[BUG] It seems NC and VS can't fight one another.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by meggarox, Jul 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meggarox

Hey guys, looks like a major bug, it's a real bad one this time. See, NC and VS appear to not be able to fight each other except in very particular circumstances. You might want to get on this bug right away. Here's some screenshots:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Weylin

Does this happen to be Connery? If so, welcome to our hell, and at least the source of 20% of my salt and ****posting motivation
  3. LordKrelas

Ah, not seeing what you mean really.
    If you mean like in terms of territory; it happens nearly on a rotation.
    But all three sides, can, and do attack each other - some times, it's tactical to focus-fire, but fun but it happens to work.

For Connery, neither TR nor NC likes to fight VS all that often if it can be helped.
  4. meggarox

The bug is still going strong my dudes, terrible bug *sheds a tear*

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. meggarox

20 minutes later the map looks like this:
    [IMG]

They can't fight one another please sort this bug out!
  6. LordKrelas

You do realize, that VS are up to NC's bio lab in all of 20 minutes.
    It's in your picture.
    • Up x 1
  7. meggarox

So TR loses 12 bases in 20 minutes due to having the only two large fights on the continent eating their territory, but that's okay because VS manged to ghost cap 2 NC bases?
  8. LordKrelas

I did state this happens to all sides.
    Which it does.

As well, all your pictures show NC & VS in the same hexes..
    Actual absence of fighting, has none of that.
    Not to mention, it lacks the context; Some time after a side has zerged the hell out, hived to win, or something, it gets focused fired.
    Happens to VS a lot.
  9. meggarox

I never see this happen to NC or VS unless VS is at 25% continent population, it's the PTS or it's like 3 in the morning.

"As well, all your pictures show NC & VS in the same hexes.." Oh well aren't you smart, using the literal definition instead of understanding the actual point of this obviously sarcastic forum post.

The context is that Amerish had just freshly unlocked after NC and VS zerged TR off of Indar. My screenshot from Indar shows how the situation was for about an hour until the Alert ended.
  10. meggarox

The moral of the story is: Why do you think there are no good players on TR?

It's obvious, TR is boring and weak.
    • The Gatekeeper revamped TR, then it got nerfed to the point that a Prowler with one cannot get anyone to gun it.
    • Fractures were buffed far beyond what they were, but they're only about as good as Vortexes.
    • Pounders are our best anti-infantry MAX weapon despite being AV, yet the average KD and KPH on pounders is still lower than every MAX-mounted shotgun.
    • Low accuracy means poor accuracy versus VS at range and a lower potential skill ceiling on hit rate.
    • Low damage means low "shock factor", 1-hitting an enemy requires them to be on far less health than a 200 damage gun.
    • Our average fire rate is 750, but VS and NC can use 845 RPM model weapons.
    • NC Average damage is 167, and that's the maximum damage model we can use.
    • VS have no bullet drop weapons, the gatekeeper USED TO BE our only weapon with this feature.
    • NS weapons are all functionally identical to our lower fire rate model weapons, eg;
    T5 AMC and NS-11C
    T1S Cycler and NS-11A
    T32 Bull and NS-15M
    • None of our weapons are more fun to use than the NC or VS equivalent, eg;
    TRAP, Railjack, Phaseshift
    Marauder, Canister, Proton PPA
    MCG, Jackhammer, Lasher

We may have some effective weapons such as the Vulcan, Banshee and TMG-50, but there is very little in the TR that is actually fun to use. We can't pave over bases with a Magrider or donkey-punch everything with a Jackhammer, we just get to sit still and click at things from a stupid distance until walls or c4 happen or play infantry vs infantry. Pro tip: TR infantry is weaker than VS and NC infantry, although my killboard is quite generous.

TR ARE EASIER TO FARM THAN NC OR VS AND THAT'S WHY TR GETS SHAFTED ALL THE TIME.
    • Up x 1
  11. LordKrelas

What bloody server?
    On Connery, TR has the most pop, and is the one engaging NC to the warp gate hard.
    Constantly. With VS being ignored by TR - Grass is always greener.

Boring & weak? That's usually's VS's stock line.

Gate Keeper was insanely powerful ages past.
    Vortexes, an VS weapon.
    Pounders vs close-range RNG shotguns - You want to trade?

Low accuracy, having the highest fire-rate means you have enough bullets to not care.
    As well, long-range is far & in-between.
    With quick reloads, and plentiful ammo, you easily can hit a target.

If TR's weaponry could have a higher damage model, they'd be even more effective per bullet, per magazine, and be even faster to kill NC or VS in close-range to medium range, due to sheer volume of fire being even more effective.

NC has the lowest firing rate for our guns; the rare model isn't at the slowest bloody fire rate.
    VS has the average.
    TR has 700-900 rpm weaponry.

VS has had no-bullet-drop on infantry weapons... since like what inception?
    Gate-Keeper is an incredibly long-range large-magazine anti-armor Top-gun, akin to the Saron.
    It was never a TR trait.

And every high damage NS weapon bests NC's.
    Commissioner is a grand example; Highest damage model pistol.

The Chaingun is more fun to use, than a triple-shotgun of RNGesus.... Or having to nearly melee to use AI max weaponry.
    Striker is lovely, rather than Snipe-me-hard-if-outside-a-spawnroom phoenix.
    Lasher needs support, is basically incredibly hard to use if the enemy has aim.

NC has the slowest firing weapons, the second largest tank, dependency on accuracy (yet has the worst time), Max weaponry is all shotguns for AI making them useless unless inside next to a doorway, Heavy weapon is nearly identical to normal shotguns....
    Get an NC up close, and you out DPS them hard, with even a sidearm as TR.
  12. Morpholine

It's in your head.

[IMG]

FWIW, I have 50/50 % NC/TR kills.
  13. The Shady Engineer

Must be a hell of a fight at Bastion and West Pass if those fights are still going with timers ticking 20 minutes after they started. Can't really blame people for farming easy kills at those 2 spots and abandoning the Heyoka Tech and Ikanam Bio lanes to their fate. Especially since TR was getting double zerged from the looks of it.

Also quick side note- cut the victim complex, you're making the Republic look bad. Our arsenal is just as capable at putting down planetmans as the other factions. All factions get double teamed, it's just a fact of life on Auraxis. Today it was TR, tomorrow it will be NC and the day after it will be VS. Whatever the reason for it happening I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with TR weaponry.
    • Up x 2
  14. Kristan

Yup, exact thing on Miller every god damn evening alert. TR gets doubleteamed to the warpgate with even populations. :mad:
  15. RockPlanetSide2

Again for the 10,000th time... you can't control the zerg, and the zerg is all that matters anymore in the game... get over it.

I'm sorry if you think barking orders into your mic, matters... it does not.
  16. zaspacer

Either:
    1) this is the kind of gameplay DBG Devs want OR DBG Devs don't consider this an issue
    2) this is the kind of gameplay DBG thinks players want
    3) the DBG Devs don't know how to change this situation OR they don't think it can be changed OR they don't think it can be changed without creating bigger problems
    4) DBG Devs are focused on dabbling on other stuff they care about more
  17. LordKrelas

You do realize the post is literally someone complaining that Players specifically aren't always engaging at the fullest all sides at all times.
    Daybreak can't force them to always fight at equal pops, on all sides 24/7...
    As it's not a bug.
  18. Rydenan

If you honestly think this is true, you're either new or willfully ignorant.
    All factions get "teamed up on" from time-to-time. And if there's any faction that it happens to more than others, it's NC.
    Not that I blame anyone for it. The NC are, by far, the easiest targets.
    • Up x 3
  19. BartasRS

I see nothing unusual in those pics. I often see one big fight in Bio or TechPlant where people farm like crazy while the rest of the map is being ignored and it is looking as if one side totally ignores the other leaving the impression of double teaming and such. IMO this is more lattice related problem than anything else. If the fight comes to a point where it is impossible to advance into one territory it is obvious that people will go the path of the least resistance and it often means one side is double teamed just because available bases are easier to take or more fun to fight.
    • Up x 2
  20. Kristan

Dude... Hexes between NC and VS are 1-12 or 12-24 or even empty. Cut that crap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.