I need help understanding a Kernel32 error. (Don't see a technical help subforum, so posting here.)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hansgrosse, Apr 20, 2017.

1. hansgrosse

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this. My issue is as follows:

Up until yesterday I've had no issues booting up and playing the game, but starting yesterday I've been getting the message "The procedure entry point K32GetProcessImageFileNameA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll," and then the launcher fails to load.

Short of restarting my computer and trying again I have not attempted a fix, as I'm hoping to rule out anything simple before I attempt more time-intensive solutions like un/reinstalling the game.

A google search has made me suspect that I might finally have to update my OS (Because I'm still using Vista. Yeah... don't judge. :p) but once again I'd like to rule other possibilities out before I commit to something like that, and as said before I've been able to play the game just fine prior to now.

Any insight as pertains to this issue would be very welcome! If you have knowledge of this error or a possible fix I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks again.
  2. AllRoundGoodGuy

Still uses Vista?

*facepalm*
  3. PlanetBound

Install the Vista service pack 1. Found on internet search.
  4. BartasRS

This particular error usually happens when you are trying to run/install software on unsupported windows platform so..

he's right. This may be a solution. However, unless you are a total noob you should have SP1 already installed.

Not sure if it is wise of you to still run Vista especially when MS stopped supporting it -> no security updates.
  5. Towie