[Suggestion] IMPLANT METAL BONES.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Jun 23, 2017.

1. No0T

Makes head shoots against you half damage... and you hurt somebody by being over them... Pluss they take damage by bumping into you or you bumping into them like half knife svving...

Maxes should have this properties all the time.
  2. UberNoob1337101

Would be absolutely OP and be a must-use for every player for halving head-shot damage, so no.

If I were you, I'd really take some forumsider's advice to go to bed and buy a new keyboard. Posting 6 or so threads in 20 minutes is quite obnoxious, and the thread quality is meme-tier
    • Up x 11
  3. No0T

They can make it 1/3 instead and let people guess if it is still good... the number is not important. Im not talking to people in the forum am I vvith this posts? you think the devs are bother by 9 nevv ideas to consider? you are vvrong.

You keep your advices and give me reasons.
  4. Demigan

Sigh, metal bones is a terrible, terrible idea. Too Heavy for the gains you get.
    You are better off using things like graphene/nanotube layered skull alongside things like specialized ceramics and spidersilk type materials. But why stop at the skull? Make the entire body out of it. You would be able to make people lighter, stronger (reinforced muscles and tendons completely out of the stuff), capable of running indefinitely and make recoil much less effective so players are capable of running&gunning, surviving multiple headshots etc... Hey thats already in the game!
    • Up x 5
  5. No0T

VVOLVERING ? Do you live on earth? EVERYBODY LIKES THE VVOLVERING!!

That's vvhy... but SHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh copy right lavvs aply too!
  6. No0T

Actually head shots should tip your head instead of doing double damage vvhen vvearing helmets. And shoots to the legs should make you slovver for a sec and to the arms should make your aim bad for a vvhile... and to the chest they should stop or even throvv you back in case of shotguns and big rifles. My idea vvouldnt be used by every body but it vvould definitelly not be a ******* smooke tip for the crossbovv or expensive expenditure in FX to get better graphics on a throvving knife nobody uses because of being UNDERPOVVERED.
  7. Demigan

I dare bet even you dont understand what you just said. "Wolvering"?
  8. No0T

hahah is it vvolverine? vvtv is not so important to me to vvrite it vvell if you are here YOU KNOVV VVHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.... hint: X-men
  9. LordKrelas

Depending on the force of the round, it should do a bit more than that.
    As well if it punctures the helmet, it would do a lot more damage than simply hitting the helmet.

While I actually like the concept of accuracy towards different parts being rewarding: The spray & pray tactic benefits most from it.
    Why: As unloading enough rounds, will hit most if not all but the head for the majority of the time leading to a snowball effect.

Aka TR, with VS to a lesser extent easily crippling each other, let alone NC faster, allowing them to further distance themselves from return fire let alone NC's return fire, as accuracy for NC weaponry is incredibly important.

With the sheer volume of Fire advantage, that system would allow NC infantry be overwhelmed , and unable to even match the opponent in any way, unless well outside their firing ranges - Which barely works out.

NC's shotgun maxes certainly wouldn't agree - as they are also RNG in addition to short-range, and receive less support.
    NC heavy weapons are also shotguns, so close-range - and again, less support, as well as the weapon's RNG being even more hell.
    And with everything important ending up in close quarters; NC gets screwed again by lack of fire-rate, and dependent on accuracy to achieve their "higher" base damage per bullet.

Summary;
    Would be interesting, but would **** NC hard.

Also, that poor little energy knife, is always fun to have unless you have only it. Then you are ****** really.
    • Up x 1
  10. Demigan

It is important how you write, because within the context "Wolvering" looked like some wonderous metal with a weird name (Like Wolfram, also a metal better known as Tungsten, which came much closer to being a solution than Wolverine). Also are you really so upset that you used your W key in 2 posts in a row that you had to flood the forum? That's just sad.

You realize that Wolverine's metal is A: fictional and doesn't exist, and B: Makes you a lot heavier? So again it would be far better to use something like Graphene/nanotubes (which is a 3D form of Graphene), because it combines the lightness with the extreme strength you want out of your protection and oh yes it actually exists and we are trying to find ways to mass-produce it. But if you can construct on a nanoscale you can actually create it in just about any shape or form.

Now if there was an actual adamantium in the game... It would be completely and utterly useless. We know that Adamantium is supposedly almost indestructible, but we also know that it's vulnerable to ademantium bullets itself and magnetism. While all the gear from the infantry can easily be made out of different ceramics, plastics, Graphene itself (after all it doesn't break down after repeated hits from enemy fire) and whatever so they they would all be immune to magnets. But one heavy Ademantium head? Give snipers ademantium bullets and that problem is solved, place a few strong magnets around (again with nanoscale build properties you can make superstrong natural magnets) you could even stick people with ademantium heads to the ceiling.
    • Up x 1
  11. FieldMarshall

I know you may not realize this, but im going to be 100% honest with you. Nobody has any idea what you are talking about most of the time because of the way you write.
    • Up x 2
  12. Demigan

When a weapon is fired, the recoil you have on your body is just as large as the energy you put in the bullet. Difference is that the bullets lose some of their energy traveling through the barrel and the air before hitting the target.

If your shotgun has enough power to throw your enemy back, then the recoil would also lift you off the ground and throw you back.
    Headshots overall are mightily overrated. With a big, heavy sniper round it's useful, but overall a headshot against a helmeted guy will result in the reaction "what the hell? Was I hit? What was that?". Because helmets are rounded and hard targets that are likely to bounce the bullet away. What's worse, living bone like that of a skull specifically designed to protect the head is a very very tough, strong and again rounded material that can also deflect bullets, although for modern rifles a helmet is recommended.
    It's the same reason why no animal will go for the head when attacking anything larger than half his own size. They will all go for the neck, because that neck is far less protected. The head contains the brain, but that neck contains the bloodvessels that keep that brain going, the airways that keep your entire body alive and the nerves that control your entire body. Additionally the fact that the neck needs to be nimble and relatively free means there's far less protection you can put on it.
    So unless the bullet is a big one with lots of kinetic energy and it actually gets stuck inside the helmet/head, your head won't be doing much back and forth motion.

Also do you know why policemen get special ammo to shoot the legs? Because someone drunk or on drugs doesn't slow down from pain or a bullet through his leg. And those are unprotected, unarmored legs. Now imagine the PS2 soldiers with their reinforced bodies... They won't be slowing down any time soon.
    • Up x 1
  13. Insignus

Silly, silly Demigan.

In the Grim Dark Future of 3000 years (I think? The lore is sometimes unclear), no one uses expanding bullets.

I mean, clearly, no one has ever encountered such a problem to even necessitate such a thing. And certainly not in the 19th century.

I mean, after all, N00T didn't invent DumDum bullets, so therefore they don't exist, because if they did, he wouldn't have named them DumDum bullets, he'd have named them something homophonically synonymous with DumDum Bullets.

Like NootNoot Rounds, perhaps.

Which will be his newest suggestion in about .... lets call it 4 or 5 weeks?
    • Up x 3
  14. Demigan

Exactly why we dont stumble/slow down when hit in the legs!

:(
    • Up x 3
  15. No0T

ahhahaha vvell slovving dovvn could be good but... about the fictional... have you noticed the darth vather sound in the little vanu punching knife or the PREDATORE CLOACKING DEVICE and that the same sound in predatore movie is in hosin all over... or that the maxes hmp they have so many rip offs from FICTION I cant start anyvvere... Also the metal can be harder and lighter than bones...

Dont make me start about rip offs from fiction on the helmets from galactica star vvars and a million more... hahaha vvass funny to read you man.
  16. No0T

KNo0t bullets (vvhich the second O being sarcastic) VVould be the name(noot knoot cannoot... you get it).
  17. No0T

Hmp copyrights anyone my idea GIVE ME BACK THAT... THANK YOU !! lol :p

the most important vvould be push back at the chest and tilt the screen up vvhen head shot so the enemy has to actually aim again... probably vvould be better to just try to take cover... after getting hit like that...
  18. RockPlanetSide2

Terrible idea aside.

I do think that guns like the blackhand should cause drastic vertical camera shake, if you got hit with a 50cal round in your "future mega helmet"...your head is still going to snap back... would make some bad weapons good.
  19. UberNoob1337101

While I was sleepy, I accidentally read the title as "METAL BONERS". Got confused for a second...
    Please no. Infantry 1v1s would devolve into "who got headshots first wins LUL". Shooting planetmans anywhere is fine as-is, and no more uneccessary complexity is not required. Maybe for special weapons, but otherwise no.
    • Up x 1
  20. No0T

Is not a terrible idea its just an IMPLANT HALF THE VVORLD knovvs and finds nice, they dont even knovv planetside and knovv its an implant and vvhat it does. capisce?

So go try to argue about balancing it and hovv the charasteristics should be for you instead of dismissing the vvinner.

To your second comentary... Exactly my friend... that is correct even COUNTER STRIKE 1 HAD THIS... And everybody agreed it vvas right. still today NOBODY ARGUED ABOUT IT.