How to Work the Implant System w/o SC or Certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, May 21, 2014.

1. Alarox

I see a lot of people freaking out over this. It isn't too complicated. Here's how you get all the implants you want and have enough energy to the point where you'll never struggle to maintain your implants.

What you'll need: Time and Patience

Step 1: Get lots of implants by playing normally. Do this for a week or two.
    Step 2: Convert all your T1 implants into T2 implants via the 5 implant recipe.
    Step 3: Convert all your T2 implants into T3 implants via the 5 implant recipe.
    Step 4: Convert duplicate T3 implants into the T3 implants you need via the 3 implant recipe.
    Step 5: From now on, just convert all your T1 and T2 implants into chargers via the 2 implant recipe. Because you're not using them in order to make other implants, you'll easily have enough to maintain your implants.

SOE is trying to make money off of people who don't have time/patience, and they're trying to use this as a cert sink for high BR players who don't have time/patience.

-------------------

Note, the recipes I mentioned above are as follows:

5 Implant Recipe: combining 5 implants of the same tier results in an implant of the next highest tier.
    3 Implant Recipe: combining 3 implants of the same tier results in a different implant of the same tier.
    2 Implant Recipe: combined 2 implants of different tiers results in a charger.
    • Up x 11
  2. LibertyRevolution

You are capped at 10 implant drops.
    This cap does not reset at midnight PST like ribbons...
    I have not got a single drop today even after being logged out for 9 hours, and it passing midnight PST.

You need to use 5 T1 to make a T2.
    So that means each day you can make 1 600 energy charger, that will last 10mins.
    As you need a T1 + a T2 to make a charger.

So even if you convert all of your drops to chargers, you are only going to gain 2 chargers.
    You get 10 chargers before you hit that cap.

So you have 12 chargers a day max if all you do is make chargers.
    12 * 600 = 7200 energy, which lasts 120mins (7200 /60). So you can have an implant for 2 hours a day from drops, that is all.
    The other 22 hours a day.. you have to pay 750 certs, or $5, for every 3.7hours of energy.

Do you now understand why I am readying my pitchfork?
    • Up x 2
  3. Alarox

Two things:

1.) I thought the cap was a bug? If it is not, then I'm in 100% agreement with you that this is ridiculous.

2.) Half of my drops so far have been T2 implants, so you don't necessarily need to combine T1s into T2s to make chargers. Plus, you get chargers as drops anyway. That aspect of this shouldn't be a problem.
    • Up x 3
  4. LibertyRevolution

#1) The bug is that we are not hitting them soon enough...
    #2) There is a cap on chargers..

If there was no cap on charger drops, than I would be fine with all this.
    Let them cap implant drops at 10 a day, that seems fair to me.

Limiting the charger drops with a cap so that you can only have 6000 energy a day from charger drops, that is not OK.
    After your first 2hours you have to fork over 750certs or $5 every 3.7 hours that you want to stay competitive with people using implants.

Forumside server needs a new hamster, it is running really bad right now.. can hardly edit posts..
    • Up x 2
  5. lesowski

I don't think your expected to use an implant at all times...they're for specific situations. Also 2 hours of free implant a day seems fine, and you shouldn't be playing planetside 24 hours a day. Although I'm sure some things will be changed eventually anyway.
    • Up x 1
  6. LibertyRevolution

That is like saying you shouldn't have a suit slot on at all time..
    It is a new slot on your character, of course it should be filled at all times..

Smedly said on twitter that even f2p players would be able to run tier 3 implants from drops alone.
    Link to his post: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/240luz/smedly_on_implant_drops/ch2qiq1

I am a full member, making 400SPM, and I can't even power a tier 2 implant...
    I have had no energy since 9:30PM last night.

I have put in 2.5 hours play today, made 64,000+XP, 280certs, and not gotten a single item drop.

I am going to make them keep their word this time. I am not backing down on this fight.
    Chargers need to have no cap on dropping.

I am fine with a cap on implant dropping, let them make money selling implants to gamble with.
    But limiting the drops for energy is a pure pay to win scam when they cost $5 for 3.7hours of energy.
    • Up x 7
  7. a4555in

What's the maximum amount of charge you can hold?
  8. Axehilt

Great post overall!

Tiny clarification is that combining 3 implants creates a random implant of the same tier. (Meaning it's not necessarily a different implant from one of the ones you consumed.)
  9. Runegrace

Fixed. You can use extra tier 3 to craft a tier 3 you don't have…maybe…but you're burning implants you could have used for crafting chargers. And crafting chargers is more efficient when using the tier 2&3 recipe…again, if you're patient.

The tier 1+2 recipe requires a total of 6 tier 1 implants (5 to craft tier 2 + 1 tier 1). This gives 1000 energy, or 167 energy per tier 1 implant drop.

The tier 2+3 recipe requires a total of 30 tier 1 implants (5 to craft tier 2 + 25 to craft tier 3). This gives 10,000 energy, or 333 energy per tier 1 implant drop.

But in general, yeah. This is what I'm doing as well. Random drops will get me all the tier 1, and crafting up the extras will fill everything else in as well as give power once I have extra of the higher tiers. Once I have all the implants and an excess of energy/chargers I may actually start using the things.
  10. Eyeklops

This wouldn't be so bad if they PUT A DAMN TOGGLE KEYBIND IN.

Then it will become a player controlled logistic that:
    1. Keeps implants from being overused by the average population (I.E. Always "ON")
    2. Rewards players who use them only when required.
    • Up x 3
  11. Alarox

*Jumps off cliff*
    *Activates implant*
    *Lands*
    *Deactivates implant*
    etc.

IMO it defeats the purpose of the energy system. At that point you're better off just arguing against the entire system. Plus, if they did do this, they would rework the energy system to assume that you're constantly micromanaging your implants and always turning them off/on depending. And that sounds annoying to me. Additionally, some implants you want on at all times while others you only want on for a few seconds.
    • Up x 1
  12. Eyeklops

How about:
    *Jumps off cliff*
    *Implant activates on impact and takes X energy determined by how far the fall was*
    *Implant automatically turns off when not needed*

The fall distance implant is really a passive perk. It should be seamless to the user, but not waste energy while herp-derping around the game.

Other implants should be manually activated. I personally think Clear Vision should be a reactive implant. It should be like "Ohh..I got by a flash/conc nade, hit X button to clear it up." Turning it on before getting hit would do nothing. It doesn't "stay on".
    • Up x 3
  13. LibertyRevolution

Takes damage to HP.
    Activates regen implant.
    Fills health.
    Deactivates implant.

Yes, energy would last forever like this...
  14. Alarox

Which would work but... doing this for every implant and then somehow making it all work... I don't think SOE can do that and I don't think your idea will ever be accepted by SOE.
  15. Edenwolf

Last night I played 6 hours and got 9 implant drops and 7-9 charger drops so I'm sure your not limited to 10 drops total, perhaps its limited to 10 charger drops and 10 implant drops a day. At any given time I was thousands of ticks away from running out of battery, this morning though I only got 1 drop which has me a little worried but more time will tell.

Most noticeable issues that stuck out for me was that the battery should not be running while in warp gate, or while in a vehicle that cannot utilize the implant.
  16. Posse

Long story short:

1) Kill dudes
    2) Get implants
    3) Craft higher level implants
    4) Craft Chargers
    5) ?????
    6) Profit
  17. maxkeiser

Yep, I will be storing ALL my implant/battery drops for about a month or so. Possibly more. I love to horde stuff.

Eventually, when I have hundreds of the things, I will play around. No point in doing it any other way really.
  18. Alarox

Assuming they remove the limit, there is no step between #4 and #6. The chargers that drop and that you can craft should be able to support you, theoretically.
  19. Posse

I'd guess that will depend on your XP/min mainly.
  20. Alarox

Very true. I'm sure people with 250+ SPM will be fine. The 150-250 range will probably be the cutoff.