[Suggestion] Its time to make SMG's & common pool shotguns Class Specific.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scr1nRusher

My way? Its the games way. Heavy weapons are separate weapons entirely from normal infantry weapon types.

Is thinking about the game hard?
  2. Scr1nRusher

You really don't get it what so ever.

Try to think for yourself and think of the gameplay impacts & how gameplay would actually go down.

Also the Lasher & MCG are very different weapons compared to the jackhammer.
  3. TerminalT6

THERE!!! That's it! That's everyone's point! Lasher & MCG are LMGs with a special little twist. The Jackhammer is a shotgun. It could replace NC HA's shotgun/SMG selection on its own. That's why restricting shotguns/SMGs is partial to NC, FROM A GAMEPLAY PERSPECTIVE.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

But its a shotgun with a twist!

The 3 round burst mode & better range overall.

Do you know how the gameplay will go down?(I'm talking about classes, etc etc) If the restrictions were in place?
  5. TerminalT6

You missed the point completely. If restrictions went through, only NC HA's would have dedicated CQC weaponry. That's the issue.

Do I know how gameplay will go down if the restrictions were in place? Well, it's the collective idea of most people on this thread that it would suck against your idea that it would be perfect.
    • Up x 3
  6. Scr1nRusher

NC's faction theme for AI is shotguns.

Just like TR's faction AI them is chianguns & VS's is plasma based weaponry.

Now as for the gameplay results of these restrictions...... I can safely say people are making a mountain out of a molehill.
  7. omfgweeee

I totaly agree with OP. On 101%!

Restricting this weapons will distinguish classes. Atm classes overlap too much.

HA causing problems for many ppls and all blame the shield, but imo thats aint the whole problem. HA have too much deversity. They must be reatricted to heavy weapons like LMG and RL. This weapons are heavy. Shotys and SMG are light weapons doesnt fit HA concept.

With upcoming MBT HP buff LA becoming even more useless. Like its not enought that 1 Motion Spoter or SF turret compleately deny the only class with undefined role.

But if LA have acces to shoty and HA not, this will give you reason to play LA. Also drifters speed walking will finaly find its place. LA will have potential to become a real asault class.

This game is FPS, no class should be pure support. Engi jave worst weaps in game. With shoty user he can become a great room defender class.

Medics at other hand must be the last man standing. Giving them CQC additional weps puts them in danger and its a trap. Its enought that they have best guns in game, CQC versions ofvwhich compete with SMG.

You can ask me, what stops me to use this examples right now. HA does! Cuz until HA have acces to this weapons he can do this rolles better cuz of the shield.

Restrict HA and you will make better use of other classes. HA is jack of all trades and master of all until gets resticted.

HA by its self have enought CQC options. Orion Sv88 Mswr Carv, Anchor. Shotys and SMGs are a bit better option and that causes big disbalance in curent state of the close range combat.

About the jack. I play this game for good amount of time alrdy and everyone tells me NC are the shotgun faction and yet all factions have same shotguns. By giving NC HA being only shotgun user will make this rummor finaly to be true.

you say then NC will dominate CQC. They dominate CQC atm in our current life servers too. Jack is there and killing ppls at this very moment. NC shotgun MAXes too. Removing SMGs and shotys from heavys will not cause any disbalance that alrdy doesnt exist.

NC HA have worst CQC options if we lock SMG and shotguns. Anchor is the only option and we all know its infirior to VS and TR ones. Jack is saving grace for NC.

Also many ppls dont realise how gambling shotys are if u compare them to automatic cqc gun. If you miss a shot with shotgun u miss A LOT of your dmg. If you dont hit with all pelets is the same. Automatic gun shoots so fast even you miss a bit doesnt matter.

Sry for long post and bad english but i rly think this change will make game a lot better.
  8. Maljas23

Don't agree with this at all, OP.

These weapons have been common pool since their introduction. There is no creditable reason to change that now.
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

Them being common pool is the problem.
  10. Mootar

11. Scr1nRusher

Sad part is that I am right in the end. Mootar, even if you can't see or don't want to see it now.
  12. Caydn

Just leave it how it is you hardly ever face a room of shotguns only geez
  13. Caydn

You are not right now move on
  14. Scr1nRusher

oh lol.

I expect a reaction like that, which proves me right again.
  15. Scr1nRusher

I was using a metaphor to describe how common shotguns are in alot of combat situations involving base interiors.

Of course, you only came on this thread to try to shame me or something, but thats clearly not working.
  16. Maljas23

Repeating what you said in your original post does nothing to disprove my point.
  17. Scr1nRusher

If anything what you stated proved something was wrong with the implementation.

You make something common pool to the classes, what happens?
  18. Jake the Dog

And here I thought this thread was kidding... People, shotguns are cheese yes? You have them too. Discussion over if you don't want to be a shotgun nub then don't. Besides they are EXTREMELY situational, yes you can put slugs on them but you know whats better than that? An AP round to the face.

-Drives away in a swagrider-
  19. Maljas23

Better nerf Nanoweave and all secondaries then, by your logic.

Anyway, what you are asking for won't happen, so why don't you give up? You can't honestly believe this is going to change after years of being this way. You have no proof at all that there is even a problem here. You're just whining out because you don't like it.

That's all this thread is: A big, pointless, opinionated,tactless,factless, whine.
    • Up x 3
  20. Jake the Dog

The only shotguns I see are those on max's and jackhammer (technically airhammers also) otherwise its a nonexistant problem for me, not counting the times Im incased in a bulletproof hull...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.