I luuvv ghost sniper rifle!!!! :)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zhengy4, Jul 3, 2015.

1. UberNoob1337101

Ahhhh... Ballto's ignorance at it's finest. Read posts/replies entirely, if you don't it's like skipping half of the story and making false opinions/questions/answers based on your half-read post.
    0.6 seconds for BASR OHK. That is a big downside on it's own. Not to mention lower ammo for semi-auto of 6 shots instead of standard 10. Reload can be a bit long too, and overall if you aren't a good sniper you are just cert fodder for MLGPRO snipers. I don't see what's OP about it, it's a camper's dream but a mobile guy's nightmare.
  2. Ballto21

its 0.45 seconds for a OHK, which, yes, is a bit of an issue but can be worked around. It is a very difficult, frusterating weapon to use and learn but when you do learn it youll be thinking "why in gods name have i not been using this all along"

It technically has infinite clip size if youre not spam firing, and ive been able to kill 4-6 people by waiting the normal rechamber time of a v10 to refire (including charge time)

It's hard to explain why i think its overpowered without going into opinionated crap because of how i personally feel about the weapon, but i recommend using and auraxing it. chances are youll find you love it, maybe not for everything obviously but youll find a niche in your playstyle for it
  3. Ballto21

if your reflexes are too slow to tap shift for half a second as you press fire im sorry youre not a good sniper, and if youre using the ghost at uber close range any other weapon would to you just as good if not better.
    • Up x 1
  4. UberNoob1337101

Thanks for a constructed response, i found the weapon fun to use and sort of "expert in all fields but a master of none" weapon. It has it's moments, but it also makes me think that why does NC get a BASR for free and VS doesn't have this as a starter weapon, since it is simple and easy to use but hard to master.
  5. Ballto21

i actually think the 99sv and specter are very good guns that fill the same roll of hard to work with but very good in its niche.

i find the phaseshift the orion of the sniper world, everyone ive spoken to said the same thing about the orion, its a ***** to learn but borderline OP when you learn to work it.
  6. TheRealNattyIcePS4

Sorry but when your highest kills on a weapons is c4 you should be banned from talking on the forums
  7. Jubikus

guess im the only person that prefers the KSR-35 over the TSAR.[IMG]
  8. zhengy4

I have the reflex as a cat and used to be in a pro league of quake 2 CTF team (if you kids knew what QUAKE was....), won 2 Chinese domestic tournament titles.

I use v10 mainly for sniping other snipers at far distance when ghost is out of reach, so I only have 12x scope expeirence, and I hated the swing, it even made the pre-aim impossible.

Your v10 has a kill/min of 0.86 which isn't too higher than mine, but apparently you landed tons of headshots while I mainly engage at running/sprinting targets:

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428280608551682433/weapons
  9. iller

that accuracy ... normies leave
  10. Ballto21

im not sure if this is a compliment or sarcasm
  11. Ballto21

i also shoot at movers fairly often, ive just been using my v10 much longer than most of my other snipers other than the parallax. look at my parsec, thats more accurate for recent stats and im fairly decent with hitting movers even with its weird bullet rise.

im sure youre decent enough as a sniper (i refuse to think anyone in this game is good at anything. you cant be good at a bad game) but still, if you can touch shift for a half second a v10 will almost certainly do you better
  12. Ballto21

hey hey hey, look at my c4 vehicle kills and MAX kills. im not just a infantry farmer (although i do huck c4 like candy)
  13. zhengy4

Let me try with a 6x scope see if your ancedote works.....
  14. zhengy4

I don't have enough certs/time for anything else other than infrantry, so basically, I have been passengers for most air crafts flying time, even for infantry I mainly play infiltrator due to the lack of investment in other classes, I play this game totally free, so probably earn certs really slowly.