Is hipfiring being better a myth...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Jawarisin, Mar 16, 2015.

1. salembeats

MLG Pros run around with medkits out with the primary purpose of padding the Dasanfall weapon-specific KPH stats. From that perspective, equip time is a significant factor, since they're frequently swapping.

For everyone else who isn't concerned with that kind of stuff and generally keeps their primary weapon in hand most of the time, it's not as big a deal.

Still not a fan of Foregrip on an SMG though.
    Advanced Laser Sight for me (credentials: #1 Armistice worldwide, check my golden one for recent stats).

yeHHH1g's advice seems to come from the perspective of using the NS7 a lot (and VS SMGs, which tend to have higher average HS% in real-world use), which is a weapon which has a bit more range than the other SMGs. Therefore, an ADS-specific loadout makes more sense there.

In fact, the NS7 is actually more like a low-damage, low-recoil carbine -- it's more similar to a carbine than an SMG. It has a high skill ceiling because even though the damage output is low, since it shoots almost exactly where you point it with no RNG to speak of when compared to other weapons.
  2. Jawarisin

Eh, When I'm running in an open field to another area (say between quartz ridge and indar ex) and there's no enemies close enough, it's just better to run with a medkit. Not only for the stats, but mainly if you get fired on, a sniper round or simply a keen heavy, that medkit will save your life. You'd be a fool to run with a medkit in a building though.

Same thing, let's say I'm trying to get from point A to point B and there's tanks in bewteen. I have my (not so trusted anymore) cloak, but if I think it will run out, or simply because I can get splashed/shot at, running with a medkit ready is once again the smartest move.

In fact, whenever you're NOT looking for combat or there's no enemies that you could hope to shoot (Sniping with an SMG just doesn't really work), it's smarter to run with a medkit. If it was just to pad stats, running out with a pistol would be just as well, it's not like people look at your pistol stats anyways.

But yes, overall, it does "pad" it a little, but it's a padding because of playing smart. It's not like people wait till they see the enemy to pull their weapon out. They pull them before the combat zone or whenever they think they will be useful.

You... You were converted to foward grip!:eek:
    My life's mission was a success
  3. salembeats

I didn't say that statpadding was the only purpose -- I said that it's the primary one. ;)

Sometimes you're more likely to survive being jumped by just flipping and firing back, instead of doing the medkit dance (especially if you're running SMG on your HA).

Ha!

Speaking of that -- that's why my KPH with my Commissioner is only a bit more than 30 -- keeping it equipped and ready on my Stalker loadout! :D
  4. Iridar51

No, I wasn't. I still believe it doesn't make sense since SMGs just do to little damage where forward grip becomes useful in terms of reducing recoil.
    You're not hearing me. Foregrip penalty for SMGs is 0.05s. It is 1/20 of a second. It's not "not a big deal for people who keep primary in their hand". It's NO deal at all, for anyone.
  5. BillHaverchuck

It depends.

Hip Fire: In case of multiple targets, just trying to pick one, while moving quickly to dodge bullets, hide and repeat. Hip fire on 1on1 in very close quarter battles. This style of playing requires maximum shield capacitor and medkits as well.

ADS: In case of 1on1 battle outside the CQC-Hipfire area. ADS is mostly used when I am sure I am not gonna die so I dont try to dodge bullets and I just try to kill quickly

I dont think there is a better way of playing, only different ways of playing that are getting better the more you try to incorporate them. Stats are of course some way to categorize players but style of playing is also a big factor that is not presented in stats. Defensive playing infiltrators are bound to have better stats than offensive infiltrators. Stalker cloaking is also a stat unfriendly style of playing.