[Vehicle] inb4 Gatekeeper gets nerfed into the ground

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SW0V, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SW0V

As much as it tears me apart to say this, because I main TR, and lets face it, TR doesn't have much going for it ATM.

I think we can all agree that the Gatekeeper needs a nerf in the interest of game balance.

But, I have the utmost confidence that DGC will over nerf it because TR! I'm gonna assume there's going to be a meeting and people will make 3 suggestions.
    1. Nerf the velocity, it's a point and click weapon.
    2. Nerf the CoF, it's too accurate at range.
    3. Nerf the damage. It applies it too readily.
    The Dev team will say "Mmmm, ahuh" and they will do all three nerfs not realising that the effect will be multiplicative and the TR will be left with a vehicle mounted fracture.
    I really hope this doesn't happen. I really, really do. But my gut tells me otherwise.
    • Up x 5
  2. Pelojian

it's because all the VS and NC forumside want is TR as a punching bag and easymode faction to fight against.

after all NC hate fighting VS and everyone hates fighting VS so they both want TR in a poor state so they have an easier farm.
    • Up x 11
  3. AlterEgo

ZOE says hello, despite its speed being the only actual hindrance to the game. I hope the Gatekeeper isn't nerfed, and at the same time, I hope they change the Aphelion; it's a Vulcan with lower fire rate. Therefore, make it launch plasma waves that expand in length over range. That way, it'll be an actually unique weapon, without infringing on what the Vulcan is supposed to do.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

Ah no.............

The weapon is pretty balanced right now.

Stop with the irrational panic, let the "new & shiny" effect wear off.
    • Up x 6
  5. Ballto21

scrin, youre thick. i figured you of all nerds would notice a vehicle weapon imbalance.

to the op, all it needs is the same COF bloom effect as the Saron at range
    • Up x 3
  6. Scr1nRusher

Its not OP.
    • Up x 3
  7. Ballto21

then the Saron is underpowered.

As it is, it has no drop, 0.0 COF, no bloom, 6x the mag size, higher damage (i think after resistances) and is getting a huge velocity buff on pts.

In close range, its on par with a saron/enforcer but can one clip MBTs.
  8. Scr1nRusher

Ballto21...... its not OP.
    • Up x 4
  9. SW0V

I disagree.
  10. LodeTria

It just needs it's velocity toned down to 300m/s, like all the other "long range" weapons.
    Harassers & sundies could use more resistance against it too.
  11. SwornJupiter

And like half the DPS, don't forget
    • Up x 1
  12. SW0V

Again, I disagree. It's far more versatile and allows you to use cover between reloads. The Gatekeeper is inflexible in its damage output.
    • Up x 2
  13. Villanuk

Well before we start nerfing this, shall we deal with the other long standing OP items in the game first and fix the other under performing items as well. Their is a lot to look at and this is way down the list, more as its only been out 2 days !!
    • Up x 1
  14. TheMish

I doubt it will happen, because that idiot Higby is gone.

When he was around, the TR was in a miserable state.

That's why I was happy Buzzcut told him off

And that's why I'm glad he's gone.

I think the TR is going to get buffed from this point. I think the Gatekeeper is safe.
    • Up x 2
  15. tijolo

Currently it's the best long range AV mounted gun. By far. It just lacks the Saron's versatility (dif. ranges anti-ground) but it WILL be nerfed. As will the NC one be buffed.
  16. Peebuddy

I don't know if it actually merits a nerf, you see it everywhere not because it's OP but because it fills a much needed role the Tr didn't have before. Which is long range AV capability.

"But you have the greatest long range weapon of all time Peebuddy, the prowler" you might say

Which I'm not going to lie, it's pretty awesome. But siege mode prowlers are like our old cow we keep going back to for just ONE more bucket of milk. It is also the only weapon in this game you can restrict use of, the Tr are really ****** for instance on Esamir if we dont have the tech plant. We lose our old cow and have nothing really to fall back on, here is where the gatekeeper really comes in, an alternative option.

Honestly I posted a lot on the forums complaining about Tr getting a long range AV secondary when we already had the halbert, that the Vs/Nc gained MORE from this patch with their version of the vulcan. But the gun is really starting to grow on me, it's far more satisfying to "pepper" targets and missed shots aren't as infuriating as with the halbert. Adding a CoF to it or slower velocity and the gun will immediately go the way of the fractures, a lesson DBG should be aware of.

Everything I've been doing with the gatekeeper isn't something I haven't been already doing with my Vs/Nc characters, just my color scheme is different. Honestly I would rather take the slight DPS reduction of the sauron for the ability to mag dump in close range, that aside I think the gatekeeper is a fine addition to the Tr.
    • Up x 5
  17. SwornJupiter

Problem with Higby was that his business got personal. He was too attached to the NC.

"Oh? NC vanguard is underperforming? Let's not address the glaring issues with the vanguard involving its base chassis - let's instead nerf the entirety of the TR's AV options, so that Vanguards will have breathing room in fights..."
    • Up x 2
  18. TheMish

Oddly enough, the NC seem to actually be the most balanced faction.

The problem is the TR has almost no means of handling the NC and VS without overwhelming numbers dedicated to AV or AI.

But whatever, that moron is gone, happier days are coming, I'm sure of it.

I'm hoping the re-release this month will be a knockout, because I really like this game, and the TR is my preferred faction.
  19. Darkraver

Gate keeper is Fine just ast the other 2 its works like the should do IMO .

And if the Tr got a good gate keeper the VS got the sharon the NC have ...... yea nothing thats so good indeed lol
  20. CMDante

The Gatekeeper is being fielded in absolutely ******** numbers right now, which is making it seem ridiculously over-powered since the death readout doesn't tell you that you were in fact being shot by FIVE of them instead of two.

I really, really hope that DBG doesn't nerf this thing into the ground, TR needs help in this department so bad it's a joke, and not a funny one.
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.