If PS2 became fee based would you pay?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talc, Oct 18, 2013.

1. WyrdHarper

I've happily put money into this game, but I'd need to see more development and community interaction (actual things like announcements instead of tweets) before I'd consider paying for it as fee-based. Once the optimization phase is over and we start getting content again, I'll likely end up subscribing, though. I want to support this game, but I want to feel that I'm getting something reasonable out of it. Been waiting for basic balance passes and QOL adjustments (like flak negating direct damage) for way too long at this point.
  2. Chowley

Not a hope in hell, this is a skeleton of a game.
    • Up x 1
  3. Gavyne

It's too late for that, I've already spent too much money into this game. They can't and won't change away from F2P model now. Not to mention SOE changed all their game offerings to F2P in the recent years, and all future games are likely to be using the same F2P model. Expect SOE = F2P for quite a long time.
    • Up x 1
  4. Targanwolf

5. Chipay

6. Halo572

It should have been a premium title from the start, not some ham fisted, no game after 12 months of being released no game.

And they only went an extended the horror of the WDS by another week. OMFG.

As it is, free is too much to ask and I would have to question being paid to endure it, I would need the funds in either Paypal or Amazon vouchers and the hourly rate would have to be damn good to even install it.
  7. Earthman

I'd pay if it meant stronger GM presence against cheaters/scripters.

At the least, the very requirement of having a paying account would limit access to endless alt accounts by these script kiddies.
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

i never played fee-based games, and even though i love PS2 it wont be an exception. that said, i have dumped more than enough money into this game already

agreed. i have preordered the game. cant wait to play it! naturally, my PS2 playtime will be involuntarily put on the backburner from then on
  9. Goretzu

Unfortunately that is basically the F2P model, and astoundingly PS2 is one of the best F2P models around (EA's F2P literally makes you want to "moo" :eek: ).

My only hope is that the subscription model will come back when enough F2P games (that should have had subscription models) do badly financially.
    • Up x 1
  10. IPLAYTF2

game isn't popular enough for me to pay monthly. when i can only find decent infantry fights for like 8 hours out of 24 the rest is a ghost town
  11. Kaktwox

No, just like I canceled my membership I would have canceled my subscription long ago. I've invested way too much money into this game already and will not be giving SOE any more money.
  12. FocusLight

Yes. I pay a monthly fee for EVE, a game I hardly ever play, just to keep up with skills. Why not pay for PS2, a game I do play lots?
  13. nitram1000

I already do pay, have since launch. That is going to stop though if they don't sort out this ******* harasser.
  14. Amarsir

I know you're just making conversation, but even if every person reading this thread said "yes" it would still be a bad idea:

1) Of those who would subscribe, how many would have done so sight-unseen if they hadn't been lured in by the F2P offer in the first place?
    2) If the number of players went down, you lose critical mass and it becomes a much emptier game.

So whether I would find it worth subscribing or not is irrelevant because I don't want to be in the game that would result from a subscription-only model.
  15. RobotNinja

It's nothing more than a hypothetical because SOE could not in reality release a F2P game, wait for people to spend hundreds, thousands, etc. dollars on it and then tell everyone, "Okay. Now you have to give us money if you want to play."

They're marketing department might not be the greatest but they're not that dumb.
    • Up x 1
  16. DK22

I already paid, $50
    another monthly bill isn't in my budget.
    so NO.
  17. Phazaar

I would instantly re-subscribe. Everything gets better with a monthly fee.
  18. IamDH

It truly is as deep as a puddle but its a lot more fun than planetside tbh. Your tank won't explode when you hit a rock, lots of bugs ect

I don't always look at games and wonder how shallow they are. I ask myself if its fun or not
  19. Vashyo

at it's current state? Never, too repetitive gameplay

after 6-8 years of new content, maybe...depends really how much they've changed the game
  20. CL4p2p

Since there is bugs and physics sh*t (and mostly bad optimization) deffinitelly no

If everything were fine, well maybe.