I don't understand the T-16 Rhino...

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Braken, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Braken

I mean, it's obviously supposed to be a long-ranged LMG, considering it has access to the Adv Forward Grip and HV Ammo attachments, but it has a very odd sight selection (no 2x Reflex sight, and no 6x scope), and lacks the compensator.

My question is, why is it this way?
  2. KnightCole

So as to make it blantantly obvious you shouldnt purchase it.

I mean, yeah, ive gotten it again. I have a AFG, x3.4 red dot and its still pretty much junk.

It sucks at range due to recoil, Cof bloom and its horrifically fast damage drop. I mean, its a long range gun that doesnt even have long range gun damage drop off. Its useless at CQC due to 143@652 being a useless damage/RoF ratio.

About all its good for is ninja-ing a kill here and there, sniping the last shot off a guy or killing guys who are just horrible or afk...or in the few cases where ive died to it...not paying attention.

If it is to be a LR gun, then it should get better CoF bloom, higher damage drop off....143@10m-124@75 or 85m. and a Lower FSM so it can burst well.
  3. Metallic123

Lol, if the T16 rhino confuses you do not buy the T32 bull.

Best advice anyone can give to the TR infantry is stick to fighting less than 30m.
    • Up x 1
  4. HerpTheDerp

Okay OP you seem confused, so here is a short guide what sights to use on what weapons as HA in PS2:

Everything that is not a battle rifle: 1x
    Battle rifle: 2x

Did you seriously want to put a 6x scope on a light machine gun?
    • Up x 2
  5. LibertyRevolution

T16 Rhino is for putting on the extended mag, 1x scope, and silencer.
    200 rounds of quiet death to send down range.

It is the extended mag that makes the Rhino a fun toy.

Use it as a medium range gun, it shoots to slow for CQC, and not enough damage at long range.
    It is the weapon I choose when I am going to just spray at a doorway non stop.
  6. HerpTheDerp

On topic, I'm too lazy to even check but if I remember correctly T-16 was basically TR's version of EM1. A gun that is just a random collection of leftover stats and attachments.
  7. Braken

No. I really don't like most of the scopes, and generally just go with iron sights. I just thought it was weird, since pretty much most of the other long range weapons have the ability to use the 6x scope.
  8. Metallic123

Welcome to the TR
    • Up x 1
  9. vsae

T16 is the only accurate mid-long range weapon TR have.
    Can you not play without 2x or 6x? Also there is almost no vertical recoil, why do you need compensator on it?
  10. repairtool6

compensator would make it op (yes, actually mean that) but i too wish it had 2x option
  11. NCstandsforNukaCola

I didn't have any problem for Rhino having no 2x sight
    Is it necessary?
    Also It has very low vertical recoil.
    You don't even need the compensator
  12. Cromell

I dunno man, 1x scope and AFG was enough to make this weapon as deadly as it gets for me and I really like it.
  13. cruczi

I actually prefer the iron sights on this weapon, it's feels more accurate than having a reflex dot that covers the target's head. I like to see the head that I'm aiming at.

I love how controllable the weapon is with adv forward grip.
  14. bubbacon

Yep...TMG 50 6xscope HVA and litter the BF with dead enemy Infis
  15. Kwyjibo

If you're really interested in long range, don't forget that you can use the battlerifle as an HA.
  16. johnway

I'm currently using the t16 myself after aurax the tmg and the reason why i chose that gun was how well i did with that gun. Felt good in VR so i opted for it. I do have an msw-r but thats more used for Niche purposes like indoor fighting and the such (although it does ok in medium ranges when i slap on a foregrip and SPA). I like the accuracy of the weapon and seems pretty consistent.

My current set up for it is to have a 3.4 scope with a laser sight. Seems to get me where i need to ok. I generally play med/ long range combat and never the guy who rushes into battle or blind in a building. Ok, at long ranges its cack, but if i was engaging at those ranges its was more to suppress and keep their heads down. But i haven't really deviated in my play style since switching from the TMG that much tbh.
  17. BrotherLee

they are all the same dude, they really are, T16, T32, Carv, CarvS, your time to kill is basically the same. And the "long range" one, tmg-50 is only usefull with 1x , or else it jump all over the ******* screen due to ridiculous recoil (that can only be explained as a need to further humiliate the TR, but it's fine I'll knife all the enemies of the republic until they nerf that too)
  18. Pikachu

To that I say derp. Derp to battle rifles.
  19. Pikachu

I put a x6 scope on my TMG and hoped it would work with 2-shot burst mode. :oops:
  20. Pikachu

:D Well at least it looks pretty. :)