[Guide] How to not be a C4 victim as a tanker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jak, Jun 25, 2013.

1. jak

Challenge...accepted. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  2. jak

I find that vastly entertaining.

The problem I have with a LOT of tankers is the "and" syndrome. I want to be able to farm infantry and kill other tanks and not die to ESF and be able to see tank mines easily and sit on a hill spamming anything that moves and be able to keep lock ons from bothering me and have a cup holder. If C4 were something that dramatically reduced the effectiveness of tanks without a counter, I would support the argument. However, when two simple things (movement and situational awareness) are highly effective counters, PLUS you have access to multiple other extremely effective counters, it starts to become a question of why aren't you using (or learning) the tools you need to be effective. A tank costing resources and having a timer doesn't automatically mean you don't have to make concessions in your vehicle's loadout.
    • Up x 1
  3. jak

I am actually 100% in favor of this. It won't help my victims, but it makes perfect sense that directional should mitigate all types of damage from that direction.
  4. Ranik

I meant getting rid of directional and turning it into sunderer blockade armor or Harasser composite.
  5. jak

Now you, my assumed tanker friend, have an interesting point. Anchored prowlers are as close to a guaranteed kill as there is, rivaled only by the tanks that sit in the bottom edge of a tower trying to shoot up the stairs in the slight chance they can kill something other than friendlies.

I'm of the opinion that anchoring things (TR MAXes included) is generally a bad idea in games like this, as PS1 eventually figured out when they gave the TR MAX a second ability called Overdrive (basically ZOE minus the armor decrease). Were I a Prowler driver, I would generally not opt for anchoring because of the danger being in a static location causes, but if I were to anchor, I would most definitely max Prox Radar out so I can see them coming from quite a bit away. If I'm being blunt, TR are getting the short end of the stick in general with the anchor mode as it makes you a huge target in a game that offers relatively little cover for where a tank would most benefit from anchoring.
    • Up x 1
  6. EliteEskimo

This would help your victims if it turned into composite armor. Jak what do you think of super expensive MBT armor that only the most dedicated of Tankers would buy?

Lvl 1 500 certs= 2 C4 set a tank on fire leaving mere seconds to repair

Lvl 2 1000 Certs= MBT is put in the red and requires a rocket to the sides or back to finish off

Lvl 3 1500 Certs MBT= takes 3 C4 to set on fire with limited time to repair

Lvl 4 2000 Certs (5000 Certs later) = MBT takes 3 C4 and is put in a critical red state where a rocket to the back or side will finish it off.
    • Up x 1
  7. jak

Yes. I have no problems with blockade being part of the tank options.
    • Up x 1
  8. jak

Post right above, I'm 10000% in favor of replacing directional (or adding a new option) in the defense slot. I can live with armored tanks that give up stealth, nano, etc - and to be even more honest, I don't even think this option should be outside of the normal cert cost spectrum.
  9. Ranik

Fair enough. I've always thought directional armor was pathetically weak compared to Stealth / Nano. So once the resource hike hit I thought.

"well we can mess with C4 price"

"we can outright buff MBT's"

"Or we can give MBT's something similar to Blockade / Composite armor that Sunderers / Harassers have"

Each options has it's ups and downs.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tasogie

Trouble is mate SOE gave all the poor little victims everything they want. It is physically impossible anymore ot ever drive over a mine. You can easily sit on a hill spam an that is what tyhey have always done.

Farming infantry is still quite easy to do, but then its a tank, I am kind of op the opinion it should be insanely easy for tanks to kill infantry...
    It is not so easy for ESF to kill tanks as it should be, but eh. We all know SOE will run to give them the C4 nerf because they have outwardly refused to ever be responsible for their own gaming. SO SOE is gonna do what it always does, Play for them.

As for special armor to void C4 use, jesus christ when are you lot gonna grow up, you do NOT NEED that ****. just learn how to think for yourselves for a ******* change... Stop ruining everything in this game just because you want to be a professional victim.
  11. EliteEskimo

At least Jak is more reasonable and open for suggestions as a very experienced LA and C4 user, all you're doing is bad mouthing all the tankers...
    • Up x 1
  12. Tasogie

Have you been reading whta they demand ? all they scream for is, nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf...
    Then you take time to explain in detail just how easy it is to "play for yourself" an you get called names an told that it isnt fair an SOE should nerf it....
    its like trying to explain 1+1 to a 4 year old, you know they will never get it
  13. Stew360

You never have use a C4 once in your life

your stats proove it : https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618040867281/weapons

actually you havent play with anything exept prowler , rockets , mines , and maxs lol thats pretty much your overall knowlege about this game please just quit already
  14. EliteEskimo

Lets give a round of applause to Stew 360 Ladies and Gentlemen for trying his best to bring me down.

[IMG]

Say hi to the crowd Stew:D
    • Up x 2
  15. EliteEskimo

Perhaps but Jesus would also turn the other Cheek, and then probably turn water into whine to ease his nerves instead of getting worked up about people he knew were wrong. Don't pay the trolls any mind Tasogie, you'll thank me for it later. :D
  16. Tasogie

man I swear some parents should be arrested for abuse of the gene pool
  17. Stew360

Lets give a round of applause to EliteEskimo Ladies and Gentlemen for been the worst biased person on this forums and also for been a pretty below average tanks abusers ...

Also HE NEVER HAD USE A C4 once in is life he OBVIOUSLY KNOW whats he is talking about ;)

Here another round of aplause for his great stats padding as Maxs and prowler only https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618040867281/weapons

[IMG]
  18. EliteEskimo

Lol how original Stew, you sure showed me. My evil biased plans have been thwarted again by your superior intellect :eek:
  19. Stew360

just quit already , no ones who actually as a brain can take you seriously but we both know that most peoples arent that smart ;) , actually most peoples on this forums are overly biased toward something

and a truely low minority want to game to be perfectly balanced for all factions classes etc..

just by looking at your stats and also your comments , biased toward a playstyle only and you dont care about anything but you , your playstyle and your factions wich cant fit in here

we need peoples who want to find balance and C4 are far to be a game breaker by any mean c4 WONT KILLS MBT where THEY BELONG !

MBT belong in bridge , hills , deserts , all sort of landscape BETWEEN BASES , are you going to cry when they will release the new bases and map layout on esamir ? where tanks will almost have almost NO roles at all inside the actual bases ? unlike what we have now ?

infantry figth belong in bases

MBT and air combat belong between bases , if you respect this you wont be C4 ever maybe once in your life by a random player passing by lol

SO yeah just quit already
  20. Dethfield

Oh the irony!
    • Up x 2