different dynamic and play style to the game rather than the standard ADAD strafing. It took a lot of skill to use effectively as well. Melee range is a 2-sided thing. If I knife first because I have better reaction speed you should be dead. People who say the knife doesn't take skill never took the time to practice the dance and lunge, which I've used multiple times to gank support players or hunt down some friends of mine. The knife was fine. This change is not widely asked for. There are people out there that will quit if you do this to knives, because it is a crucial part of their playstyle. There are not flaming reddit and forum threads about the OP knife. Some bads who got out-played are not complaining that if I close the range, facing ARs and LMGs and whatnot, my 2-shot kill that I just worked my *** off to position myself into is completely "Cheese" and "I-win"
  16. Badname1652

17. Akashar

They talked a while ago about one thing:
    -Keeping the quick knifing.
    -Giving equipable melee weapons.

Would really be more badass, my suggestion would be:
    -Replace the quick knifing with buttmelee attack, so we still have a very littly nerfed quick knifing (as in it would require to finish the animation to hit, and maybe do a little less (very little less) damages)
    -Add a melee weapon stock, with the actual knife for first weapon. You could then choose several others, with quicker speed, or longer range. Maybe throwable ones. You know, stuff.

I really like the quick knifing mechanic, I think it's way more logical than to have to select the weapon first (just picture a guy that will purposely put his gun in his holster to take his glorious knife, lol) as it was in CS for example... Nobody complains about quick grenading, and it is totally the same, because these weapons are not meant to be kept in your hand for long.
    But I totally want a possibility, if other melee weapons are ever made, to be able to take it, and cut some heads, star wars/warhammer 40k style!
    I really look forward, as a beginning, to having melee weapons on my max!
    [IMG]

We need to add possibilities, not remove some and replace them!
    • Up x 8
  18. Doomzzg

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  19. evil713

Im not even on the test server and I am glad this is happening.

But if you want to know the real reason its money. One of the future things there going to be adding is a choose your melee weapon thing, most likely just be a bunch of knife skins, but you cant sell something if you only see it for a quarter second.

thus selectable melee.

Tell me testers, are they adding the powered mode like they had in Planetside 1? try hitting b with you knife equipped see if it does anything.
  20. gigastar

Increase movement speed while the knife is out ala CounterStrike. Rip off a mechanic from a game that requires skill for once.

Now lets not get ahead of ourselves. That theyre even bothering to test next weeks patch is an apparent step up.
    • Up x 2