I am surprised

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by justme, Dec 31, 2012.

1. justme

Why can't we still pick up dead peoples weapons.
    There has been multiple times when I ran out of ammo.
    Usually, I would just grab another weapon and go with it.
    I can see a restriction like only empire specific weapons can be picked up.
    I am just wondering why they haven't allowed it yet.
    I have seen multiple threads like this sense beta.
    Just wondering what every ones thought is on this.
  2. Aghar30

We already have technology that uses fingerprint scans to prevent a fire arm from going off. It is not unreasonable that empire specific weapons and even non empire weapons, NS 11 decimator and anihilator, use IFF scanners to determine if said person is able to use said weapon.
  3. Vlas

We are in a nanite system. Nanites require power to live and the way death occurs is through nanites being decoupled from their power source.

So, once the nanites lose power, they lose their ability to form objects such as bullets. When you retrieve ammo from a corpse, it will literally disintegrate in your hands, making it useless.
  4. justme

it is a game.
  5. Vlas

Even games have rules, son....
  6. SinerAthin

I highly doubt that's the case.

Most likely this is just a gameplay decision rather than a lore decision.
  7. Liquid23

I am not surprised that you are surprised
  8. Aghar30

gameplay decision that can easily be explained through lore, either nanite or iff both make perfect sense, so either will fit.

And honestly every decision is a gameplay decision, from having mags able to strafe, to the TR having faster firing guns, its all gameplay decisions, but they have lore reasons explaining why in the world.
  9. forkyar

10. SinerAthin

Building lore upon gameplay decisions is an awful idea.

Just look at what happened to Wacraft's lore.
  11. Aghar30

and yet theres an in game lore on why you can respawn, because guess what thats a game play decision they could make it where when you die you lose everything, but people would get pissed, so instead Each side has their own nanite matrix that rebuilds you every time your shot, all lore in a game is based on gameplay decisions.
  12. SinerAthin

Actually, the idea of a nanite system is one of the ideas and sources of inspirations that Planetside 2 was built on, rather than the nanite system being inspired by Planetside.

There is a notably difference between building a game upon the inspiration of an idea, and building lore upon a game.