[Suggestion] Improve INF combat; remove "Q" Spotting, add more cover.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Germanius_GER, Dec 29, 2012.

1. JOups

well agree all points.
    but before removing Q spotting, make it that you have to cert it, so useable for lights and infis, (or at least sense) and bring a cert that prevent you from getting spotted with Q
  2. UberBonisseur

3D spotting for everyone was a huge mistake.

How many times have I randomly tapped Q in the general direction I was shot from, and spotted a dozen pixel-sized dudes ?
    Not just that, but good luck getting any form of Night gameplay other than people shooting at red triangles.

You want to keep 3D spotting (stuff appearing on your HUD) ? Fine.
    But it doesn't have to be RED, GLOWING, TRACKING triangles
    [IMG]
  3. MasterSith88

The night after they remove q spotting the VS will 3 cont lock. Spotting is the only way I can see them at night.
  4. Fox234

Add a lean key to this so people can lean around cover instead of slide around it and you'll have my vote.
  5. Rockit

I have to ask because I don't know. How many in modern military can light up IZLID for air strikes? From what I have seen only squad commander? If so, I think that is appropriate.

Something likes this?

6. SarahM

While I agree that more cover for infantry would be nice, I'm split on spotting.

Does it even work correctly now?
    Sometimes I look right at someone and can't spot them, sometimes I can spot people I'm not looking at...
    • Up x 1
  7. Rockit

Way too little C&C in this game now. Too many randoms calling out random targets. One reason why fights are too random.
  8. UberBonisseur

I don't see red triangles over insurgent heads

Absolutely not against lazer pointing and aircraft strafe runs, but I'd rather have a "Strike here" marker over a "Free kills here" dorito.
    In the case of PS2, every marker IS a confirmed kill
    • Up x 1
  9. Rockit

I don't disagree and I hope you don't see red doritos. Make your squad commanders earn that pointer.
  10. Rockit

Freedom is earned it is not deserved.
  11. Marsali

First I'd like to point out that tanks are supposed to trample infantry that run out in front of them. My experience has been completely different. In a straight heads up battle the tank has the advantage but only an idiot runs straight at the tank on his own. And only an idiot sends tanks out without infantry to support them. And I'm not just meaning engineers but light and heavy assaults to protect the tanks. Thats right protect the tanks. They are big and bad with a tendancy to smash everything in front of them but they can still be taken out by a squad of infantry working together even with limited cover though that does increase the difficulty. Next time you find yourself fighting tanks without armor support of your own remember misdirection, movement, and sacrifice. If the tank takes out the heavy assault that was harassing him while someone else smashes it with c4 from the opposite direction you win.
  12. Grahf Azura

I don't agree with OP. Your attempting to patch a problem instead of fixing it. The problem is with the map and base designs, not the spotting of infantry by tanks and aircraft.
  13. Helwyr

Yes, there needs to be much more cover, Q spotting needs to be nerfed, IR/Thermal needs to be removed for seeing Infantry, and Vehicle Radar needs to lose it's ability to detect Infantry.
  14. forkyar

no thanks.
  15. Cinc

Limiting this feature to only LA's and infs makes alot of sense. At the very least, it will make both of them much more important, and give them a large role to fill to try and help out. As it stands, there super solo assasins.

While thats good (debatedly), as a LA id prefer it if i had some actully important role other then to blow **** up. While its fun, i'd like a way to actully help out my team in a way that dosent involve a suicide C4 run.
  16. HappyZaps

No. Terrible idea. Q is the equivalent of shouting, "Hey, there's a sniper on the hill at 3 o'clock" or "Perhaps you haven't noticed but there's an enemy Sunderer right over there. Please give it the gift of rockets."
  17. UberBonisseur

"Hey, I saw the pixel of someone shooting me around that place
    And he is a sniper
    And he also has 2 buddies with him
    And now you can see their location below the triangle"

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. Kroktar

remove all camos and you can have your Q.
  19. Germanius_GER

At least most of us can agree on a nerf.

I would give this ability only to a specific class or cert/ equiment.
  20. FoulFoot

Apologies if this was mentioned before. I think the "q" spotting solution is simple: require you to be zoomed in on your sights in order to q-spot. Also, perhaps limit it to classes/vehicles that are using a zoomed scope. As mentioned, the ability to insta-reveal a battlefield's worth of enemies with a sweep of your carbine is ridiculous, and detrimental to the survival of us poor snipers.

Foul