[BUG] I quit. GG.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bull Dog, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Bull Dog

This last patch has completely and permanently destroyed my desire to play the game. The dev team should be ashamed for having taken such a broken and buggy patch live.

Kill messages in chat are broken.

Missile lock-on warning sounds and messages fail to play. Nothing quite like getting insta-gibbed without warning. Worse are outfits who are intentionally taking advantage of this bug and exploiting it for all it is worth.

Magriders used to be fun. Now they posses less armor, do less damage, and are less maneuverable than other MBTs. In short, they are now trash and have no redeeming features.

The new hud design is terrible. Outfit tags obfuscate player names in the kill scroll. The coloring scheme before was clean and made intuitive sense. Enemies were always Red. Friendlies on a point made it turn green. Enemies on a point made it turn a faction color. Now it is so broken I don't even know where to start.

The rendering issues isn't really any better than it used to be. Infantry at long range can sill operate against vehicles with impunity. Burster MAXes are still so disgustingly overpowered that it isn't even funny.

GG. I'm out...for good.
    • Up x 9
  2. RF404

Farewell
    • Up x 3
  3. Compass

Magrider armor was not changed.
  4. Bindlestiff

It is still a blast to play as infantry. Perhaps thats why I'm not feeling the rage as much as some people?
    • Up x 1
  5. TintaBux

That's a load of bull, mag is still the best MBT, stop talking bull and whining.
  6. CoffeeBreak

I guess online computer games aren't your thing...

It's the same with every mmo(actually every computer program that gets constant updates). Fix one thing and break another. The current issues will be fixed and new ones will be created, it's just how it goes.

Same with balance changes. One thing will be "balanced" and different things will become unbalanced, a new "flavor of the month" will rise. Some will learn to adapt, others(people like you) will cry on the forums then it too will be destroyed.

Only one problem with this game(other than actual bugs) and that is too many people prone to whining rather than adapting and SOE willing to adjust the game based on whining.
  7. Gustavo M

You can always customize the enemy/friendly colors, you know.
    This Is clearly a topic about someone mindless raging and bashing everything.
  8. MarlboroMan-E

Bye. No loss to the community.
  9. JackD

If you do not have the FPS drop and stuttering it probably is. I give them 1-2 weeks to sort this mess out, if they fail i move on and look for a way to get my money back.
  10. Trinith

Well that explains a lot!

Anyway, such is the nature of the software business, unfortunately. The software complexity vs. manpower relationship is an ugly beast. For myself, I'm content to remain patient... I'll support the game with SC purchases but will avoid a subscription fee until we're a bit more stable, but I'm happy to wait because at it's core, this is a fantastic game.

Good luck! :)
    • Up x 2
  11. Veri

The lock on issue is being exploited at the moment for more ESF lose and more rage but I it is a temporary issue.

Still adjusting to the new faction dorito coloring.
    I have changed the colors a bit which has helped me.

Nothing which will stop me from playing the game.

All these bugs have done is make me try out other options in game which I had been wanting to try out properly.
  12. 4GibMe

Isn't this it's self a form of whining?????

Like thousands of players before him, he has hit his breaking point and he's gone. Everyone attacking someone who is not there, just to buff their egos, is kinda low life.
    • Up x 1
  13. Cevera

Agreed on that.
    Lock-on spam was already a problem before the patch, but now its ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  14. Thorindar

Shhhh...... don't be bringing up "facts" in this forum, you know better
  15. Notyoz Tacoz

Hey Bull Dog, why don't you just try and take a week or 2 away from the game first. I had to do that back around the begining of January. This is a type of game where it's easy to get burnout then add a buggy/glitchy patch on top of it and yeah, it'll put you in the mood to RAGE quit!

I know I will probably be taking maybe a week away after last nights fail with all the bugs and such. Just can't believe we're back to Ammo packs not working again and problems with healing and repairing! :rolleyes:
  16. OneRedBlock

TLDR, a Vanu is mad because some of his stuff isn't as OP as it was before.
  17. square

I find it amusing that performance increases were advertised for this patch, yet they actually decreased performance for a large number of players

I guess there's only so much you can test on empty servers
  18. Vertabrae

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Yautja

Can I have your certs/SC?
  20. Zhorg

Good, one less vehicle spammer (who doesn't even seem to play any infantry) in game. I like this - keep 'em coming guys!