I need a TR weapon

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Redwave, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Takoita

Does it look like is it supposed to in first person view and in the loadout screen when you have it equipped? Does it shoot off ~10 rounds before you can release the button? Because if the problems only show on the 2D interface menus and pop-ups, then it is nothing serious, just Planetside. If it is not, then you may want to make it known in the technical issues or bug subforums.
  2. Iridar51

Thanks, but keep in mind it's an LA guide, so it's a bit different from engineer. I've been working on it for about a year now, and I still wouldn't call it finished. Just my little hobby in a spare time :)
  3. Redwave

Yeah I checked, I thought it was bugged but it never was the reason I thought it was bugged because of the look of it damn thing now looks like an LMG, they should have kept the look of it because now it looks uglier and just sped up the rate of fire like they did. Definitely changing it now for the HC1 Cougar... Thanks for the help though^^
  4. Redwave

Nice job, and yeah I changed my mind, my type of combat is either sneaky or strong firepower. That's why I tend to run Infiltrator with Hunter Cloak and SMG (I like to call it the Sneaky Sneaky Infiltrator) and Heavy Assault. But LA kind of combines the two with jet packs and strong carbines. Also do you prefer flash grenade or smoke grenade? And if smoke grenade, is it still bugged? I checked flash grenade and it blinds the person using it so that would be a huge disadvantage...
  5. Iridar51

Myself I prefer normal frags, but if I had to choose between flash and smoke I would've chose smoke, as it's more reliable and versatile. Can be used as a smoke screen to block enemy vehicles' line of sight for example.

As far as I know smoke grenades are still bugged - disappear when thrown too far, as I didn't see anything in the patch notes stating they fixed it.
  6. Redwave

Damn that sucks it would give you a tactical advantage as most people usually run with 1x or 2x reflex sight, they can't see through the smoke. But alright I'll use it, thanks for your helpfulness in this thread ;)
  7. Iridar51

Sure, ask me whenever.
  8. Dietre

AMC is garbage given that the damage is 143 for its fire rate. now if this gun was 167 like the pulsarC then its a different story.
    so in saying that, the cougar is the way to go if you can aim and control recoil. Cougar will rip people apart with headshot even in close range.

Trac-5 is good, trac-5s is not worth it, 3x burst is useless, amc is to slow, lynx isn't powerful enough even with insane fire rate, jag is hip fire wet dream but again, trac-5 can be just as good.

battle rifle is GOD if you can aim. I can kill people no problem in close range even if they are good with their carbine. the rifle is so powerful and can have a good rate of fire.

just my thoughts as I play TR as my main. im BR 80 and typically have a k/d of around 4ish

I have nearly 500 kills or more with trac5, trac5s, amc, jag and battlerifle. just got cougar and tested the new lynx for 50 kills.
  9. Redwave

My KD/R sucks *** man, 0.48 I'm dying to increase it any tips? Thanks for your analysis on the various carbines. The update ruined the LC2 Lynx I'm pissed and the TRAC-5 I agree that gun is good and the HC1 Cougar.
  10. Dietre

what server are you on?
    As for tips...the biggest thing to get you started would be mouse settings. what mouse are you using? dpi? windows settings? etc
    secondly is your in game settings for video allowing you to get 60 frames per second. Are you only using carbines? what suit upgrading are you using? What type of battles are you choose to fight in?

LOL given the scale of planetside its hard to give you quick tips to make you better. Im on mathesson, so if you are too, we can squad up and help you out.
  11. Redwave

Lol the computer questions I can't answer that because the computer I play PS2 on my brothers computer. As for server, I'm in Waterson, damn I'm so mad, but thanks for offering your help anyway. I'm in Waterson for TR and NC.
  12. Dietre

try reducing the ingame sensitivity on the mouse a bit if you find its hard to line up shots (like over shooting the target, ie, you move to left but miss and have to move back to get on target) slower mouse movement will help you train your aim at the expense of rapid 180 movement.
    2ndly, carbines are hard to learn pin point aim because in general they are designed for hip fire and run and gun. I would say take the heavy class and buff the shield a bit and use the carv. the carv is pretty good for recoil and sway and the rate in which the bullet spread blooms is ok to for full auto. youll need to learn to burst the gun to be a killing machine of course, but if you start by training yourself to lift off the mousebutton for a split second and get back on it, ull hardly even notice your not going full auto but youll gain the rewards of having the bloom reset, making the bullets more accurate. Also the heavy will allow you to stay alive a bit long with the shields, which will get you more kills and more confidence in your aim.
  13. Redwave

Predominantly I run with the AF-19 Mercenary and had over 100 kills in one week so it's cool, I'm not as reckless as I used to be I just need to be more careful and plan my next move carefully and watch who I attack, other than that I'm good. Also, I love playing heavy for TR and the T9 Carv is amazing, but I decided to go for light assault and infiltrator because I'm more of an attack and disappear type of person, super stealthy and sneaky, ninja kind of thing instead of a BOOM, POW, KABOOM! Type of guy, HA is badass though.
  14. Redwave

Predominantly I run with the AF-19 Mercenary and had over 100 kills in one week so it's cool, I'm not as reckless as I used to be I just need to be more careful and plan my next move carefully and watch who I attack, other than that I'm good. Also, I love playing heavy for TR and the T9 Carv is amazing, but I decided to go for light assault and infiltrator because I'm more of an attack and disappear type of person, super stealthy and sneaky, ninja kind of thing instead of a BOOM, POW, KABOOM! Type of guy, HA is badass though.
  15. Dietre

ah cool, I wasn't sure if you needed some help for aiming etc. But ya, Just use the trac-5 and if u got enough certs go with the cougar. All the other carbines arnt really worth it compared to the trac-5. Look up the stats ingame for aiming accuracy bullet spread. I know the jaguar has better hip fire bullet spread then the trac-5 but if it also better aim spread then it could be a decent upgrade over trac-5.

I love the Cougar, Sabre, Tar, T-50 lmg, (if you can tell I enjoy the harder hitting slower firing weapons)
  16. Efraim

stick with the Trac 5 for now till you built up your char some(nanoweave, claymores, medkits etc) then consider a new weapon. Smoke nades paired with a IRNV scope used strategically and your a god among insects
  17. Redwave

I agree with you 100% and that's what I should do to stick with the Trac-5 for now
  18. DrXTC

TRAC-5 S was the best Engineer weapon in my opinion, before they nerfed the UBGL and put some walls in front of the biolab spawn rooms. Miss the times when you could farm the **** out of biolabs with it. lol

Anyway, I'd go with the default TRAC-5 or LC3 Jaguar. Both are great weapons for CQC and mid-range engagements.
  19. Kulso

I really like the T5 AMC for my TR Engi.
  20. KnightCole

TRAC5 likes to randomly fly off to the right...

Its kinda annoying...3 round burst hits, 3 round burst hits...then suddenly the next 3 rounds flies off to the right, upwards and into the moon.......