I'm sick of Ravens.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lyravega, Nov 30, 2014.

1. TheBlindFreak

Actually yeah, I do agree with you there. They are quite OP at the moment. But I find it hilarious that pounders started as absolute trash. For those who would like the context:

Pretty much every TR and most NC/VS players agreed that it was trash. Then there was a nerf to max AV weapons that gimped their AI effectiveness. This was around the time Fractures were making waves as AI weapons. Nearly every max AV weapon took a hit to AI duties... except the Pounders. The Pounders actually got a buff here of all things.

Honestly, I never see Pounders pulled for actual AV duties (I do it sometimes if I'm playing TR), so I view them as an AI weapon. It's not like they are vastly superior the other TR max AI weapons. I'm sure they'll eventually get brought back into line.

Maybe I should have said Fractures or something.
  2. \m/SLAYER\m/

we discussing future nerf, not current state
  3. KrystOutlander

Ravens are not OP I think what some of you confuse for being OP is the fact that I can reload my guns while I have my shield up. Yes thats right. NC Maxes can Reload while being completely protected from the front against damage. I kill many a stupid aircraft, or lightning tanks this way. Including infantry.

Additionally - I rarely get long range kills with a raven. If you're standing STILL and I've shot 3 2 shot rounds six shots, I can kill you with direct hits. But all the faction guns can do this. I have no zoom, no ability to zero in on you. When I am firing ravens it is fire and pray i hit you because its that difficult to tweak a shot.

nearly all the kills I get are because the idiots DO NOT MOVE. Especially when seeing my twin rockets racing towards them. Tank kills and other vehicle kills? Well if i had straight shot no auto correcting bullets, I'd still get the same kills because I'd compensate for that kind of play style.

I only know of one time in my play history I killed a tank out of line of sight, and thats cause he had JUST gone around a corner and I guessed at the right time to swing my aim left, after him, and shot his mag in the ***, blowing him up.

Infantry kills? If its a long range away, I simply sit there and spam rockets at you to annoy you. I don't believe I can kill you,l but what little splash I can do is just enough to make you not stand still in the open and keep firing at us from your hill top or what ever. Its a Deterrent.

Give me straight shot, faster speed rockets, I'll be happy because I can learn to use that weapon. My kills wont be affected. Take away splash, that's fine, up the speed a little bit. Cause they are slow as a snail. The slowest out of all the factions. You might think you get killed a lot by ravens, most of us are just hunting other enemy maxes or vehicle. Effective against infantry? Only if your right in front of me.

Nerf ravens? why? Mad because you got killed by it? You get killed by **** that shouldn't kill you every day. I got killed from outside render range by the VS AV lancer ****. I don't come to the forums every time that happens. And I was a good 500 meters away. Why? Because its laser straight. Thats just its advantage.
  4. KrystOutlander

And one more thing. None of the Max abilities, or weapons need to be nerfed. They've all developed into their own unique niches. Its what makes them Versatile. Let them stay Versatile. If you have a problem, a pack of C4 of a Liberator or a shot from a MBT or even a decimator, there are so many ways to kill them. Also, don't stand around in the open and then be upset when you get killed. They are ROCKETS. They should hurt. And you can see and hear them coming.
  5. ronjahn

THE NERF GODS DEMAND RETRIBUTION FOR THE PPA.

THE NERF GODS WILL NOT REST UNTIL AN NC AND TR WEAPON ARE MADE USELESS.
    • Up x 1
  6. stalkish

Is it just me or do pounders also completely wipe the floor with sundys?
    I know the falcons do a good job but whenever i use pounders the sundy just dies real real quick, even with engi reps.
  7. zaspacer

I think a good point of the post is his last line:
    "SOE. In the future, when you are thinking of adding new things to the game, try to look at the bigger picture"

SOE has a recurring habit to release OP items and then wait until enough players have them, that they are breaking the game. Then they wait a while longer, and eventually they are nerfed (typically into being terrible). SOE does not try to control the effect of Power Creep within their game, and it leads to a cycle of the game being broken (and for long periods) over and over and over.

I can appreciate that SOE is a business, and releasing OP content motivates players to spend $ in order to be OP using it. But cycling through entire Seasons of OP content just makes for a bad game, and players check out, and the population dwindles, and SOE is left trying to sell OP items to fewer and fewer people. They'd be better off working out a consistent revenue stream, and then making the game good to attract more and more players.
    • Up x 1
  8. phaelah

9. KillSwitchWes

Honestly it's because the Vortex sucks and it seems most VS players would rather use the Comets.

Not saying the Vortex isn't a handy weapon at times or that it can't be really good in the hands of a proficient user but,
    A) Even though it is very easy to hit longer range / moving targets it feels really weak, especially against infantry.
    B) there are a ton of bugs with it like not firing your charged shots sometimes, visual recoil bugs, actual recoil while charging the weapons and a number of others.
    C) It just feels clunky and unpolished.
    D) The 3 tier charge up is unnecessary and doesn't fit / feel good to use. (I think a 2 tier charge-to-fire method would be more fitting)
  10. EazyDuzIt

There should be powerful and feared weapons in the game. They should just cost more resources. Each weapon loadout on a max should cost extra from a base amount. For example; say a max costs 400 resources. If you put duel ravens on the max, it's an extra 200 resources. If you put duel busters on the max, it will be an extra 50 and so forth according to how effective the weapon is based on player's scores who use them regularly. This way, nothing ever needs to necessarily be nerfed again. The developers can just change the cost after they see data which tells them, wow, this group of BR 100 players use the ravens all the time and they're TTK (time to kill) on a Magrider, or Sunderer or Prowler is so low, we need to make it more difficult to obtain.

I remember in PS1 when you heard a Jackhammer being fired around the corner, you crapped your pants and ran. I miss that feeling.

This is the experience that's missing with all the nerfing and balancing.
    • Up x 1
  11. Tito

im sick for pounders