How to Work the Implant System w/o SC or Certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, May 21, 2014.

1. kirinohana

So non paid players can only use implants 2 hours a day, but if you pay money, you can use them longer getting stronger abilities of your choice. So in essence, if you pay money, you will have a distinct combat advantage over non paid players. How is that not pay to win?

Honestly if you can only use them for 2 hours, or one alert (with much micromanaging crafting dumbness). Why have them at all?
  2. Axehilt

Wouldn't the point be to avoid artificially delaying the point at which you begin gaining experience with a new gameplay mechanic?
  3. Posse

I'm not sure really, I played for 4.8 hours yesterday (according to the DA site) and iirc I got 10 chargers and 11-12 implants (343 SPM)

4.8 hours = 17280 seconds

10 chargers = 6000-12000 seconds worth of energy depending on tier
    11-12 implants = ?????

I don't know what those implants would give me in terms of chargers, but I don't think I'd be able to keep a t3 implant permanently, and that's with a SPM that almost nobody can get without boosts.

Though if I add the certs gained: 343 SPM * 288 minutes / 250 = 395 certs, I'd get 500 certs in 6 hours and a few minutes at this rate, so I could cover roughly 80% of t3 expenses with an ultra charger if I wanted, together with the drops, that would be more than enough. But yes, I'm spending certs in this case.
  4. Axehilt

Hmm, or maybe I'm wrong on this as the wikia site certainly supports Alarox's post and not my own. I could've sworn I only combined one time last night, ditching a "longer breath holding" implant and getting one back in return.
  5. DirArtillerySupport

...because...this is PS2 and they are sidegrades! ;)
  6. Gearlock

Yeah that'd almost be like some other stupid MMOFPS game from like 10 years ago that had implants.

I think it was called Planetside.

What a bunch of idiots. They should have charged money to use those!
  7. OldCuban

Someone needs to make Alarox's original post a STICKY!

Tired of all the crying about the implants. Seems to me all that the whiners want is a free handout without any effort.
    • Up x 1
  8. Taemien

Just be glad you can pay certs or SC for these things. If this was Everquest, you'd have to farm this stuff and that would be the only way to obtain them. There's too much jumping on the hate big business bandwagon. If you seriously think that SOE is greedy then stop playing and most of all stop complaining about it. Hit them in the pocket book and leave the game quietly. Play only the games that have a business model you agree with. Otherwise you have no substance to your claim. I don't think you all have the stones to do that however. I'll even put money on it.