I don't understand the "Buff Infil" threads.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Vepo, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Daejin

"Hack an AV Turret." Only option. Kinda sucks, but... When you manage to sneak in, hack one, and take down 4-10 enemy tanks... Oh the joy it brings...

Still, we are Infiltrators... Laying AV mines and using C4 is the definition of our title...
  2. grin

EMP has no effect on vehicles, maxes, or turrets.
  3. Caspartine

Sorry, what? The duration of the Phalanx turret is like seconds when under fire. Are those tanks afk? Or are you destroying some kind of abandoned car park?
    • Up x 1
  4. BigMcLargeHuge

I don't think buffed is what people want. They want other ways to play the infl besides drop claymores, snipe. They want, well honestly weapon or ability options so they can change how they play. And it's up to the design team to figure out how to fulfill those wants while maintaining balance and making sure the style of play isn't toxic. Shotguns didn't work and the permastealth/handgun bit was never made it to live so SOE needs to keep at it. And I'm sure it's on their agenda there is just too much demand for it not to be.
    • Up x 2
  5. Nehlis

Seriously?
  6. Fishie

Scout rifles could use some tweaking, I think, but I'm glad they're there. It's a step in a direction I'd like to see explored further.
  7. FaLI3N

If they did re-introduce hacking then I would love an emp-based anti tank mine that cripples a tank for a duration of time and possibly damages occupants over time to force them out. Would make it possible to create vehicle ambushes, and then you could steal some of our magriders you keep crying about :p
  8. Helwyr

I too played in closed beta and also PS1, and have little issue with the Infiltrator in PS2 as a Sniper. What's missing is the PS1 style Infiltrator that lives up to the classes name. Proper cloak, more hacking and sabotage, pistol/melee and no rifle slot.

Also since when should we give a F*** about the amount of "QQ" as you put it? Every class has people whining about them and calling for nerfs. It's no secret there's a subsection of gamers that hate everything stealth related, it doesn't matter how nerfed we become those people will whine like mad whenever they're killed by an Infiltrator. As to SOE, the forums are full of nerf calls for ESF, many legitimately IMO, but SOE isn't budging. So if you're a genuine Infiltrator player, spend your time supporting improving the class not worrying about whiners that hate the class.
    • Up x 2
  9. cheetum

I don't feel that infiltrators are under-powered. I do feel however, that they lack versatility and the gameplay isn't as interesting as it could be. Its called an "infiltrator" not a "sniper", yet most people only play the class like a sniper. pretty boring for a class that sounds like it should be more of a saboteur. Give them the option to have C4, or a vehicle hacking tool for example could make the class a lot more fun and interesting without unbalancing them. check out my suggestion regarding vehicle hacking here too. (shameless plug)
  10. iller

Zero multiplied by X is still Zero.

There's 1 single thread on this forum from 1 guy who got laughed the hell out of here for suggesting anything of the sort. Check any other FPS forum to see what real Sniping complaint threads look like. ... where they pop up several times a week and fill up fast for the life of the game. Can any of those people grab the Sniper rifle and be just as "OP" in those games?? I've challenged them to it. Not one of them could ever provide proof of it. Hmmm.... wonder why.

Also: If OP is indeed telling the truth about his skill level and not just trolling, then he's in the 1% of the playerbase on not just Aim, but also Rig Performance and Map knowledge. 99% of the playebase is no where near that level on all 3 of those qaulifiers, therefore a class that's only balanced when all 3 are met, is basically Horse Feathers magical flying pony cr*p
  11. Aktarus

yeah seriously.
  12. vampwood

The only thing that infiltrator needs is more things to do with the hacking tool (Hack Enemy vehicles to use, Maybe a temp disable of a vehicle if its occupied) and potentially a device that lets him get through certain shield walls like in AMP stations similar to the sunderer diffuser.
  13. Daejin

A few well placed shots to the ***-end of a lightning = death. Not to mention, when I do decide to take on a tank line, I not only have 2+ turrets hacked, I also wait for them to be engaged by anything. The moment a tank fires on them, or air lands some blows... Even HA's shoot a rocket or two, I'll fire on the wounded tank, killing that specific one realitvely fast. The tank lines are still focused on the enemy right in front of them, and by the time they stop, react, position, and fire on me, I usually kill 3+. I can get up to 10 kills if my allies push during this time, as all we need to do is land 1-2 shots on each tank. 2 from me, 2 from them. If the engineer jumps out at any time, I can usually OHK them with the AoE of my shots.
  14. iller

Pics or it didn't happen
  15. Jeos DInas

The lack of Anti Vehicle is an issue and arguably people will say that we are not meant to have that in a major capacity. This might be true but it would certainly help with the class than extent. Risk reward would be the key. If there something likes satchel charge or a vehicle hack, the danger of getting close being the most immediate risk. A small time for the hack to take place, say with the pilot getting a brief warning of the hack, would be a good mitigation against the ability's power. Perhaps a cloak break as well.

Ideally, I like the idea of hacking. And I like the idea because it would be different. Hack, disable the vehicle but not destroy, and render the vehicle useless. Perhap have it so an enemy infiltrator can undo the hack.