[Idea] More Warpgate Immersion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NaySayer, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marinealver

You mean something like this?
    [IMG]
    Or how about this for warpgate immersion
    [IMG]
    They are called sanctuaries and they are a server wide gathering point for your entire faction. Most famous for this
    [IMG]

However they were off limits from the enemy, but I have a feeling about if say an empire gets "gated" the sanc can be invaded. However the concept of the sanc should be changed into a massive city each with their own faction identity. Just like this concept art.
    [IMG]
    So bring back the HART shuttle, get rid of these 1 empire per warpgate, add more continents with 4 or 5 warpgates that need to be captures. And put these capitial continent sized cities as an empire's base on the server. There you can put your little safe buble and instead of a city getting captured it just gets drained to neutral and can only be captured by the original faction. Besides can you imagine yourself fighting in a vanguard factory somewhere in the middle of the last picture. I can;)
    • Up x 7
  2. TheDjLomo

Yes for the NC we could have prepare to get liberated!
    TR = Get ready to die!
    VS = Prepare you anus :D .... your technology is no match for ours
    • Up x 1
  3. Nobalification

TR = Get ready to kick some blue as*
    VS = Get ready to help TR to kick some blue as*
    NC = Get ready to cry!
    • Up x 3
  4. -Synapse-

I can see how SOE could massively screw this up. Imagine a huge screen with the cash shop sales on it, or a big ol' leaderboard. These things would not add to immersion, they'd take you out of they experience. If screens and whatnot are to be added they must be done right. Like others have mentioned, faction-specific propaganda, alert call outs, objectives, in-world news, and even in-character advertisements for cosmetics and weapons (not like Nanite Ned, a bit more serious than that) would add a lot to this immersion-starved game.
    • Up x 9
  5. NaySayer

Yep. More immersion is what will make this game more fun and enjoyable and what will increase the amount of players. Just adding more ways of spending money is boring and just blah. I'm not saying to stop adding more pay-for-items, just prioritize the game development better. Making the game more playable and fun > pay-for-items.
    • Up x 2
  6. SgtBreastroker

I'd like if warp gates weren't entire NS facilities. Nothing feels special about the warpgate. If they made the buildings more in tune with the different factions it would be much more enjoyable.
    • Up x 9
  7. Marinealver

If these screens could say add in some advertisements to screens that could help with funding and make more money for development.
    • Up x 2
  8. KeyCee

The screens could show news from Auraxis (taken from a library which is extended) for example for the TR they could show that there was a terror act in the capital or a big car crash. Also they could show news based on the actual situation on the three continents.

As a speech for the TR an example could be this here
    • Up x 3
  9. -Synapse-

Bumpasaurus Rex.
    • Up x 1
  10. NaySayer

Gonna bumpizzle up in this threadizzle.
    • Up x 1
  11. TothAval

bumpbabarabbab bumpbabarabbab (imagine some march music here :) )
    • Up x 2
  12. NaySayer

Combobreaker bump!
  13. Steveru

*boop*
    "Owner of the Blue Harasser, please remove your vehicle from the tow-away zone"
    *boop*
    • Up x 8
  14. BigIronRanger

Nah Big Iron by Marty Robbins

15. NaySayer

16. FIN Faravid

Awesome idea, me WANT!!!
  17. NaySayer

It'd be cool to hear npcs talking about auraxis and its many mysteries.
  18. bodmans

this is great, but what will players think about for instance ''reinforcement galaxies'' when we have NANITES, same with idle vehicle models representing something like that

further more, this must be done
    • Up x 4
  19. Wariamu

Ok IDK if you're being a troll here or not.

AAAND .. I don't like this idea. I think it would get annoying as hell to have fookin propaganda speakers saying stuff I couldn't care less about all the time. And I'd feel even more like being a **** since I'm TR.

And TVs?? This is supposed to be a battlefield.. It sounds ;pretty ridiculous to have TVs there.
  20. Staticsilver

Bodmans In reply to you, the tank could be a new experimental model about to make its front line debut and getting its last tune up, thus SOE could have static models to show off new Guns on vehicles, and show off cosmetics and camos, or you could have the tanks representing another platoon about to roll out

Another reason for the galaxies is that they are fresh troops coming in to be registered at the warpgate in the revive sytem for a first time, oh man that would be so cool, you join the game and you log in with like 3 or 4 other players who are also new for the 1st time and you see the interior of a galaxy and the back door is like open, your flying in over terrain and come down to land on a pad and step off into the busiest warpgate and see all thease players husling around, like stepping off a helicoper into a busy base
    • Up x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.