I'm sick of Ravens.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lyravega, Nov 30, 2014.

1. JudgeNu

Yeah they are a bit OP.
    I don't use them much.
    Using something that seems too OP just doesn't fit my style.
    I will use it once in awhile but I don't exploit it.
    If I am getting zerged by magriders or they are surrounding us at every point I may pull them, if it will make a difference.
    But I don't feel the need to raise my KDR with them.
  2. Nody

Actually it's not; the Raven has more VKPH (esp. the left arm).
  3. Chewy102

I'll agree that Ravens are a bit much, but Im going to keep using them over Falcons any day of the week for anything longer than 100M if that and for Sunderer traveling when Im not needed for AA. The smoke trail on Falcons is just so thick it makes it hard to use them for range when you can't see where the shots land. Plus they 100% blow any covered position you could have had for all to clearly see unlike Pounders or Comets. Comets have a small trail to them but they don't have drop to worry about and only need to lead.
  4. Haquim

As much as I hate this weapon and its cheese, I must point out that they definitely can't be fired from behind cover.
    The phoenix (which can) is also a blue screeching rocket but everything else is totally different.
  5. KnightCole

• Up x 2
  6. CMDante

Don't nerf Ravens, they're cool as ****. Buff the other MAX AV weapons so they can compete.
    • Up x 2
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

once HA jumps on you with rocket, you will not be able to kill him with 4-8 hits..
  8. radrussian2

ugh, things need to stop getting nerfed.
  9. Nody

Depends in what you want them to complete; SoE stated AV weapons should perform as Vortexes for AI (All other MAX AV are over performing by said definition) or AV (in which case Fractures and Vortexes need a buff and since people are already claiming Vortexes are OP that could cause a problem).
  10. Dunkarooo

Doesn't it take 2 rockets from HA? You will have a chance to fire 10 rockets(5 from each arm) before the heavy can even get his second rocket ready to fire.

Ravens really shine when being fired from medium to long distance while under cover or protection from teammates. In all other instances it isn't too terrible now that i've thought on it a little.
  11. z1967

Usually the cortex is grouped in with the Lancer as a "weapon I hate but continue to forget the existence of due to the availability of better options for my opponents."

So yes, just as infuriating but the thing I hate about it is the same thing I hate with the Lancer, the mechanics of it.
  12. NoctD

I don't think I've died once to a Lancer/Vortex while flying my ESF. I'm sure some might have fallen, but as far as effectiveness goes, I don't think they're very much good, unless the pilot's really really bad. The Decimator will easily claim far more ESFs, for those that can aim and manage the drop, and there's quite a few HA's that have mastered them.
  13. TheBlindFreak

I'd like to point out that a single dual-Ravens max is not even remotely OP. It's enough to make a tank want to get some cover, but it's not enough to wipe a tank like OP makes it seem.

Ravens have been almost untouched since they were released quite some time ago. They've only seen a nerf. Nothing has changed to make the Ravens OP beside people actually using them in large groups. And let's be honest, almost anything is effective in large groups (anyone remember that player-planned knife-medic-only-zombie event?). The raven nerfmongering is just the recent whine fad.

- Sincerely, someone who has owned and used the Ravens since they were released
    • Up x 1
  14. Pelojian

The more something is used the more effective it becomes because there are more around to support. a raven max can peek-aboo all day while a tank out in the open must have super lightning reflexes and luck to be able to kill that MAX with 2 shots w/o flak and more with where as the tank with no cover is doomed unless the max runs out of ammo.

If you tank for any decent amount of time against NC you'd realize this a single raven max can keep tanks away where pounder and fractures won't, NC now likes to pick on TR all the time because of this imbalance. you have a high damage, crosshair guided missile on a platform that can straft into cover and change directions on a dime.

You can fire your rockets off then quickly take cover next to that barricade right next to you on that tower and do it endless number of times unless you get hit from multiple sources at the same time or the tanker gets very lucky and scores hits on your fast strafing ****.

the overuse of weapons etc are what makes things over powered, look at battle sundies they are the new tank pretender fad 'hehehe i'm a tank with two furies and blockade armor oh look an AP tank lets go kill it lolz and then lets go over there and kill another near-stock/utility sunderer'
  15. \m/SLAYER\m/

rocket hit, and few bullets in the face while you reloading Ravens
  16. TheBlindFreak

As for that last paragraph, I'll just restate what I already said, since it appears you ignored it:

To add to that, should we nerf the Lancer? 5 or 6 of those will f:eek:cking SHRED a tank way faster than Ravens. How about Annihalators? A squad of those nearly instakills libs (which is even more effective than it used to be since Fire Supp is more common than flares nowadays. How about Lashers? Also, that medic-knife thing wasn't a joke. Players who were zombies had to play VS as a medic and only use a knife and med gun.

Next up: POUNDERS! Because f:eek:ck the TR still having a MAX AV weapon that dominates infantry. Would you like that?
  17. Chewy102

What? You can't play peek-a-boo with Ravens and certainly can't fire then get into hard cover.

If you break line of sight even for a moment any and all missiles in the air will miss thanks to how they are guided. Once you get into cover that blocks your LOS the rockets begin to guide to that cover and curve as sharp as they can making it impossible to hit anything. The best a Raven MAX can do it half cover but even that FORCES the Raven MAX to keep at least his head exposed at all times a rocket is in the air or it is a 99% certain miss. Any other AV weapon for MAXes can play peek-a-boo thanks to not being guided, fire and forget. Needing only to be exposed long enough to fire the weapons before dropping back into hard cover safety. No need at all to babysit the rounds in the air other than a players want to see where they land.

No other weapon in the game but AV MANA turrets and the guided Val rockets require the user to be exposed at all times in order to do anything with them. If a Raven MAX is hitting you, you have no excuse to not be able to return fire unless render range is a problem. As that Raven MAX MUST be exposed in some way to deal any damage. Iv taken more than a few tank shells to the face when using Ravens from tankers wanting me dead. And that was just last night.

I do agree that Ravens are a touch strong and they are getting something of a nerf. Don't know what but they are getting one as Iv been told. But please do not make them into a god gun that auto tracks for the player for a 100% hit rate. The player needs to keep LOS at all times, the recoil is more than enough to force a miss at certain ranges, and the DPI on your mouse can even ruin shots. A dirty mouse pad could mess with tracking as well. Ravens are good, not THAT good.
  18. Frostiken

Are you for real? TR start with the best MAX weapon in the game: The ******* Pounders. They're an AV weapon that performs equally as good as AI weapons in an AI role. On top of that, they're still technically an AV weapon, so they blow enemy MAXs to ****. This means that any TR MAX indoors - where there's no long-range vehicles or aircraft - can freely engage every single target with dual Pounders, whereas every other faction needs to either carry an AV weapon alongside the AI weapon to deal with hostile MAX units, or simply chips away at other MAXs with their AI weapons. The TR just completely smokes them.

Oh, and here's how the Pounder stacks up against the Quasar and Scattercannon. Yeah, you show someone who is unfamiliar with the game that chart and they'll think the Pounder is the TR AI MAX weapon.

Somehow they avoided being nerfed, but it's probably because it's TR. I'm honestly surprised they're nerfing the Banshee, but I can guarantee you it won't get the PPA treatment. They'll probably reduce the magazine size by 5 and call it 'fixed'.
  19. Frostiken

You say this like the Pounders shouldn't be nerfed. They should, they're obscenely broken.
  20. Dunkarooo

This doesn't happen when I'm playing as a raven max and I pull them very often. Maybe only bad max users experience this. I'm not trying to be rude but rockets are not even remotely worth thinking about when assessing what is likely to kill you while playing a raven max. If you are being killed by lone Heavy assaults learn how to aim... use your shield... use flak armor.... and play smart. If you do all that and still die verses heavy assaults then I don't know what to tell you.