Infiltrators are completely invisible while moving.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pattyfathead1, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Pattyfathead1

I am constantly getting knifed by infiltrators walking directly in front of me. I cannot see them till they decloak, shoot once with a crossbow and knife me simultaneously.

I play on low settings.

This is my first flame complaint thread.

I am generally dead before I see the decloak animation...

I am not having fun playing PS2 right now.

We all know dark lights are in the game. They are specifically to counter invisible infiltrators. Moving infiltrators standing in front of you, should not be invisible.
    • Up x 5
  2. AgentSpades

People like you are the reason why this game gets dumbed down, get a flash light. Thx
    • Up x 9
  3. d3adline

Two possibilities.

1. Buy a better rig.

or

2. Flashlights have been buffed, they are now "Darklight" Flashlights and will reveal cloaked infils!
    • Up x 4
  4. lyravega

People playing on very low / low settings already had problems seeing an infiltrator, now that the cloak is further "buffed", I can't say I wasn't expecting this.
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

Except that he's right: infiltrators are legitimately 100% invisible on low settings.
    [IMG]
    The same image in the same place on different graphics settings:
    [IMG]

Note that the top image also has 100+ FPS while the bottom one doesn't even hit 50 in the warpgate with nothing happening.
    • Up x 7
  6. Pattyfathead1

I should not be required to have a flashlight to see a MOVING infiltrator. I am aware they are in the game, it is unreasonable for me to be required to use them to see them infront of me moving close range.

Stationary, total invisibility is totally fine with me.
    • Up x 2
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

Dat ninja edit of "fleshlight" to "flashlight"
    • Up x 5
  8. z1967

Low settings and cloak don't mesh well together. It would be great if it did, but it does not, sadly. Medium and Low often don't make much of a difference between the two fps wise except medium can see cloakers. give it a try, it might help. Also, infiltrators will be aplenty for a week or so. Might want to equip that darklight to help see them.
    • Up x 3
  9. Pattyfathead1

Everyone knows Dark lights are in the game, why are people telling me this.
    I am not asking for the game to be dumbed down. I am asking that infiltrators stay the way they were, where they were near invisible, not completely invisible.

I don't see how completely invisibility while moving is competitive mechanic.
    • Up x 1
  10. AgentSpades

Guys name is PattyFathead1 and says "he's not having fun playing PS2 right now", with very little alliteration of any sort. Your screen shots tell more story then his explanation.

Do infiltrators show up on low settings with a flash light equipped?
  11. Pattyfathead1

Haha, yeah bad typo there. Normally I post then proof ready. Really failed me there. :)
  12. Pattyfathead1

I can see them with a flashlight. I shouldn't have to drop my Forward Grip to see MOVING infiltrators in front of me. I should have to drop it if I want to hunt out stationary infiltrators in the corners of rooms.
    • Up x 2
  13. Pattyfathead1

What bothers me is there was no reason for the change. I played on low settings previously and infiltrators where very very difficult to see. But... they were still visible, if you looked carefully or if they made the mistake of running across the horizon.

I don't see why they needed the buff to be totally invisible.
    • Up x 2
  14. AgentSpades

Well then, problem solved. l2fleshlight bro
  15. Pattyfathead1

My GPU needs an upgrade for sure, but they previously had it balanced for weak GPUs. Sure you had an advantage with a better GPU, but atleast it was still playable on a weak one. Why remove the ability to use a under powered GPU?
    • Up x 1
  16. Pattyfathead1

Didn't read the post did you.
    • Up x 1
  17. Catch23

It's huge buff to the class.

generally better cloak and Stalker Cloak lasts 16 seconds at max rank. Cert into Grenade Band and spam EMPs, which have been fixed/ buffed too.
    you can EMP - BASR/ Semi/ Scout rifle to the body coming out of improved hunter cloak. if you stay stationary, you can protect yourself with the Motion Sensor. Now get the Bolt Action attachment when the ESSRs are done...

Infiltrators did it again, they got their will and this class is op now.

I'm playing it before you call me whiner
  18. Pattyfathead1

Good Post. This is what I should post. But I shouldn't have to. This shouldn't make it past PTS.
    • Up x 1
  19. AgentSpades

I did, your fleshlight enables you to see infiltrators. l2notownaEmachine
  20. Pattyfathead1

Probably how I should look at it. Maybe they just have an agreement with AMD and Nvidia. Force a few more people to upgrade their GPU :)
    • Up x 1