I hate "crocodile tears" & how they effect game balance/feedback.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Bearlover

- The modern gamer wants to be spoon fed, always.
    - Winning and this superiority complex is 95% mentality of the player base, so in that regard, acquiring the best weapon is one of their top agendas.
    - Always a lazy, one sided, tunnel vision, hurr durr mentality as well. When they lose their " best weapons ", they feel threatened and will show how much their vaginas hurt, because their KDR is in jeopardy and having to adjust to the new weapons' mechanics or anything of that sort is NOT an option for these players. They do not care about balance for the sake of the game, they just want whats theirs to keep their own agenda in play forever.
    - Most of these players do not understand what FREE TO PLAY means.
    - Most of these players also do not understand what BETA means, always change, nothing is permanent. DEAL WITH IT.
    • Up x 1
  2. Crator

But, my feels must be addressed! :( :mad: :confused: :eek: :D

Why do some of you guys constantly nag at each other? Stop that, iron your stupid crap out and get down to discussing the real things that matter.
  3. Demigan

Actually, how a game feels is the most important part. The balance can be completely screwed, the gameplay can consist out of bugs and failures, but if people enjoy it, it's good.

But it does need some sort of filter, as it needs to stay enjoyable for as many people involved. Most people prefer to utterly dominate their opponents, and will ask for buffs to themselves to get that done without a regard for what that will do to the fun of their enemies.
    Therefore in most games, absolute balance is the best way to keep it fun for all sides. Asymetrical balance can create a better feeling of identity and more diverse gameplay, enhancing the enjoyment if done properly (or creates an extremely toxic environment as each faction feels underwhelming unless they do one specific thing to the other factions, and lose in any other setting).
  4. Scr1nRusher

I don't get how you wrote this, considering how what you quoted involved using emotion & Feels to rule or create discussions
  5. jmdafk

personally i think its great people feel so strongly about it.
    We each want our faction to win, and if that means nerfing them into the ground then great :)

And at the end of the day, PS2 is the most awesomist of all FPS games. Despite its countless flaws.
  6. Scr1nRusher

That..... that would explain somethings.
  7. Crator

Yeah, the reason why most of what is bickered about doesn't mean anything in regards to balance for a game.
  8. Scr1nRusher

Its a problem that needs to be changed overtime.

When you mix negative emotions in or behind balance talks it never ends well.
    • Up x 1
  9. ModsFreeAreForTV

Annnnnnnmdddd this is why casual players hate Planetside and why I truly think in the next few years this game will be shutting down for good.
  10. Demigan

Because anger, frustration, fear, hate and sadness are also emotions, and if a game creates more of these rather than positive emotions, regardless of how balanced it is, the game fails.

That's why there needs to be a filter between real emotions of anger, fear, happiness etc, and the actual real crocodile tears of people who only want more power for themselves.
    Because even the guy who genuinely cries about his weapons being inadequate even though his weapons are among the most OP out there has to be heard. His feelings, emotions and opinion do count. If the most OP weapon in the game feels like a rolled up towel instead of a miniature nuke gattling gun it needs changing. Not necessarily more damage but it's usage mechanics and statistics both need a harsh looking at.
  11. Scr1nRusher

Its truely a complex thing when it comes to emotions & balance.
  12. Ronin Oni

All 3 factions being exactly the same wouldn't remove imbalances.

Imbalances would still exist between different infantry weapons, vehicles, etc.

So removing all faction flavor would make the game stale to absolutely NO benefit, as people would STILL cry over imbalances (either real or perceived)
  13. Ronin Oni

I like how you regularly take my last line that isn't part of my argument and try to use it as proof against my arguments.

This is why YOU fail.
  14. ModsFreeAreForTV

Not if you openly tell them "hey, the NC, TR, and VS rifles all now have the SAME STATS"... If that were to happen and the staff announced it, the ******** about balance would die down a lot.
  15. ModsFreeAreForTV

In all honesty if you want balance in PS2 the devs need to scrap the asymmetrical balance ideal and make it more of a linear Halo-style game, just with thousands of players.
  16. Ronin Oni

Unless we removed all but 1 class and 1 weapon, and ALL vehicles, there's going to be imbalance.
  17. asmodraxus

/s nerf 0.75 ADS on VS HA its soo OP

Nerf teh Beamer, Cereberus, Spiker, Manticore, Sirius, Eridani, Skorpius, Nova, Pandora, Thanatos, Phobos, Deimos, Chaos, Orion, SV88 and the Betelgeuse.

Not to mention the following when used by only VS

Baron, NS7 PDW, MKV Suppressed, NS15 LMG, Lasher (on general principals), Commisioner, Underboss, Blackhand, Crossbow, VS Max units, the Magrider, the Scythe just about any VS weapon.
  18. ModsFreeAreForTV

Make different classes sure. I agree nothing can ever be 100 percent balanced, I say just make different classes then make all the classes on each side linear to each other. Then you have that "diversity" players want but the imbalance is miniscule.