I never get out of a vehicle, and it sucks:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Defektive, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Defektive

Firstly, I love this game. I've sunk 55$ into it so far and I enjoy it a ton.

I'm BR 36 currently and I've sunk most of my certs into my Mosquito / Prowler (and a few into HA).

When I cert farm all I do is rotate my Prowler / Mosquito CD's so I can average a 5+/1 CD.
    I sit around and farm unsuspecting infantry since there are just a few places for them to hide from me.

IMO: This is a huge issue, I know I'm not the only one performing these feats.

Suggestion:
    Tanks need to be reverted to PS1 style, with longer CD's across the board.
    Galaxies need to just be... better. I rarely see gal drops anymore and these things used to be THE status symbol of organized outfits.
    Bases or the next few conts should be more focused on Infantry combat.

IDK, just my opinion - please express yours if you agree/disagree.
    • Up x 2
  2. PersonalRiot

Infantry combat is pretty much dead, and only kept barely alive by those who don't know better.
    • Up x 1
  3. LT_Latency

It's fine, I like infantry combat and thing vehicle combat is boring.

You learn where you need to go.

example
    I will always go to bio labs first cause vehicles can't even get inside.
    Tech plants are pretty much the same thing you can always find battles where it's difficult for tanks to get to.

Yeah, you can get a better KDR, sitting in a tank all day camping spawns at weak bases that are not defended well.....but if you care more about KDR then having fun. That is your problem not the games IMO
    • Up x 3
  4. DJPenguin

as a lib pilot using the zepher, my friends and i have made this our new cert farming machine. it's a lot of fun getting all those certs on 2x weekend (and not a lot of fun for our victims) but in reality we get way more epic infantry combat moments. But the sheer amount of vehicles currently out there can sometimes suck the fun out of it. maybe it's because the game is still new and not a lot of people have AV rocket launchers or dual AV MAX weapons, but still, i feel so naked without a lot of those guys around.
    • Up x 1
  5. Xizwhoa

Pretty much what he said. ^
  6. Gavyne

I have plenty of infantry combat, infantry combat still makes up at least 85% of my gameplay. And if I'm bumping into infantry fights, I know others are too since I wouldn't be having those fights if others aren't playing infantry. This problem is exaggerated, because you choose to play this way. Yes, you have the choice, and you choose to sit in a vehicle and farm. If that's what is fun for you, or if you are a min/maxer and want the most exp per hour you could get, sure go ahead and farm away. But you don't have to do it, and if you don't like it, then guess what? STOP sitting in the vehicles.

I do find it quite funny the people complaining about how boring it is to be in vehicles all the time are the people who choose to play the game this way. While others may not enjoy vehicles as much so they're more on the ground, and their complaints are about vehicles owning them. People only talk about things as per their experience, and everybody's experiences are different based on how they choose to play this game.

I personally find it a good thing people get to choose how they want to play. This game is not forcing anybody to play inside a tank, this game isn't forcing you to be inside an aircraft, this game definitely isn't forcing you to be on foot. It lets you choose, and honestly I see more infantry than I see vehicles in each given battle. So I really don't know what the problem is. Yes, people tend to be inside vehicles while getting from point A to point B. But often before they hit point B, they are bombarded and many vehicles are destroyed, while rest are left to duking each other out at point B. The way facilities and many bases & landscape are designed, you almost have to play infantry if you wish to contribute to the capture of certain facilities. If you are one of those people that sits in the tank outside a shield just farming dumb newbies that run out of the protection, then that's how you choose to play the game, the game didn't make you sit there. You could've gotten out and helped with the infantry push inside a tech plant, bio labs, or the crown as examples.
    • Up x 1
  7. Brickwalker

thats all I do is infantry battle...every day I play.I RARELY get into a vehicle,when I need to travel I just redeploy or if I MUST use a vehicle I'll take a Flash or the RARE Scythe since its fast to the action

not sure what you people are talking about.
  8. {joer

I could fly my esf all day and complain the only game is dog fighting and rocket spamming newbies.

My game is mostly infantry fighting, because I mostly fight infantry.
  9. ghnurbles

I agree that rotation such as described in the OP is a problem, those who use multiple resource types have a higher rate of power than those who use a single resource type. If you rotate between a MBT and a Lightning you'll be constrained by your Mechanised income, but if you rotate between Mechanised and Aerospace units your income is essentially doubled.
  10. Forumguy2

I have 3-1 kd ratio atm doin g almost entirely infantry, i might be able to increase that kd in a vehicle, but from my expirence a well weathered infantry like me makes a whole heck of a lot of certs from infantry fighting, plus im already almost done with my second 100 cert medal for a rifle.

If you are good at infantry, at killing, then its far more efficant than the best tanker when it comes to farming, during this double xp i have earned 3.5k certs, 95% in infantry mode, about 1 kill per 4 seconds and a solid group of medics and ammo dropers

Also, im good at getting the headshots, i aim for the head, gets me whats almost the equvalent of 2 kills in one xp wise

Additionally, infantry can get objectives, thats the equivalent to 1.5 kills
  11. forkyar

everthing is good.
  12. SenEvason

99% of the time I'm playing infantry and don't have any problems finding infantry battles. I do have problems finding vehicles to test my new C4 on though.
  13. Madmojo

It's not the galaxy it is the bases. Hot drop on a Bio Lab? Again the problem is the bases not tanks or aircraft. In PS1 the spawn rooms were safe from vehicles.
  14. Hoki

In PS1 there were places that only infantry could get to and there aren't a lot of those places in PS2, and those places aren't important.
  15. Forumguy2

Galaxies woulda been 1 million times cooler if they let u actually see first person view of the passenger area, i.e i can see where im sitting and look around at eveyone else, or maybe look out the window
  16. Spiffmeister

Agreed, being able to cert into cool downs is kind of useful, but generally you can just run away and repair your vehicle so by the time its dead, you've ready to pull up a new one anyway. Increase CD's or increase resource cost/slow resource generation. You should get punished heavily for losing that tank.
  17. iamrob7

Infantry combat is the only reason I play this game, I realise I could get a much better load of certs/experience and k/d by using vehicles all the time, I just find it a bit dull. So I play as an infiltrator 95% of the time on the ground, using vehicles only for transport. Still have a k/d of 3-6 depending on the session, I kinda feel sad for those guys flying around rocket podding constantly. I appreciate they are getting a lot of certs/kills doing it, but my god it is dull.
  18. Nyscha

I usually switch between heavy assault/max/sniper and engineer but when there is a base which is a pain to capture I switch to my Mosquito and saturate the place with missiles until they all die.

I don't care about the hate we get for using missiles, AIR SUPERIORITY has won EVERY modern war in real life.

And it does so in games as well.
  19. Badname2059

Yeah, it is a bit of a predicament.

On Jaeger, the Vanu own Esamir 24/7.

Pick up a magrider, and pop the enemy NC tanks as they leave the warpgate. When there aren't any, there are some engies alway trying to repair the guns, so pop them instead. I got 122 certs in 35 minutes the other day just sitting there spamming their warpgate. Feels cheap at times.
  20. Acierocolotl

I disagree about the tanks. If I'm with my outfit, we're rolling a lot of armour and I typically prioritize tank-busting. I know stuff doesn't get taken if the infantry can't do their job, so if dudes are calling out tanks I'll drop what I'm doing to go kill 'em. So my very being in a tank makes it easier for everyone else to have an honest infantry fight. Sure, if I'm just mulching infantry it's easy to maintain a high K/D ratio, but that actually gets a bit boring after awhile.

I agree with you the the Galaxies, though. They're kind of lacking at the moment and I see them being used mostly as flying griefwagons in the warpgate - to the point where we just park our aircraft outside the warpgate so the griefers blow themselves up too if they come for us. I digress, though.

The Galaxy needs more than just being a so-so fast transport craft. If it could be set down and deployed as some kind of mini-fortress, or like the PS1 Galaxy could transport a light tank, or...