If PS2 became fee based would you pay?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talc, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Talc

As the title asks, if SOE changed the game's finance model IE Subscription game, would you pay?

Personally I would... (OK it depends up on how much)
  2. MuchachoBob

If that meant a (mostly) bug-free game, sure.

If I still become a ghost after pressing the redeploy button, then heck no.
    • Up x 2
  3. PapaMojo

In theory, yes....depending on : cost, frequency of updates, bug fixes, new content, etc.

Based on what SoE has delivered thusfar? Prolly not.
  4. Dingus148

Providing it was reasonable and they ditched a lot of the F2P grind? Provided they fixed the balance of the game? Hell yeah. Only reason I dropped my sub (and now only play occasionally) is because I don't feel SOE deserves my money. PS2 seems like it's trying to milk me...if they stop with that milking business model, enough faith may be restored for me to start paying again
    • Up x 2
  5. Aegie

No- and I have been a big supporter since Beta and have already spent more money on the game than any AAA title.

Why? All the terrible decisions made and that continue to be made- the examples are so many it would be a chore to list them. I may put more money into the game at some point but not unless I see what I consider to be a near about face in terms of the direction of the game.

Balance issues since release (that is about a year now), bugs, changes to cosmetic items, not asking for or listening to player feedback over various things both game play and non-game play related.

Let alone that they seem to be struggling with the populations they need to really make the game shine even without charging a dime to try it.

Just a laundry list of reasons.

In fact, about the only "pro" I see for charging for the game would be a decrease in hackers- something I have encountered but have never considered nearly as large a problem as things directly under the control of the developers (like balance and treating your loyal player base with respect- free pixel decals is not respect and IMO is actually a bit of a slap in the face considering the state of the game, like hey this is garbage and we've been ignoring a lot of you for a long time but look a free decal that will not even show underneath the other cosmetics you paid for to help support the game).
    • Up x 2
  6. Mastachief

In it's current state, pace of development and lack of commitment to features and redesign to make it a solid game. I am struggling to justify renewing my subscription as it is.

OMFG optimisation or not there is no reason to have not addressed

Striker
    Vulcan
    Fracture
    Zoe

Alt tab crash to desktop

Log out crash

Explosions going through shields... again.

ESF balance

TANK balance

This game angers the people that play it who aren't TR. These are the reasons for the TR overpop and WDS domination.
    • Up x 3
  7. IamDH

No. Its a good game but not good enough for me to spend on

Flame me all you want. I like the 100player battles but when theres so much problems in the game i'd rather go to CoD (thats if i were to spend)
    • Up x 1
  8. Aegie

:eek:
  9. Pikachu

10. IamDH

CoD, Battlefield and Crysis are good games that provide me with constant fun and entertainment. This is the reason why they are so successful. They revolve around the players experience and visualize on how to improve it

People's main hate for CoD is the l33t 360n0sc0p3rz which (i find) is very far off the gameplay and is very avoidable
    • Up x 1
  11. Ganelon

What the everloving **** am I reading.
    • Up x 1
  12. Hypersot

No. I like the freedom I currently have that I can pay as much as I want whenever I want (or whenever I am able to), even if that leads -sometimes- to pay more money than if I was on a subscription plan

Also, do not forget that by being in control of your payments, in a way, you show the developer company how you feel about them ... I consider this important
    • Up x 1
  13. Eclipson

In the games current state? No. If SOE gets it together after this optimization patch, then maybe. But if they started the fees today with the game in its current state I would move on to battlefeild 4.
    • Up x 2
  14. CrashB111

In its present state?

Battlefield 4 is the end of the month and would offer me mostly the same thing with no sub.
  15. ArmedGoose

Hell no.
    I already paid them a lot more than for any other game beta I've ever purchased...
  16. AzureKnight

As the game stands, no. Also I wouldn't really want to pay for a game that has no story objectives in it and lore doesn't mean story...

So... I'd probably leave if there was a fee that was anything over a few dollars a month
  17. Sen7rygun

I'm already a subscriber, the devs put in an enormous amount of effort into keeping in touch with the community and listening to our feedback. Thats a yes from me. The amount of leeches who play this game and continuously b*tch about things they want fixed and how its not up to their standards sickens me. If I had my way you wouldn't even be allowed to post on these forums unless your account was verified as having spent as least $50 on the game.
  18. Aegie

I knew someone would bring a flame- so predictable.

They need a :eek: that looks a little more sarcastic.
  19. OddChelsea

HELL NO! This game is fine as a free to play with depot items but it is nowhere even remotely close to being something worth paying monthly for. It's quite buggy, it would lose players and players are the content and speaking of content it has been getting none (of any real substance) to make room for optimizations that are quite late. If they added a monthly sub I would be gone so fast I'd break the sound barrier.
    Wow, is it cold up there on your high horse? I have spent a lot of money on this game however I am not a subscriber. How the **** do you know who is a "leecher" and where do you get off calling players that when the players ARE the content of this game? Without the "leechers" this game would be dead.
    • Up x 7
  20. TyranEndlos

I love this game, but if they made it fee based I know for sure I wouldn't pay. There's just too much to overlook for something that I would actively have to pay for every month. If they really fix everything up and make it worthwhile though then I might be interested.
    • Up x 2