[Guide] How to not be a C4 victim as a tanker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jak, Jun 25, 2013.

1. jak

Completely false. I would take a group of lancers or comets any day of the week. Just the other night, my outfit mates and I destroyed the entire TR zerg of vehicles at Crossroads with lancers/engies/AA.
  2. MarioO

Just stop standing next to any buildings, and don't stand still for half an hour while drinking coffee. Did you ever see an light assault running over the open field to C4 a tank? I did, and it never ended good for the LA (or any other class). The only way a tank gets blown up by C4 on the open field is because of drop pods, and that's why you shouldn't stand still for hours.
    By the way, you've got that nice third person view, why don't you use it? Activate it, make a quick look around you and return to what ever you were doing.

And for everyone still complaining, because they get blown up while standing in the middle of many buildings: you asked for being killed. Tanks are not made for urban battles (or what is closest to what you could call "urban") in this game.
    So what did we just learn?

-Stay away from buildings, people can jump or run out of them and surprise you
    -Use the third person view to watch your surroundings now and then
    -Don't stand still for hours, because even on open field: if you stand still for too long, someone will sneak up to you eventually.

The only people that are allowed to complain about C4 are TR tank drivers and MAXes. Since they have the special ability that gives you a 600% bonus to being a target to C4.
    • Up x 1