Just Me Or Are Air to Ground Reject Tank Fighters and Noobs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Whiskiz, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Whiskiz

mm, i guess..
  2. Whiskiz

Ah yeah nice the mag tanks anti vehicle are bolt action style missile launcher taking a fairly long time to reload after each shot so almost zero fire rate and has massive drop as well not to mention the fact its range also isnt that long in the first place.

The second anti tank/vehicle is astraight rail type shot but again 1 shot reaload minimal fire rate you really have to be able to snipe the air and thats if they go low enough for you to aim high enough if no hills or good angles in the right spots.
  3. Whiskiz

I disagree, to begin with there is no set point to killing the other guy in this, but for fun, being a game and all. I define fun as pitting your skill against an enemys skill with roughly even level tools to utilise and coming out the victor due to more skill/strategy, something to be proud of.

Tell me how walking all over someone and making sure they have minimal chance to retaliate is fun....

and lol " The less chance for retaliation the better you did your job" when you go A2G you have instantly almost completely eliminated the chances for retaliation from them, yeah great job and hard work that was and what skill it took to elimintae that chance for retaliation, just by choosing your class, you feel proud? i bet you do....
  4. SolLeks

No wonder! your a noob!
  5. Whiskiz

Guess so, that and the PS2 Chat quality seems to suck, for me, both in speaking and hearing about 90% of the population in return. Went on mumble instead and clear as day, so not my hardware or software.
  6. Krona

The classic, "i can't win so insult their skill for using a different weapon than me" technique.

Classy.
  7. smokemaker

"...you feel proud?"
    You bet.
    When I land that 1 hit kill head shot.
    When I plant that proximity mine and hear it go off, followed by my XP.
    When I hack enemy AA turret and then wait for an Aircraft to land so i can decimate it.
    When I see the enemy tank and its direction, only to go around and hit it in the back killing it.
    yea.... you bet.

I enjoy the hunt.
    I enjoy the kill.
    It maybe just a game for fun for you.
    But its my murder simulator.
    :)

And I don't care how my victim feels about it. The more tears the better.
  8. Johan

Uploading to youtube
  9. smokemaker

should prove interesting to see OP in action... lol
  10. Whiskiz

Ah so you enjoy all the cheap and easy crutch kill stuff, i have nothing further to say to you then, goodluck with that champ.
  11. McFly

**** u ******. Tank vs Medic. Medic can't fight back. Now try Tank vs Air. ******* dumb ****
  12. Whiskiz

this johans a fool lol, first he says he rides with me then i whinged about my night vision on proxy chat, when i dont even have NV certed nor have ever used game chat on top LOL then he says hes riden with me again, so i ask what server i play on then, and oh surprise he doesnt answer, but by your self admitted cheap and easy crutch killing preference im guessing he's not the only dull candle on the cake.

Whats the bet he or a friend has made a whiskiz on their server just to troll the gullible like some people around here.....
  13. Whiskiz

umm a medic shouldnt be around for a tank to take on? least you can run an hide, try running and/or hiding a tank from air.

not. nearly. the same. thing.
  14. Whiskiz

Still trying to say you know me and have ridden with me, even when i just blew that out of the water when you said i whinged on proxy chat about NV or whatever, when i dont even have NV nor have ever used chat in game LOL then you continue to say you have ridden with me so i ask what server we have been riding together on and hey surprise, no asnwer ;)

Lol at those that look for fortune and fame off of other people, go on grab a mate and get him to make a whiskiz on whatever server your on for youtube, have fun with that.
  15. Whiskiz

Um, my whole point was Air2Ground takes absolutely no skill, since the target cant retaliate 98% so you just won the biggest fail award on this thread, congratulaions *hands you the award*.

Silly A2G and their silly comments.....
  16. Locke

I play air to ground Reaver with stealth to farm certs. With NV scope its stupidly easy to kill people often before they see you. Its one of a few things that are ridiculously powerful in situations where the enemy doesn't have the right counters in play but when G2A or A2A is around you wont be getting many kills.
  17. Wonberger

If you're running around with little or no air defense expect this to happen. This game is made to play with a team, not by yourself. Try lining up air shots on ground targets with other ESFs chasing you around and then come and tell me it's overpowered.
  18. Glythe

I think we just need to have air mines.....that's right I said air mines.

Let's make a ground to air mine launcher for engineers to buy with 100 certs. 1 mine= 1 kill. Imagine holding down the trigger in the same way that you would pull back the plunger for a pinball machine. Pull aim and fire. Mine waits patiently for an enemy target. For 600 certs total you can make the mines invisible to IR/Thermal vision (invisibility to regular optics will cost you 200 certs).
  19. JokeForgrim

Seriously... Look at nature. Lone wolves get trampled by herdes of cattle when they stray from the pack. I guess this is why wolves dont "lone wolf"... they are part of a Wolf pack, albeit in a beta male role. I forgot the final option which is Starting your own "platoon" and forming your own wolf pack. Although i dont know how effective you will be moving against a zerg, let alone an air zerg. Herdes always have bigger numbers, this is why dolphins/whales can kill sharks, its not skill its not weapons its numbers.

So you are saying you shouldn't have to play as part of a team in a team based game? Let me know how that works out for you in the long term. You know you get an EXP bonus from helping you squad right? Doubt that was intended at all, probably a coding error right?

BTW i haven't spent a $ on this yet and my reaver is decked out (under platoon advice) as is my vanguard and my 2 favourite classes (medic and engineer) i just have more time than most to cert grind, and have missed every 2x/3x SC event so far.

I was on holiday during the triple SC :( so i guess i'm just gonna unlock all my certs on my own. If you say a scythe is useless without anything then you are def flying around solo. Try asking at the warpgate if anyone needs another pilot for their squad. Whatever though, i feel like any advice i offer you is falling on deaf ears as you want to play as a Solo Beast, but seem endlessly disappointed when this doesn't work in an MMOFPS... who would have figured.

Glad to hear it!

So you said Scythe, that makes me assume you are using a magrider. Seriously??? If you cant dodge rocket pods in a magrider?? you are doing it wrong... i mean REALLY WRONG. Unlike a TANK this is a hovercraft that can strafe, try using WASD when being shot at (it really helps) sarcasm aside. Im guessing you need a friend who can watch the skies for you (if you are a serious tanker) as the magrider has a very limited field of veiw. This makes it easily susceptible to air ninja tactics.

But in all honesty i could safely say you have a lack of situational awareness, you move in a tank column (and die) you move alone (and die) the reason is because heavy tanks are for Anti-Heavy tanks. If you want to be able to watch the skies while moving solo, try a lighting... these are the same across factions. They have a 360 turret that can aim up. But guess what... the best part... they only fit 1 person. Perfect for lone wolves. Even better, if you cert up your armour and skyguard, and move with a tank column... you can protect other noobs running solo magriders (instead of gunning for a better driver) like yourself. Thats a win/win. Air doesnt have a chance and you can prevent another person from making another thread like this one. The only thing that is a slight downside is... you will be a team player... you might even have someone on your team press V then press 1 when you save them :( dont worry though, just ignore that and continue enjoying your revenge on the air.

Btw most ESF pilots are better tankers than pilots they just enjoy the challenge of a dogfight more than peaking/pillaring behind cover in a tank fight. So i guess in a way you could say they are rejected tank drivers who enjoy a more intense fight.

(also fixed you spelling mistakes, your welcome :D )
  20. JokeForgrim

LOL

Double LOL

LOLgasm!