Is the delay on the Railjack hard to get used to?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TCryan44, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Waratorium

I actually kind of wish the Impetus was really bad so I could make jokes about its name.
    • Up x 2
  2. miraculousmouse

Wrel is NEVER wrong. You just lack perspective since you don't have a bandana squeezing your head.
  3. iller

Then you don't have an argument as far as SOE's datamining designers are concerned (devil's advocacy only)

hehheh ... I do think he's 100% right about this:

That alone might tamp down most of the complaints about these guns where KPH & directives are concerned....
    • Up x 1
  4. Goretzu

By all means PM Axehilt with that, and you can have a massive arguement about that with him if you want! :D

All stats (including the ones in your signature) are meaningless if performance stats of every time a weapon is used in PS2 are meaningless. :confused:
  5. TheShrapnelKing

I've always said that my stats lie. They keep telling everyone I don't suck, which is clearly not true.
  6. Goretzu

:)

Data never lies, it can be misinterpreted or misunderstood though, for sure.

But in the case of the the Railjack and the Longshot empirical data and theoretical performance marry pretty much exactly with the Railjack being slightly subpar to the Longshot over all.

Certainly there could be something going on we don't see that is skewing things, but really that is not the most likely of eventualities.
  7. DoomFruit

I never had much problem using the old Saron on infantry and that had a longer delay with a slower projectile.
  8. lothbrook

I'm never going to understand why the railjack has a delay from when you hit the trigger to when the round releases, considering they have capacitors that should be charged when you take the shot meaning if theres a delay anywhere it'd be between shots.

Theres also no sense to it having less rounds than the Longshot, especially since one of the benefits to a railgun is that it doesn't need a large round and it doesn't require casings for the round as it doesn't need the propellant, meaning you could easily double or triple the amount of ammo you have in a mag.

TLDR: The long shot is better in every way.
  9. TCryan44

Thanks everybody for your input, but please let's not so crazily off topic and argumentative.