Just played for an hour and...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thaeos, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Thaeos

I have like 20 Cert points. Either I''m not that great, or I'll never really bother to play seeing as it takes 30 points to unlock a new reflex sight?? lol
  2. ManualReplica

3. Madmojo

More stuff more kills
    • Up x 1
  4. <Fluffy>

That wasn't really an answer from replica, but if i have to guess, if you spent an hour to get 20cert points, and upgrade when you get 30, and do another upgrade after more hours, eventually you'll be stacking cert points against people that don't have that many cert points yet.
    But hey maybe that's not how it works. :)

Edit: Aw shoot madmojo beat me to it.
  5. Tipsy McStagger

Follow the mass. Get into the big battles. The points will start to come in quickly.
  6. LoneGhostOne

grab the engi, rep everything in sight, use certs to upgrade repair gun --->profit (Certs)
    • Up x 1
  7. SKYeXile

iv unlocked about 700 :O
  8. Tipsy McStagger

Oh yeah, good call. I completely forgot about the Engi and the Medic. They may not be the most fun classes, imo, but they are some serious cash generators, though the engi turret is fun sometimes.
  9. LoneGhostOne

in base defense nothing is better than playing the engi, people dig out their maxes and your turrit racks up the points
  10. Fenom

The more you know about the game the faster youll earn certs.
  11. D0n

You are not that great, played for 30 mins and got the same.
  12. Antivide

Play Medic.

Go to a Bio-Lab.

ALL THE POINTS.
  13. Thre3zekiel

I feel mislead by the title of this thread ... I saw it expecting something like "I played for an hour and... magical dancing leprechauns flew out of my screen" or something equally mind-blowing. Stop preying on my sense of curosity, damn you. Bad OP, really bad OP!
    • Up x 1
  14. Landtank

I played for 45 minutes and got 45 certs, it's the nature of the beast.
  15. FINALCUT

Join a good outfit. A big outfit will always be involved in big battles and fast base caps. The certs come in way faster for me since I joined an outfit.
  16. Thaeos

To be fair I spent a fair bit of that time running around looking for things to shoot so eh, it's still fun lol
  17. BigHopper

i managed to get 25 certs in the first 20 min i played and i even forgot to equip my alpha bonus get into a good tech plant farm and see the xp come in.
  18. Khorneholio

Your cert gain will surely improve as you get familiar with the game. On another note: You really think an hour and a half is too long to play to earn an unlock? :confused:
    • Up x 2
  19. Cysquatch

^ This

Getting an unlock in an hour and a half isn't fast enough in a free to play game? Like someone else said your bound to get better the more your play meaning the rate at which you gain certs will increase over time so just relax and enjoy the game.
    • Up x 1
  20. Thaeos

Depends how much time you have to devote to gaming I guess.