It's Official - SOE Hates Infiltrators.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by deusex2, Nov 25, 2012.

1. deusex2

You don't believe me? Just unlock night vision sights on any gun and point it at cloaked infiltrator. You don't even need to tinker with graphical settings.
  2. Hashi

YAY! Thanks for the tips tips!
  3. Blitzkrieg

Cheers for the help, I shall buy one immediately and continue to hunt cloakers.

I freaking love your signature.
  4. deusex2

Gratz to you, for finally catching on it. At least I had an excuse, I was on the receiving end of that scope and was going down too fast until I've noticed most of the time it was because people were using night vision in broad daylight.
  5. Benton!

Yup. I have one on my scout rifle ;)
  6. inquisitor beetallus

It's infra-red, not night vision. I have little trouble seeing cloaked unassisted without it if I am aware they are there and to pay attention for predator shimmer.
    Stop walking in front of people in close range, there are other routes from point A to point B than a straight line, loop around hills, use cover, etc.
  7. SixVoltSamurai

It's not Sony that hates them, it's the playerbase. Nobody likes useless invisible things.
  8. Timeraider

Sometimes we are useless and need buffs, sometimes we are OP ******** who can 1-shot and need to be nerfed. The playerbase better choose what they want or nothing will happen :p
  9. Flaeb

Infiltrators are fine, they need some tweaks, but fine. Not many people are gonna walk randomly with there infra-red scopes zooming randomly, and if they choose those type of scopes just to have an easier time killing Infiltrators, then they are losing kills by not using a better scope. Great for shotguns though.

There are times I take out a squad by myself with a pistol and knife by throwing a EMP grenade, and shooting and stabbing, picking up 2-7 kills by myself. Infiltrators are amazing if used properly, stop using that damn sniper rifle. Use cloak to go cover to cover, don't get seen.

Pretend you're a slightly better version of Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell. You're invisible, but not quite. As long the enemy doesn't know you're there, you have the advantage to sneak by, and A LOT of people won't notice you. Don't walk infront of peoples view unless you're ready to sprint behind cover to juke that enemy.

Get Advanced Hacking to level 6 like I did, and you will be hacking things in seconds, making turrets and terminals yours to control. Once you get a certed Infiltrator, they are a huge nuisance to the enemy. Wait till they also add the ability to hack Vehicles and Stalker Cloak. These forums will be screaming nerfs for infiltrators.
    • Up x 1
  10. deusex2

Oh yeah?! Well who do think made infiltrator to be so useless, wise guy?

Except that it highlights infiltrator for as far as you can see players with that scope. Needless to say, that completely rules out any element of surprise and makes any attempt to infiltration completely impossible, which only leaves Infiltrator with one option only-to snipe people from max range.

Also you're missing the main point. The only excuse the devs have to keep infiltrator as THE WORST CQC CLASS in PS2 is that infs have an "element of surprise" on their side. Nevermind that it depends on user's graphic settings and that it's painfully obvious up close anyway, but it turns out that infiltrator can actually be spotted by just about anyone from 300-400 meters away, thanks to that scope.

I am yet to see any Biolab/facility taken over by Infiltrator's sniping from afar...
  11. deusex2

It pains me to know that people playing infiltrator are actually proud of being nothing more than nuisance in PS2, instead of being a real threat. And why would I bother pumping certs into a lackluster mechanics, such as hacking?! One certpoint is all that I'm willing to spend on it. As for your, "run from cover to cover" argument, well first of all, why the hell do I need cloak in the first place, then?! I'm far better off gliding with jet pack.

Not only that, did you actually tried to take over the location, when there's medic/LA/HA/engineer somewhere in the corner of the room with that scope? You can't sneak up on them, unless you're going through the roof or the window...Which means you're playing LA and not Infiltrator.

And yes, I've seen lots of people actually scanning the surrounding areas with those things, in broad daylight damn it! It was why I've bought myself the scope in the first place to check it out.

So long story short, our cloak is even more useless then people think it is.
  12. SixVoltSamurai

The feedback from testers maybe? The feedback from PS1 when Infs had permacloak and could hijack other factions vehicles?

Give them too much versatility and people will cry bloody murder, this is why Infiltrators can't have nice things... like shotguns. ;)
    • Up x 1
  13. Mindfire

Oh don't be so naive. SOE keeps inf **** upon release so you spend SC unlocking other class weapons.

Then when they release the inf goodies, you spend more SC in locking inf weapons.

Its a marketing a strategy for your cash that's all.
  14. Flaeb

I can tell this is going to go back and forth. A good infiltrator can take out multiple enemies with ease, easier than any class except maybe a MAX, THAT IS A THREAT. Cover to cover works just fine, it gives me that feeling to watch every corner, the sense of danger feels great knowing you're not invincible. Also, they're gonna add Stalker Cloak very soon. Many of you need to practice the infiltrator, cause I average out 3.0+ K/D ratio every playthrough.

Unless you have questions or want some tips on how to play a proper Infiltrator, this is my last post in this thread. Because I have a strong feeling the next quote is gonna be bashing and/or something to counter the way I play infiltrator. If you still have negative things to say, then obviously the Infiltrator is not for you, sorry. :( Also, again, Infiltrators are one of the best in CQC, if you're gonna laugh at this comment, again, you're doing it wrong and need practice, accept it.

Don't worry, they are going to add more things for infiltrators eventually, they are aware of it. So just play something else if you can't stand them now.
  15. deusex2

Since when did SOE ever listened to any tester feedback? Besides current infiltrator has nothing but wrong class description name.

So having one of the core class's mechanics completely broken and effectively useless is all part of marketing strategy in order to force players to buy infiltrator's weapons later on? And people will waste money on broken class, because...?
  16. SixVoltSamurai

It's a progression of online games, nobody likes being shot by people they can't see, and everyone hates snipers to begin with so it's pretty much a no-brainer.
  17. Deathbane

Althrough the beta.

[IMG]
  18. deusex2

Now I see what's wrong with our conversation - you seem to believe that this game is about K/D ratio. Goodbye and have fun scoring your frags, for whatever good it's going to do in a middle all out assault. Me, I'll be infiltrating the bases with LA and completing the objectives, like taking down shields or taking over facilities to get access to teleport inside Bio Lab, because that's gonna help my side win the battle.
    • Up x 1
  19. deusex2

So can the class and be done with it! It's not like other classes don't have access to x6 scopes or something.

Cool trolling bro, too bad you're not very familiar with SOE beta-testing in general...
  20. Flaeb

I do that as well, it depends on the situation. If we're on the defense, I'm taking out people in waves, if I'm offense, I'm capping,hacking, and destroying generators while taking out people who are in my way. That's my tip, adapt to the situation and change up. :) -waves- I'm glad the LA is more of your play style though! They are a great class.