I'm finding being Light to be hard.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Rager, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Rager

I'm trying to flank, and or use jet pack fully, when flyers everywhere rip me apart. I like the style of LA and got like 1.5k station cash to spend. I mean I get more kills with HA but, LA is more fun.

How do you handle a area with tons of reavers and such?
  2. disky00

You hide. LA just isn't meant to fight them. Ground vehicles, on the other hand, you can destroy pretty easily once you get a couple of C4 bricks, though for 700 certs total it's a big investment.

LA is all about stealth, just be as sneaky as possible.
  3. Krona

LA doesn't become a real class until you spend 700 cert points on C4.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rager

So it's best to play another class when I see a ton of them in the air? That really sucks since everyone is using them for farming.
  5. Krona

HA is the only class that can shoot down planes, it isn't really any different for anyone else.
  6. FieserMoep

Well, I like LA as some kind of shock trooper. I do not play stealthy (well maybe when I approach) but then I go carnage. The mobility is a big boon and especially in indoor facility fights you can either go on top, spraying people down or do the suicide approach. The later is when I get behind or above enemy lines, jump down, throw a nade and in the time left I spray 2-3 enemies down. The nade will kill another 2+. The reason for this? Harass the enemy, break his lines, make him regroup and give your own team the time, the room and the opportunity to advance. This would not bring you a shiny K/D Ratio, mine is just around 1.5, but this will help your team a lot and with just Alpha Boost I make around 150 certs an hour when it is an awesome battle and my position has the upper hand.

You will die a lot, that is for sure, but when I group up with some fellas we literally jump into the hell to turn the tide. The danger of facility fights is that there will establish a frontline between the infantry zergs, even more if there is appropriate cover. (And you are doomed if you loose the possibility to reach a capture point that way) Take your gun, pre-heat your Jump Jets and man up to do the dirty work. Camping on cover is for whimsy heavy assaults. The real assault is done by us and with the sound of our Jets comes the enemies prayer for mercy. It is hard work, yes, but it has to be done by some.
    • Up x 5
  7. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Thats the spirit! I love my LA.........most fun ive had in ages just unlocked my first C4 and 2x jetpack unlocks! And im smashing **** now! There is no other class that gives you that much intense action when there is a massive battle going on in a Biolab!
  8. FieserMoep

Even if righteous hatred might separate our factions, we still feel respect for our brothers and sisters that fight like nobody else ever could. Light Assaults lead the way - through readiness and sacrifice.
    Loyalty beyond death!
    • Up x 2
  9. disky00

It's true, HA fight on the front lines, but, just like the trailer shows, LA gets to places that HA can't, and can do the real game-changing hero stuff. I've single-handedly changed the tide of a battle by jetting up to a CC in a tower and grabbing it out from under their noses in the middle of a firefight. To me, LA, more than any other class, allows you to experience those Planetside moments.
  10. ThoughtfulBee

Rooftops, rooftops, rooftops.

That and high rock croppings on ravines. Just keep going up, but be as unpredictable and sneaky as possible.
    • Up x 3
  11. Witchkrapht

LA is the best, baby! Once you get your C4 and start maxing your Jumpjets....it's game on! Hit the rooftops...launch over rocks! I'm always surprising my enemies!
  12. Schisist

Jet pack up mountains and cliffs and go Sniper hunting while the planes won't notice you if you scale the mountain smartly.

Infiltrators are a Light Assaults food.
  13. Tawkis

I'm slowly getting it... generally the idea for me is to ask myself this:

"What would be the cheapest and most sadistic angle to attack from?"

Then do that... usually with grenades :) I don't have C4 yet... and grenades are fun to watch people run away from the bright red light.
  14. PaintedDeathAW

Its absolutely true about how you can single-handedly turn the tide of a battle. Get up there and start taking out those snipers so the infantry can advance. Get up there and take out those HA's firing rockets down from above so the armor can advance. Unlike most of the LA's, I usually use Drifter Jets almost exclusively. I really only change back to the Jump Jets if I'm fighting for The Crown, or at Amerish (lol). Drifter Jets trade horizontal movement for vertical, so I can traverse across killing fields, and from cover to cover really quickly. All you gotta do is get used to finding just the slightest bit of elevation and using it to your advantage, even just a simple jump will usually suffice. The Drifter Jets really shine though when you are defending a tower. The enemy team took that point way over there and there is a ton of resistance? Just go right over them. You can literally Jet for like a whole minute once you get full specced into Drifter Jets. So yea, get used to moving really, really fast with Drifter Jets.
  15. Qauron

I really barely ever get attacked by ESF when I'm a LA on rooftops, however when I use a ESF I kill quite a few LA jumping around rooftops.
  16. Scurge

I got my C4's and I think its funny as hell when tanks run from me shooting everything they got. If you can just fly over, drop your C4's on top and spam your detonator. 9 of 10 time's this wont kill a tank (top side) but it will only have 5%ish health left so if the fire dont kill it a grenade might. And yeah be ready to kill the driver if he bails. Now you manage to get both C4's on the rear or on the ground as it drives by BOOM BABY!
  17. Aleksandrgrc

i have shot down planes as a light assault. with my carbine, a pistol and yes once with c4. although all the first two where really hurt. the third not paying attention.
  18. Aleksandrgrc

also, thorw c4 on the back of a tank and the next rocket that hits it will damage the tank, then detonate your c4. you usually get the kill.
  19. Ghoest

Learn to play heavy assault first then start using light.

Its really easy to over use the jets and expose your self needlessly if you dont have an intuitive understanding of what the ground troops are doing.

Also LA is a situational class. Sometimes it lets you do great thing - in other scenarios its a terrible option.
  20. FieserMoep

Well, I do not think it is "that" situational. I only play LA and there is always something to do if you think outside the infantry box. It might not be the perfect situation but that is the job of the player to pick his battles and actions wisely. You cant do everything, no class can do that, but your mobility allows you to be where you are needed. For example lots of people say LA is useless in indoor facility fight. - Hell no it it is not!

Use your JJs to bring yourself in the perfect position for devastating grenades. Jump on platforms your teammates can not reach and disturb the defender. Yes, you will die very often. But who cares? You are harassing the enemy, disturbing him at everything he does. You make him look into the skies, you stress him, you make him to split his attention. There are so many dependable spots where a Squad only has to cover one direction. Pretty easy. But with LAs we bring another dimension.