How to turn off night?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zombekas, Dec 27, 2013.

1. term1270

I agree night is one of my favorite parts of the game and it is not going anywhere.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dark Pulse

Funny thing is, people say turning shadows off is an advantage... when I've managed to find and kill both enemies and vehicles because I noticed their shadows.
    • Up x 2
  3. Prudentia

this^
    The best defense against flying Light Assaults and enemies on ridges is the sun and shadows.
    • Up x 1
  4. JudgeNu

Im old school I guess.
    FPS 101-turn brightness up on monitor and in game.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the shadows and good looking environments, but I have to be able to see , cuz I know it is what most of the good players are doing.
    I have dual monitors too, and it is annoying to have to switch to windowed to access the other monitor, but w/e.

-Ddolbok-
  5. Meeka

Calibrate your monitor.

It sounds like its off calibration.
  6. axiom537

BAHHH

I wish they would make it darker and last a little longer...

You would have hated beta
  7. Timithos

The players that want darker nights are thankfully winning.
  8. Phyr

It's still not dark enough.
  9. Dark Pulse

This is how I want my nights:

[IMG]

(Let's see how many people get the reference.)
  10. Amarsir

In the broad sense I agree with you - diversity of conditions makes play more varied and interesting. But when the reaction to the cycle is different gear (or different settings) then what you've created isn't a challenge - it's a chore.

Who wants to be standing in the dark with their reflex sight when everyone else is using IRNV? And if the cycle is so severe that everyone swaps, then what you've accomplished is a reduction in diversity - also not a desired goal.

(And to be honest, to these old eyes we're already there. If my screen got any darker during the night cycle I would't be sure it was turned on. I have enough trouble spotting a hidden person during the day.)
  11. Tenebrae Aeterna

Pretty much covers it.
  12. zaspacer

I also play in a lit room and have a very hard time seeing on different continents at different times. But this is what SOE does, they balance the game around who they consider their preferred player type. You just have to suck it up and deal with what you can, and logout and wait out what is FUBAR. SOE is not gonna change their Way, you just gotta find a personal workaround.
  13. Yuukikun

lol insulting people because they disagree with you. Pinnacle of maturity right here!
  14. Bonom Denej

If the IRNV was 500 certs I would agree but it's a freakin 30 certs attachment that anybody can unlock. Also, I myself only use the IRNV on specific occasion, I can easily play without during nightime. Anybody with normal eyes and a normal and well calibrated screen can play without problem during nights since they're not that dark. Go play the original DayZ mod during night time (I haven't tested out the stand alone so I'm not sure it's the same) and here you'll learn what night time means.

Then you should probably blame your hardware or your eyes instead of the game IMO.

That's exactly why people are asking for even darker nights but with ways to deal with it instead of removing them : Proper use of flash light, different ranges of IRNV, etc. And I don't really agree with the reduction in diversity. Here it's just about the attachment, not the gun. You still hip fire in CQC and ADS for medium range like you do during day time.

Anyway, for people that have trouble playing during the night, change continent and deal with it , the 95% of players actually enjoy night.