Just played for an hour and...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thaeos, Nov 20, 2012.

1. LocoCoyote

I was str8 combat for an hour and hit 35 cert points. It's not amazing, but I think the classes are fairly balanced and you need to put some effort into the game. If you want immediate gratification, go to McDonalds.
  2. Prince Damien

Find a base to defend. I find the Defence points to be a good income. I'm trying to focus on Heavy Assault so not using the Medic/Engineer cash-machines.
  3. Xandax

Played ~30 minutes andI have 2 ... then again I suck at shooting stuff, so I'm not complaining. Each kill is a win for me.
  4. Phasics

want to go faster ? pull out your wallet
  5. Elbryan

Just enjoy the game and forget the unlocks. Unlocks are just a bonus. Concentrate on the role you can play and the unlocks will come with time.

If you're only whoring for unlocks and can't enjoy the game without getting unlocks with a steady stream, then maybe you should consider paying for the game?
    • Up x 1
  6. Khorneholio

I understand, and feel for you, but that's kinda the whole point to the way the game is set up.

If you have time or talent to burn you can earn certs for the items you want. If you're short on time/talent you can spend a little on Station Cash to get a leg up on your peers. It's a flexible and fair system. The one thing you CAN'T do is not put in the time, not put in the cash, and still expect to obtain everything that those who have paid their due in one way or another have.
  7. Moody One

If you want to reap in the Certs -

1) dont spend ANY until you have 50 saved up
    2) get the S-AMS upgrade for the Sunderer
    3) find a good battle and park up in a good spot
    4) ???
    5) Profit
  8. PharmD

Played pretty much all night-maybe 3-4 hours, not sure but I unlocked well over 100 certs. If things stay like this the only cash I will be putting into this game will be cosmetics and a possible membership.
  9. RobotNinja

Nothing wrong with taking an hour or so to unlock a new sight. The great thing about PS2 is once it's unlocked...it's unlocked. No having to rent crap or continually re-buy weapons.
  10. IceVamp

You're not bad, you're just not imbalimbawubscree headshotmaster. Like people say, pay attention to what other players are doing. Stick to em, and if you hear "tank column!" be sure to follow that, as you'll fast cap probably three bases. And yes, playing a support class will net you a bit extra xp and hence extra certs which can be used on any class.