[Vehicle] inb4 Gatekeeper gets nerfed into the ground

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SW0V, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronin Oni

well, lets be fair here though... it's a hell of a lot easier to hit an inf 5 times with a perfect accuracy, 500m/s weapon....

than a massive bloom requireing full seconds between shots acc, 150m/s weapon

Oh, and both have almost no splash damage....

Oh, and the latter has zero AV damage, and intended for AI, while the former is designed for AV, and incidentally decent at AI.

Is it's OP vs Infantry? Nah... Enforcer AV is a lil better even I'd say depending on gunner...

But lets not pretend the nerfed PPA is anything but utterly useless.
  2. CMDante

Please re-read the post, I said it's burst versus sustained damage. And if damage per magazine is irrelevant, why did you bring it up before?
  3. CMDante

I can't really say a whole lot about the PPA, I've never used it. But I have a very hard time seeing the GK as better at killing infantry than... well much of anything, really.
    • Up x 2
  4. zuka7

What you NC and VS are experiencing now is the final piece of the Prowler puzzle. The synergy. For a long time now Prowler drivers had to use pick a boo tactics and strategic positioning for double barrel long range engagements. These drivers are masters of the long range engagements and when you slap a Gatekeeper on top of it which every infantry want to use it generates confusion on the open field that you are not use to seeing. You are actually being hit by the long range secondary and better get used to it just as TR got used to Saron and Enforcer.
    • Up x 1
  5. asmodraxus

We need more time for the actual stats to get in give it 3 more weeks.

Then either bring the gatekeeper down to the Enforcer/Saron/Halberd level (if its inevitably higher) by giving it CoF, bullet drop, reduce the damage per shot, or raise the Saron/Enforcer/Halberd (increase their projectile velocity to match the Gatekeeper, reduce their CoF or increase their damage).

But DBG don't ignore it and hope it will go away, as the players just might, even before the Gatekeeper the Prowler was the most imbalanced of the tanks as with a gunner it could rip apart any other tank easily due to the superior DPS, and when all you have against it is a mag with the LOWST dps it becomes a farce.

Without a gunner the Prowler was balanced too some extent, hence when this was in the wish list I pointed out that either the Prowler would need to be nerfed, or the other buffed because well the Prowler now rules too some extent.
  6. Ronin Oni

Better than Saron actually.

You might say "but 3 is less than 5!" until you realize that you need to wait a full second between shots on the Saron, so we're already looking at comparable TTK, misses mean 20% more TTK per miss, you're on a platform that is constantly moving (if we're comparing MBT variants... if we're talking harassers, FFS you should be using Vulcan, Halberd, Marauder, Fury, or New VS Vulcanesque gun), and the velocity is slower.

Comparing AI lethatlity of an AV to an AI is a joke, and the fact the GK comes out on top only speaks to how pathetically far the PPA has fallen (I never liked the old version either, but it needs to be made into a proper short range AI weapon then).

Halberd OHK's so is better against a single target, but the GK can kill 6 targets with 1 mag (realistically more like 3-4 counting misses). How often is there only 1 HA planetmans?

Enforcer takes the cake IMO with a 1.x second TTK (shoot, chamber, shoot) and capacity to kill 4 in 1 magazine, but the GK isn't THAT far behind, and is much better vs fast moving vehicles.

TL;DR: The AI capability of GK is NOT really lacking and is easily fair given it's actual competitors.
  7. KirthGersen

Played a bit with GK-H. I was @ Jaeger's Fist/Crossing area while NC were @ Two Stone.
    If hitting target almost with every shot in full auto mode at this distance means GK has noticeable COF maybe I have to agree that it has. The problem is I don't see it as well as drop but nevermind. There's no wisible drop at this distance even with 1,5x zoom equipped - no prob, it's OK. Just a perfect balance uknow. Aim directly at target and if it moves then lead slightly. Done, you're good. Enemy retreats and missing trying to hit you.

Looks like I'm talking about Lancer, eh? But for some reason I don't see MBT Vortex or Vortex-H. I'd lovely trade craphelion for that:rolleyes:
  8. Cyrek

Anyone seen the Aphelion in VR? It mows through maxes in seconds, a 450 resource unit dying so fast!
  9. then00b

The current PPA has a smaller magazine, longer reload, lower velocity, and strangely large bloom with or without automatic fire. And it glows like the sun to tell everyone within render distance: 'shoot me, this gun does no AV damage.'
  10. LodeTria

Well if you want to understand how bad the PPA is, just imagine the gatekeeper getting saron levels of CoF after the 3rd or 4th shot.
    Only really good for <25m targets.
  11. Klabauter8

Would be nice if they would actually just a give a sound first. I always get killed by it totally silently and it goes through Valks as if they are butter.
    • Up x 1
  12. SuperTrooperWaterloo

Do you see that? Not a single Swarm-NERF-Thread.
    A better version in accuracy and damage than the first-Striker and not a single nerf thread, while in the old days the forum was filled with NC/VS threads that this thing completly destroys the air game. Well, they got this thing nerfed into to ground and its complete crap sicne then. And now with the Swarm? Silence.

Looks like the Striker was never OP after they fixed the bugged rocket paths. NC and VS just werent used to play against a good perfoming weapon of the TR side thats actually a threat. It was just overused like everything new. The Dev´s misjudgement all of those nerf threads for the striker, lead to an unusable weapon, TR still suffers today from the lack of an ES rocket launcher.

So stop already with starting this nerf **** again after only ONE WEEK passed since the introduction.
    This thing is exactly what an immobile long range tank needs. Constant accurate low dmg with high velocity.

Saron, comets, vortex, LPPA etc... all point&click, so dont even try to make this now as an argument AGAINST TR.
    You can already see how small the gap is between a good and a complete ****** weapon if you look at the gatekeeper and fractures in comparison.

So stop trying to make an overhyped nerf or a nerf in general happen.
  13. then00b

You do know the old Striker was bugged as **** right? No-clipped through terrain, ignored flares and such, and the other lock-ons were basically trash, the g2g launchers were completely useless, plummeting into the ground behind any MBT if they moved at all. the g2a game is still mostly just a deterrence unless the pilot is an idiot or wants to die.
  14. SuperTrooperWaterloo

"the other lock ons were basically trash" lol, and what should TR have said about their long range launcher? or something with reliable hits without lock on for ground? nonexistend.
    it was a trait, like you got one additional with the lancer and NC with the phoenix.
  15. WetPatch

Once it was fixed TR went on another Whinge fest saying they wanted it to Dumb Fire, Then they wanted Coyote, so the Devs gave them what they wanted and now they want Swarm again?

The Gatekeeper is going to get Nerfed, you can ***** about it all you want, we all know its coming. People who tested it (who arnt ECUS) argued it was OP and needed tweaking got ignored. Its all well and good doing testing against high level players who can hit with all weapons, but the GK is a weapon with its skill level in the Basement, which means even your worse player is going to do well with it.
    • Up x 1
  16. SwornJupiter

We have a vulcan now, you know? At close range, Aphelion will tear through anything, really - just as the Vulcan did on the harrasser.
    • Up x 2
  17. SwornJupiter

Thing is, sadly, NC and VS are very content with TR being the punching bag of all servers.
    • Up x 3
  18. SuperTrooperWaterloo

People should keep in mind that now VS with the fastest and most agile tank, and NC with the 1v1 faceroll shield tank, have now weapons with the same close range power as the vulcan, which was a unique trait before for an immobile artillery tank.
  19. WetPatch

Magrider is actually the largest and slowest of all MBT, also the VEX isnt as powerful as the Vulcan. There is no reason to take the VEx over the Saron. The Prowler is KIng of DPS at all ranges with the highest velocity's weapons in the game.
    • Up x 1
  20. SuperTrooperWaterloo

Well, and there was never a reason for me to take the vulcan for a prowler.

Yes the Magrider is the slowest on paper, but ingame i cant remeber the last time i could outrun one. The mechanic doesnt give as much speed reduction as with chains over rough terrain and the Magburn makes it the fastest in general. Not only for short distances.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.