I luuvv ghost sniper rifle!!!! :)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zhengy4, Jul 3, 2015.

1. zhengy4

2. Hatesphere

if you like that you will love the clones the NC and TR have! other then the sub par reflex sights.
  3. Ballto21

Ghost a good weapon?
    [IMG]

grab a v10 with a 6x and enhanced targeting. you wont regret it.

Proof of me at least slightly knowing what im talking about kind of.
    [IMG]

The ghost has its roll, but a V10 can do the same thing mildly better with an extra key press on top of better mid-long range versatility. Also, the 6x scope isnt ugly like a 4x/3.4x
  4. Hatesphere

but the 6X does have sway, the 4X does not. its a trade off.
  5. Ballto21

in cqc sway is nigh unnoticeable. at midrange sway is a shift tap for more velocity and easier leading because mildots
  6. TheDarSin

The Ghost and the Tsar/Sas-R variants are really good sniper rifles. That chamber time makes countering other snipers with ease. I love picking off 12x snipers with my 4x scope.
  7. Ballto21

theyre good scout rifles. Calling them a sniper rifle is like me calling a Hailstorm an LMG.

im general, at cqc a 6x has almost no noticeable sway if you just tap shift, at midrange leading is much easier because mildots and velocity, it has a marginally slower rechamber time, and at longer ranges plinking 12x snipers you have another 2x zoom and less drop
  8. TheDarSin

No they're definitely sniper rifles since they're OHK BASRs and the ghost variants are much better at dropping targets at medium range. The bullet chamber time makes all the difference. By the time regular snipers have killed 1, the ghost has killed 2 at a more effective range.
  9. Ballto21

My Hailstorm is an LMG because it has high magazine capacity reasonably high ROF and is automatic!

Just because its a OHK bolt-action does not a sniper make. Its a glorified scout rifle
  10. TheDarSin

That's a terrible analogy and just because you say it is, doesn't make it true. By game definition in stats and in name its a sniper rifle. A rifle isn't limited to its scope.
  11. UberNoob1337101

Top kek, no sway on a sniper rifle is crazy, tried it myself, it's awesome for constantly keeping track of your target and quickscoping. Shortest reload, shortest chamber time, solid price, I see nothing bad about it. Just because it doesn't have a 6X+ scope doesn't make it a glorified scout rifle, it's a killing machine.
    Correct, it's a sniper rifle and a good one on top of that.
  12. Ballto21

but a sniper is limited by its range. The AMR is also called a sniper but its not. By definition a sniper is a long range precision rifle meant to take down personnel at ranges further than other small arms reasonably can. You CAN OHK people at 200m with a ghost, i can also 2HK someone at 250m with a slug baron. A ghost is designed for ranges less than 100 meters, as are most of the scout rifles. it is not a long range rifle, thus it is not a sniper. just a rifle.
  13. Ballto21

stopped reading at quickscoping. clearly 2 mlg pro l337 ex quake skillz
  14. TheDarSin

A sniper is not limited to its range. Sniper rifles by definitions are actually precision rifles limited to their accuracy and a case could also be made to their lethality within their accuracy scope since within the game snipers fall into the category of higher lethality vs scout rifles being less lethal but still fitting the world definition of a sniper rifle. If you bothered to read when you googled your definition of sniper rifles you would've seen that the sniper definition also include "bullet placement" vs small arms. Being able to accurately place bullets is what defines the sniper rifles, not your subjective ranges.
  15. cyb_

While we are at it: Let's not forget the best 'Sniper Rifle' of them all .... the TRAP-M1! :)
  16. TheDarSin

Hate to play the contrarian but the trap is more like a carbine and not a sniper rifle haha. That being said its a really good carbine when in burst fire mode. You could argue that its a sniper when you're firing single shots but at that point there's much better sniper rifles out there.
  17. Ballto21

Phaseshift representing sniper rifles as best in class. Not joking here, phaseshift is OP
  18. 0fly0

Can you tell us why? because i really don't see, the only great thing i see is if you're on a mountain 200 meters of a fight and don't want to use a beacon for having ammo.
    Can't charge it when being cloack make it useless against good sniper.
    Can't hold the charge also make it bad.
    Lower rpm than a scout rifle if you want to use it that way.
    You can shot two time without having to reload between shot, wich i guess it's great even if it's the best way to get kill by a sniper, oh and you can use it like a scout rifle or a sniper wich is nice even if it's a bad scout rifle and a bad sniper.
  19. Ballto21

I will tell you why friend.

Tree ******** on hossin, roaming the mountains of amerish, lone wolfish kind of things.
    Well, if youre a bad sniper youll have issues with good snipers with any guns. People underestimate the power of semi autos on any gun, its not all about the OHK. If youre clever, even if you dont kill the other sniper if you hit him with one semi auto and a charge bodyshot, he will die. You can also fire twice before a ghost can rechamber, as the charge time is only 0.45 seconds which, if you exploit his firing first (assuming you can do the dance) can give you an advantage. Learning to near tap fire it will be OP as hell after practice.
    Got me there, but its versatility of i can ohk or semi auto is handy on top of infinite ammo.

its a lot better than people give it credit for but very VERY hard to learn. When you do though its much easier to use than any BASR if you have a hold breath implant rank 2 or higher
  20. zhengy4

how do you deal with that sway? even with 6x scope the sway is terrible at killing people with only portion of head popped up and running targets are even harder to hit.

People are getting more sophisticated, you used to have newbies standing still and let you land headshots without much difficulties, but that's getting rarer, most people would only stick out half body for only half a second, and you have to land your GHOST plasma at their tiny head during that time frame. V10 has to be pressed with godamn SHIFT!!! and the enemy is long gone our shrink back their heads like turtles...