Is it just me, or did SOE ninja buff NC weaponry?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Banick, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Banick

Not in a damage sense, less recoil causing a better COF.

I'm not the only one either, my outfit shares the feeling as well. Same weapons we've used all the time, just, less COF and less recoil. It's beautiful, I was actually getting killstreaks tonight.
  2. Hosp

Could be the recent patches that hotfixed things optimized the game a bit and so your bullets are just registering more. Just a guess.
    (I'm currently in the process of testing for a bug that causes weapons to do less/no damage.)
    • Up x 1
  3. Banick

You know this could be it. I've always felt rego was off, on Briggs (AU) at least.
  4. MrPokealot

Its just you
  5. Xiphos

Switched to a forward grip recently?
  6. Banick

Nope.

Like I said, nothing changed on my weaponry.
  7. Kreyen7654

It's the developers optimizing the game. You may just be having better performance. :) Enjoy :)
  8. Zan_Aus

Confirmation bias
    • Up x 2
  9. ShakareeNC

Im not a technical guru but they did just fix a outstanding memory leak, and I am guessing if you suffered from that more then others then you should see some improvement. I dont know for sure since like i said im no tech guru.
    • Up x 1
  10. TeknoBug

I'm not sure what's going on but I was getting NO hit registration this morning, I shot an infiltrator in the head and back with a full clip when he was unaware of me being there and he managed to kill me and the kill summary showed he was 100% health/armor, same went for the AA burster MAX, I was hitting a Galaxy and the flaks were exploding yet I got zero hit regs.

However, when I was on top of a roof in the biolab I was shot down in less than 2 seconds out of nowhere by a HA and I'm sure I was well hidden, there were some weird behavior from certain players so I'm guessing there's a new wave of hacks... oh joy.
  11. Playful Pony

I haven't noticed anything but, as has been mentioned, maybe recent optimizations have caused your weapons to feel like they perform better? I seem to remember there was something along these lines during the BETA, where TR weaponry suddenly experienced increased effectiveness due to a few issues being fixed in other parts of the game.
  12. Banick

Hmm sweet, I'll take it. I didn't think I was that bad of a player on inf, but since this patch I'm owning. Great to see it's improved!
  13. Jurav

Please test the armor and shields. I suspect that it's not the weapons as much as the NC armor/shields being bugged and not taking as much damage as the TR or VS.
  14. Hosp

AA is the biggest culprit of the no damage issue. But it seems to creep into other class weapons as well. Quickest, though not always reliable, fix is goto a supply station, change loadouts, resupply, change loadout back, resupply again, continue playing.
  15. Hosp

That's a whole other issue. We're talking weapon hits registering, not damage mitigation working.
  16. Banick

Things seem normal on that front. No issues dying by TR or VS lol.
  17. LordMondando

And maybe a bit of placebo effect given the 3 hotfixes.

Also far as I know, there's been no optimization yet. Unless you count fixing the annoying memory leak an optimization.

Given hit detection is client side and thus lag can result in missed shots when packets don't make it to the server, maybe its related to your internet connection.
  18. StormFrog

It's just you.
  19. TeknoBug

There was SERVER side optimizations the other day.
  20. square

I've also gotten a few kill streaks as NC lately, although one was as an Infiltrator and one was blasting people with rockets from inside the spawn room so I doubt those were due to a change in weapon recoil

most likely I'm just getting better at the game or I got lucky or something