I need a TR weapon

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Redwave, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Redwave

I play Engie and I have been wanting to change my weapon for a while. I was thinking about the TRAC-5 S because of its versatility with the UBGL and the UB Smoke grenade launcher <--- especially this one because when I see Sunderer I use tank mines to destroy it but I get seen and killed so I was going to use it as cover... Anyways, I did a little research on the TRAC-5 S and I found it to be not a bad selection but not a good either. So I am wondering, as a TR Engineer what gun is a good pick for an Engineer? Or am I just fine with the TRAC-5 S. I also tested it and liked it a lot because I'm good with the TRAC-5 and the UG attachments were good. Sorry for my ranting btw ;)
  2. Wobulator

AMR-66 is an amazing, versatile gun. It works anywhere from 50m to 300m.
  3. Mikromancer

I love my trac-5s, it's really nice as a versatile weapon, but if you're going for raw killing power, maybe the jaguar or the new carbine, depending on your preferred range...

personally I really wanna try the trac-5 burst for a while, it's kinda cooler than I expected in the VR
  4. reydelchicken

T5-AMC for Engie
    Trac-5 for LA
    MSW-R for HA
    TAR or t1 cycle for medic.
    SOAS-20 or TSAR-42 for infiltrator.

My personal preferences.
    • Up x 1
  5. Corezer

t5 amc or cougar for engie or la!
  6. Takoita

Personally, UBGL kinda sucks donkey balls. Not to say it can't kill anything, but you will need to have higher elevation than your target to hit it. Seriously, the projectile arc is bad enough that when you try shooting across, say, a generator room, you'll likely hit the ceiling when you try to send the grenade far enough to hit the target.

The other part of the gun isn't nearly as frustrating to use - those attachements provide some nice options after all (even if I've never been able to make the underbarrel shotgun work for me). And the paintjob makes it look very nice too! I kinda like TRAC-5 too though and have yet to get the purple medal on it, so I've shelved TRAC-5S these days.

I didn't get to test out the other options outside of VR properly, but both of the new guns - Lynx and Cougar - seem like a solid choice. TRAC-5B is better than its tooltip description and 100 cert price may imply.

AMR-66... In my opinion, it has too strong recoil for the mediocre damage per shot it can dish out. I've never been able to do 'good' with it even against VR room dummies.

Don't like T5 AMC - kills to slow unless you manage to land all those headshots.

No comment on the Jaguar - its model, sound and recoil pattern for some reason annoyed me enough that I couldn't stomach a single training session with it. I'll try it after this revamp, sure, but I find it unlikely I'll ever get the thing for myself.
  7. Efraim

Jag for short range and AMR for long ranges, used to be Trac5S for short and T5AMC for long but got araux for those easily enough. T5AMC on LA in the tops of towers/bio-labs and your the master of all you survey
  8. WyrdHarper

Lynx is the gun you want. For close-med it's probably our best carbine at the moment, although it's a bit expensive.
  9. RaidsRUs

Well, it depends on how good you are at actually shooting anything. I, for instance, am so terrible at shooting things that I actively try to avoid needing to shoot things if at all possible; 95% of everything I've earned in PS2 is from running around with a repair gun and either trying to stop things from getting blown up or cleaning up the mess that a friendly offensive leaves behind (the "Did you ever notice that nobody actually repairs base defenses before moving on to the next target?" rant is for another day). In 3 months, I managed to kill 2 people with the TRAC-5.

And then I started using the FA1 Barrage. I mean, I still struggle to kill even bad players, but I can at least manage 2 kills per session now. Trust me, if I can kill things with it, you can too.
  10. Graylin

TR is my main account and particularily in the early days I played engineer ( it's still my most played charactar). As a result I have a large selection of guns for it including the trac-5s. As a gun I found it pretty lousy but the underbarrel is a must. Forget the shotgun. The grenade launcher I found to be good for a 1 shot kill if some one is chasing me in to a room,when they round the corner the last thing they are expecting is a granade in the face, but not much good for anything else other than spawn point camping with a ammo pack nearby. The smoke grenade with a night sight works well too but with the guns slower fire rate you need you other squad members with nightsights joining you to back you up.

Nowadays the gun sits in my collection gathering dust. I mainly use the jaguar, Trac-5 AMC or AMR-66 depending on the circumstance. Shot gun (haymaker I love the magazine size) or SMG are also good options too.
  11. Redwave

Trac-5 is a really good weapon it is one of my favorite, I did underestimate the T5-AMC because I wasn't using it in the proper distance but when I did I demolished anyone I hit it with.
  12. Redwave

I bought the LC2 Lynx and totally forgot about the new carbine, I did some testing on the HC1 Cougar and I loved it!
  13. Redwave

I should have bought the cougar, although the T5-AMC is incredible at medium ranges.
  14. Redwave

Yeah, after reading all this I just bought the LC2 Lynx and I like it, although it seems to be bugged because it doesn't look the same or has the rate of fire it is supposed to have now. I don't know what is going on...
  15. Redwave

Yeah I agree 100% with what you said about the T5-AMC. It has a high ROF with low recoil and fast TTK.
  16. Redwave

Bought it, liked it, but it seems to be bugged because it doesn't even look like the LC2 Lynx or fire like it. I don't know what's that all about...
  17. Redwave

The Trac-5 is pretty good and because I started playing PS2 over a month ago I have a terrible KDR, sometimes I even think about deleting my characters and starting all over. But you are not alone.
  18. Redwave

Jaguar was a weapon I was thinking of getting but the LC2 Lynx was a better option for me. The TRAC-5 like I said throughout the forum is one of my favorite guns. I should have gotten the HC1 Cougar because I liked it so much in VR.
  19. Iridar51

Don't do it. Otherwise you'll be starting over and over for eternity to come.
    If you need stats to impress yourself, then you can just use session stats for that.
    If you need stats to impress other people, then you can use stats you had during the last week or month, so the "learning the game" period doesn't affect your current situation.

As for the weapon selection - check the Carbines section of my LA guide, maybe you'll find something interesting.
    • Up x 1
  20. Redwave

Alright Iridar I will not delete my character, but I am definitely reading your guide and it is very detailed, good job on that guide man, how long did it take you to finish it? As for weapons I made my decision although not the best one lol I bought the LC2 Lynx, but in the future will upgrade it for the HC1 Cougar.