How much health? How many bullets to kill a Max.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by GImofoJoe, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Ender

Ask Higby, I'd like to call it armor, but the game doesn't consider it armored. An AV max is completely ineffective against another max because they're considered (by the game mechanics) infantry and not vehicles (Armored). I'm 100% in agreement with you on this, MAX's go down way to quick to small arms fire. They need to be considered armored before things get better.
    • Up x 2
  2. GImofoJoe

I play max alot. I find that with 20-25% hp left, I cannot survive a 1 on 1 fight with non HA infantry, if nobody get the jump first. HA can even take half of my hp before go down.
  3. GImofoJoe

IMO, they should increase from 80% to 90% resistance effectively double hp vs bullets. And increase explosion resistance from 25% to 40%. To make Max viable before eating dirt.

Nerf NC Max shotgun damage by 30%, but buff effective range from 10m to 20m. Right now they instant gib everybody.

I hope TR get fast repair in Lock down mode, would be awesome.
  4. KageRyuuUjiMakai

Ummm, no? Our Max has one of the few decent NC CQC weapons in game, one already balanced by it's short range due to it being a shotgun. If you don't like being killed by our MAX then stay out of it's effective range, roughly 5-10m, which isn't difficult at all for you with your miniguns. Now if you're dying consistently to small arms fire from NC weapons within your effective range, then you are doing something wrong because of all the infantry weapons the NC has the longest TTK, the highest recoil, and largest COF when moving across the board and with few exceptions.
  5. Curse_Gamerkin

ive been shotdown in maybe 3 seconds in max with full hp from a Gauss SAW, it was most brutal thing ever.
  6. Joram

I would love if they remove the headshot bonus damage against Maxs
  7. Phaze

I can absolutely guarantee you a GAUSS SAW isn't shooting you down in 3 seconds.

GimJoe - what you're not realizing about NC MAX units is that we have very little ammo and a deadly (for us) reload time. Now - it's true... if everything is equal, you won't beat an NC MAX in a very close fight. What you can do is try to make him miss a few shots.... you can run behind something - 99.9% of the time he won't stop firing the second you move - and force him into a situation where he has to reload. If he charged you to get close... use your own charge and just put some distance between you - then resume melting him.

What's funny about your suggestions... if they were put in... an NC MAX basically wouldn't be able to kill another MAX unit without reloading... that would probably make it the longest TTK in the game!

TR and NC MAX units are actually pretty balanced right now - once Fracture is corrected.
  8. Bankrotas

2000k health, isn't it 81,5 bullet resistance? Soo... 200 damage 19,5% is 39 dmg per hit. That's 52 hits to kill a max. With full kinetic which afaik 87% resistance 200 dmg = 26 damage per hit, that would be 77 bulets to kill, if all hit.
  9. Vadimir

Close but to be exact; MAX's have a base resistance of 80% to small arms damage. Kinetic Armour increases that resistance by 1.5% per level, giving MAX's a small arms resistance of 87.5% at lv5.

Anyway, you and Phaze do realise that this thread is from Jan/Feb right? ;)
  10. Bankrotas

No sleep night, couldn't care less, but will state, max rocket launcher direct impact resistance is 50% too