It's Official - SOE Hates Infiltrators.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by deusex2, Nov 25, 2012.

1. deusex2

Hell, LA should be renamed into infiltrator.
  2. Flaeb

Not gonna argue that the LA can do a better job than Infiltrators in certain situations due to their jet-packs. "Infiltrating" through windows and high places? Just great.
  3. jackrandom

I can't complain, this class has been perfect for me I don't think any other class can go 100 and 20 defending a base.

You must be doing it wrong with no certs.
  4. deusex2

Did you even bothered to read the initial message? It's not even a matter of how good you are or how wrong I am, it's a simple fact that infiltrator core mechanic is broken simply thanks to a simple scope modification, that completely negates any chance of infiltrating at short-mid range.

And no, covering from cover to cover in order to "sneak up" on people won't make cloak any less visible.
  5. that_darn_lurker

In case SOE gets any ideas that this is OK, its not. A cloak should bend more than just the visible spectrum of light. Infrared (or whatever night vision uses) should be covered as well.
    • Up x 1
  6. Helwyr

Yup there's no good reason to make cloaks more visible with IR/Thermal. And yes, the developers have not been favorable to Infiltrators, everything but sniping has been delivered in a very nerfed state. Compare that to how ESFs are balanced and the difference is very stark.

Anyone who likes the Infiltrator Class should be voicing their objection to IR/thermal seeing cloaks. Also, anyone that likes stealthy type gameplay regardless of class should voice their objection to the proliferation of Radar in the game, particularly vehicle based radar that can detect infantry who have no counter other than an active cloak on one class.
  7. Hashi

Thank you :D
  8. cody weathers

Infiltrator is a highly unfinished class that has much tweaking to be done. It's on the back burner as it serves its default purpose as sniper and squad support (With scout rifles and scout assault rifles). More infiltratory certs will be added after performance has been delt with. As of now playing on low settings infils are practically invisible as compared to medium or high settings. For this reason infiltrators cloak cannot be tweaked effectively as of now either.

Please be patient as devs work tirelessly to bring this game up to speed of its grand and epic vision, what is witnessed now is only but a fraction of the entire core game.
  9. wolfva

Everyone hates infiltrators. Other infiltrators hate infiltrators. The mothers of infiltrators hate infiltrators. So? If you want love and understanding, be a kitten.
  10. deusex2

Please don't preach tolerance in SOE developed game, it's pointless.
  11. Zaik

You could just set your graphics settings to low if you need help spotting them, infiltrators show up as a transparent dark silhouette rather than the predator looking cloak. It's pretty noticeable.
  12. Shuuda

First off; is this guy for real? Either he's ******** that an inf got the jump on him and so he decided to devote himself to "hunting" them, or he's ******** over the fact he couldn't play the class right and is certain it's the class's fault, not his own inability.

Second, while the IRNV scopes are pretty awesome and recommendable, they do have large weaknesses. Firstly, the don't give any zoom whatsoever and in fact even cut off your vision after a certain distance, making them only good for close - near medium range. They also cut out peripheral vision, making you easier to flank. It also makes it slightly harder to pick out friend from foe since you don't see any of their colours.

If you want a close range scope you're better off going with one of the Reflex Sights for general purpose. The IRNV is best for night time combat or for anyone using Smoke Grenades.
  13. Skeith

wait.....do you actually need an IRNV scope to notice a cloaked infiltrator o_O?
  14. deusex2

That works with only old graphics cards, newer ones actually make infiltrator invisible on low settings and keep making him more visible the higher your graphical settings go.

Then there's irnv scope that highlights cloaked infiltrator just as good as he does to other players.
  15. deusex2

First off, troll much?

And second, you need cloak close-mid range to infiltrate wit infiltrator and irnv makes it pretty much impossible. It's nearly impossible with inf's crappy guns and crappy cloak, but with irnv highlighting cloaked infiltrator it's completely impossible to remain undetected or even to get a jump on someone.

Thirdly IRNV actually reduces friendly fire because it makes the damn arrow above the head more visible.

And last, but not least, you can still make out enemies at long range with it. I was even able to gun down sniper with it at long range.
  16. Shuuda

Calling me a troll would imply it requires intelligence or cunning to talk you down. It really doesn't so don't give yourself so much credit.

Unless you go around everywhere in scoped mode just on the off chance an infiltrator will run in front of you you're not always going to spot them in time or catch up to them. Maybe I'm just too experienced to stand in front of people even when cloaked like a new player might. Perhaps if everyone went around with IRNV scopes then I'd be more concerned, but they don't.

I suppose you can still see some range with IRNV, but it's not particularly effect since you lose the white outline at certain ranges and enemies just appear in grey. There're better option to be certain.

If I ever did get hunted by some guy with that scope I doubt I'd take as a sign of stop playing that class, much in the same way if I got headshotted using an engi turret I wouldn't take it as a sign to stop playing engineer. Everything can be countered and you're bound to run into every now and then.

And I sincerely disagree about the inf guns being bad. Perhaps you've attempted to use them in the same way you would a Carbine or LMG and found them ineffective, which is how it should be in my opinion. But used in a style right for the class I've found the Semi Auto Scout Rifle to be a fine weapon when fighting in bases and I have no trouble getting a fair number of kills with it myself. But my true love is for Claymores. Those things are just too fun to give up.

To be honest, you sound like a ten year old who's learnt a new card trick and thinks he's dazzling everyone with it. You made a discovery most people did ages ago, so quit acting like you're some kind of hardcore inf hunter.
  17. SJ_Wolf

When inside a Bio-Lab I play Shotgun Heavy Assault, when not inside a Bio-Lab I am Infiltrator and I have several jobs in my squad,

1. Medics and engineers kill them
    2. Spam spot everything
    3. Base assault, hack vehicle term ASAP and buy and deploy a secondary AMS Sunderer
    4. Counter sniper
    5. Break Infantry Rocket Walls.
    6. Provide situational intel and be the scout for new base assaults.

I am far from useless.
  18. Lazaruz

This injustice cannot stand!
  19. shahryar

I just wish we could be better at sabotaging. like in ps1

not saying c4 but I'd love to booby trap things or some crap
  20. deusex2

...Ok, I have to admit, I gave you a compliment when I called you a troll. Seeing how you struggle with reading comprehension and how good you are at misunderstanding my original post or any other follow-ups. It's obvious you're a ******, so please stop acting smart, you're failing at it.

I'm telling you this again, one last time:

1)It completely negates any chances of sneaking up on people with the help of the cloak.
    2)Yes, people are always checking and double-checking everything with those things, especially when they are camping consoles/generators. And yes, there's a crapload of people using IRNV in-game, just because you're a lucky fool doesn't mean others are.
    3)Good luck trying to sneak up on someone with IRNV, camping generator room, especially with infiltrator's crappy guns. BTW our scout semi-rifle is called battle rifle for other classes, and it has twice the amount of ammo in it.
    4)Go ahead and try to counter my engineer hiding behind the max, fixing him non-stop, while dropping ammo supply for all in the area and occasionally sniping down snipers/random enemy with a fraggin carbine. Go ahead and counter my medic from aoe/direct healing my teammates while mowing down enemies with AR. On the other hand just about anyone can equip IRNV and spot a cloaked infiltrator from far-far away. Granted cloak is so bad you can be spotted anyway, but IRNV completely negates human error.