[Idea] More Warpgate Immersion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NaySayer, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaySayer

Hey all. I was thinking that it would be great if the warpgates were more immersive. Here's a few ideas I have:

-PA speakers in the warpgates that have war propaganda ads (different voice and objective for each faction)

-Alert system incorporated into the warpgates, not just sound coming to you directly. A siren and lights and an announcement about the alert that plays in the warpgates through the PA speakers placed throughout the warpgates.

-TV screens showing random news about Auraxis

-When close to being continent locked, the commander of the opposing faction talks through their victim's warpgate's PA speakers, says a threat (lore appropriate for each faction)

This is just a few, please share what kinds of immersion you'd like to be added!!
    • Up x 242
  2. KeyCee

would be very nice for the atmosphere :)
    • Up x 23
  3. NaySayer

I agree, the game feels pretty generic and bland to me atm. Liven up the warpgates!!!
    • Up x 23
  4. KeyCee

also a few more buildings in it would be nice that symbolice barracks or storage buildings (woulnd't be that difficult as there are enough building models already in the game), or even some vehicles that just stand around (only the models, not usable) as the warpgate is a deployment zone (also they symbolice the stock of vehicles from where the player is ordering his ones).

So a parking place at one free corner of the WG would be nice to see :)
    • Up x 14
  5. Airazor

NPC's that work at Warp Gate.
    Yeah, have some NPC's looking busy at the Warp Gate, and having conversations about the stats of the game that change with every patch. Have some NPC punching buttons at the terminals. Also have a few Warp Gate mechanics "working" on busted NPC tank, lib, galaxy, flash, harasser models. And make the mechanic say goofy funny things while hes working on the said vehicle. The Warp Gate workers should work with urgency and say things to them selves while they "work" on things. Comedic, urgent and sometimes serious conversations. Lore friendly but fun at the same time.

Also to avoid same chatter over and over, have the NPC Warp Gate workers have like 10-20 lines each they say. Or 10-20 different conversations with each other fellow NPC's. Think Mass Effect citadel. Change with every patch.

PS: If you could put the sound of a "Yeti" into a mountain top my Aurora Materials on Esamir, you can do this. Also who knows, maybe Planetside 2 can come up with some funny Warp Gate catch fraze that get big in gaming culture. Example, Star Crafts Zerg or Zerging, or Skyrims "I used to be an adventurer until I took and arrow to the knee!"

Warp Gate TV's
    Make the Warp Gate social. It's 2013, we should have game patch notes on TV terminals in the warp gate. OR better yet, interviews that Maggie took with the devs or Planetside 2 Command Center videos that keep looping. Also having an option to turn on or off video or audio so you don't get annoyed by it.

Also Hour by hour OUTFIT leader boards. Showing what Outfits are doing the most base capping, most kills, deaths and so on.

Another good thing is to display when the next Station Cash sale will be or "Summer Sale" event on a TV

Seasonal Decorations
    Nothing makes players feel festive and good (at least for me) when they log into a game they put many hours in and there is Christmas Decorations all over the place (Warp Gate/Amp stations/Bio labs) Perhaps some light Christmas music to lighten the mood. Halloween Decor could be awesome too!, Thanks Giving, you name it!

Also having some sort of future spin of the holidays would be awesome and thoughtful. I can't imagine the VS Lore having Christmas HOWEVER, the players behind the VS are into it....(food for thought).

Also note: May offend some players who do not like said holidays.....(I'm agnostic, and I still love Christmas time!)
    • Up x 72
  6. NaySayer

AWESOME!
    Here us SOE!!!
    • Up x 8
  7. NaySayer

Definitely, I don't get why there is 1 structure being used in the humongous warpgate, and it's a pretty small structure considering its significance and player traffic.
    • Up x 5
  8. RIctavius

bump this
    • Up x 4
  9. Bindlestiff

Lots of really good ideas here. I especially like the social TV side of things. Not sure where this ranks in the order of things needing to be done, but it really would liven up the Warpgates so that they are truly bustling hubs.

Now, if they can take it a step further and incorporate forumside directly into the game... oh wait, please for the love of all things humane don't EVER do that!
    • Up x 8
  10. GeneralPeragorn

Love this Idea, make something to listen to while forming a platoon in the warpgate! However, the seasonal themes I think will make it too cheesy.

I think everyone likes Christmas :L
    • Up x 4
  11. RIctavius

Fallout music , jazz for T.R . Redneckism for N.C , and of course udtisk udtisk udtisk udtisk udtisk *strobe lights* for the VANU
    • Up x 14
  12. phantomdestiny

we definitely need the warpgates to feel more "alive" or else new players will not understand the lore of the game . How about having having command center in the back of the warpgate where outfit leaders/tacticians can meet ?
    • Up x 9
  13. AntonioAJC

Would be nice to hear Blue Moon in the warp gate :p
    • Up x 2
  14. XMatrix5X

I was about to say "Constant music", but then I remembered that players are radios.
    • Up x 5
  15. NaySayer

Great ideas!!
    • Up x 1
  16. Ctrl Alt Phreak

Sounds cool. I like the idea of being close to loosing an alert and having the PA and the TV screens hacked by the winning empire. I can picture standing in the VS warpgate and seeing the screens go fuzzy then a TR or NC emblem appears on the screens followed by a demoralizing message from their command.
    • Up x 18
  17. NaySayer

You nailed it! It would be epic!
    It would bring a huge sense of urgency to players in the warpgate.
    • Up x 11
  18. -Synapse-

Yes! This is exactly what the game needs. It feels way too arcadey ATM, what with all the hockey masks and MLG decals....
    • Up x 12
  19. KeyCee

Well speakers shouldn't only play speeches they could also send some regular calls like " Mechanics required at the landing pads" or " Captain XXX ( just fantasy names here taken from a variety of ~50 names?) to the command central please".

Also every warpgate has one side facing to the map border with a small space between the shield and the border (I think enemy has pain field there). On this area landing pads, barracks and parking boxes for vehicles could be placed (only for cosmetic and atmosphere reasons). Sometimes scripted Galaxys fly from the border to this area, land on the landing pads for a few minutes and then fly away again across the border ( also only atmosphere reasons, they can't be destroyed or else).

This would symbolize the reinforcements coming to the continent.

If the enemy is near the warpgate (only one territory is between your warpgate and the enemies territory) sirens start at the warpgate so that everyone knows that his faction is in trouble.

Also please make the main roads paved with maybe sometimes small control posts (like duty stations), only a few barricades and a small building or so.
    • Up x 18
  20. TwyceTakk

It'd be nice to see Npc soldiers at the warpgates. Enemy players can't enter them anyway, so its no harm to have them inside the warpgates. Have all sorts, infiltrators and what not all over the warpgate. That'd be cool.

If anyone has ever played Earth and Beyond (it shut down ages ago) it had propoganda like this. Radios and stuff quoting the commanders. All sorts of stuff. It'd be nice to have that in this game as well. I'd love it!

I very much like this idea.
    • Up x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.