How much would a Planetside anime cost?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sebastian oscar post, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristan

Well if that's war in anime for you... I'm here to show you how war in anime really looks like.

2. sebastian oscar post

really this is our anime, if you don't want that Japanese crap then just yell at the animators to not do that!
    if daybreak does it right then it could be the best militaristic anime to ever exist!
    everything's there:
    BFR's
    Space-platforms
    Plasma and lasers
    A blank slate of a lore to build whatever story we want
    And a interesting and new universe that's a breath of fresh air for anime!
    You know why so meany people dislike anime so much? its because its the same goddamn **** over and over again, never changing because the anime industry doesn't have the balls to try something new and innovated!
  3. Corezer

Avenging Tom would require people get off their *****, that's not the American way anymore, the best you can hope for is to get people to like him on facebook v_v
  4. DrakeFang

So I'm cool with people not liking anime (personal taste is a thing that exist after all), but the people who run around saying it's some stupid thing for kids, or entirely fanservice really have no clue what they're talking about.

There is a ton of crap, and I'd be the first to admit it. Fanservice pieces and standard shounen make up much of the genre (though even some of those can be quite good- see Full Metal Alchemist), a lot of it isn't anything close to that. Shows like Cowboy Bebop, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Clannad, Spice and Wolf, Death Parade, Mirai Nikki, and the Fate/Stay Night series provide a large assortment of thematic and artistic variation.

Philosophy, adventure, fantasy, romance, phsychology, horror, character studies, and deconstructions are all just as much a part of anime as over the top action or fan service. Anime is so broad and diverse in terms of quality, art style, theme, and demographic that trying to say almost anything more specific about the medium as a whole other than "It's animated and from Japan" will invariably be false.

That said, I don't think PS2 would make for a very good anime, nor do I think there is a need to make it one. The framework of the game's story is so bare bones that the end product would be so far removed from the game that it would only just be recognizable. Moreover, PS2 is an experience built on player interaction. It's about building and creating our own personal stories and experiences, whether it be leading an outfit, succeeding in an impossible defense, or just enjoying flash racing with some friends. Frankly, no form of media other than a game is capable of really conveying what PS2 sets out to do. Some games might make decent candidates for some sort of adaption, but anything of the sort with Planetside would be disappointing at best and outright terrible at worst.
  5. sebastian oscar post

Well that's your opinion. Like my mother used to say: you never know if you never try.
  6. sebastian oscar post

7. RainbowDash9

boi bumps are for skrubs. you have to be creative. put suggestive items on here lol. i want to have a relationship with the devs in which they keep an eye on me :eek:

MY VERY OWN TSUNDERE RELATIONSHIP
    [IMG]
  8. sebastian oscar post

[IMG]
    NO!
    furthermore if we make it exactly like the current game there would be nothing new to the table, it would just be a glorified animated cinematic and no more.
    Like i said: this is OUR anime, we have the opportunity here to expand on the Planetside universe enormously in our WAY!
  9. RainbowDash9

[IMG]
  10. sebastian oscar post

never liked you in the first place...
  11. sebastian oscar post

you could hire these guys to do the voices:

this nerdy guy:

this alien chick:

and this overseer girl:
  12. sebastian oscar post

NO! I WILL NOT LET THIS IDEA DIE!
    I WILL BUMP THIS, AND I WILL NEVER STOP BUMPING UNTIL IT GETS MADE!
    I'M GONNA RIDE THIS B!%CH TILL THE END!
  13. Kristan

That means...

[IMG]
  14. sebastian oscar post

15. sebastian oscar post

16. sebastian oscar post

17. Diilicious

what art style would you have for this?
  18. PYROxSYCO

I kind of laughed at that myself, they seem at the moment to be just above "pulling through". XD XD
  19. Tr34

I have to commit sudoku VS senpai!!! :(
    Will VS have some tentacle action? They are alien you know.
  20. sebastian oscar post

hmmm id have it done in Redline!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.