How many gigs of RAM do I need for this game? 64? 256? 4096?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by patrykK1028, Oct 6, 2014.

1. xboxerdude

Actually more is better, get 32gb+ and you can run the game on a ramdisk improving performance over a solid state
    • Up x 1
  2. Aldaris

Which only improves loading times in a very cost ineffective manner and little real benefit over loading times of an SSD.
  3. Fifield

6GB is enough assuming you don't want to run anything in the background. Running x64 client.

Having said that, can't even load since pumpkin patch.
  4. Undyingghost89

I can finally play it with 16GB ram. I recommend getting more than 8GB for PS2 until they fix this issue.
  5. Ximaster

Maybe im a stupid person,but the link of downloadmoreram is useful???? Caused i downloaded the 4 gb of ram.... This is a joke????
  6. Traveller

A terabyte of Ram should do it-maybe.;)
  7. ViruZX8X

Well there are some meaningless comments above.

Atleast 6 GB ram shoud be in your system to get the game playable. but you shoud upgrade to 8-16 GB ram

You know your OS takes alot of ram to. then the Game takes around 2.5 GB ram during running. Don't forget the other running programs in the background like Skype etc...
  8. patrykK1028

This is a joke.
  9. patrykK1028

More is better? Thanks, I will get 32 TB
  10. Ransurian

The game was perfectly, easily playable for me in even the largest fights until recently, and I only have 4 GB. I was easily managing 30+ FPS in 96+ areas before the August patch at 1080p on a mix on low and high settings. Don't shift the burden of the game's poor memory optimization to consumers. It's major league jackassery.

Until there's an official change in the game's minimum system requirements by SOE, the game should be playable with 4 GB. Right now, that's not the case for many people. It also isn't playable for many people using 8 GB. It's a memory leak, plain and simple -- not shoddy hardware.
    • Up x 1
  11. cruczi

I'm afraid even that might not be enough, ask T-Ray:

[IMG]

Sorry for circumventing the filter, this is just a bit of humor not to be taken seriously.
    • Up x 3
  12. MajiinBuu

I have 4 GB of RAM, and it's really bad. With background Windows processes(I can't deactivate) I have about 3.2 GB of RAM.
    With absolute minimum graphics quality I can (sort of) play Planetside 2, but I wouldn't recommend it.
  13. Napsterbater

I have 16GB with 8GB dedicated to Hard Drive Cache (via Primocache) And as others here I see PS2 use about 3-4GB on its own but on my system even with only 8GB usable ram I still have 10% free. And this is with many background apps running on my 2nd monitor and even streaming.

Note this is on Windows 8.1 and 10 (Tech Preview).
  14. FireclawX

^Agreed.
    For those who don't believe the memory leak exists. I dug up a little proof ;)
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ng-after-hot-fix-2.203394/page-2#post-2958957

Note that I plan on doing more tests once I can find a program that accurately tracks RAM and CPU usage better than taskmanager does.
  15. Badname406

so lets make things clear, is really there a problem with the game it self or its just my system that is making me crash every 10-20 mins? and if you say the game is broken by it self do you have any proof?
  16. cruczi

It might help to post your specs.
  17. queue

I have 3gig :)
  18. Badname406

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
    8192MB RAM
  19. Smagjus

I have never seen the game using more than 3.2GB of RAM. Also lowering texture quality will lower the amount you need. So 4GB is okay.
  20. Moz

16 x 2 = 32
    32 + 4 = 36

So as a "rule of thumb" you are saying you need 36GB of RAM?

No just no....

On topic, i have 24GB RAM @ 1600 and have no issues with PS2... at all. It will use no more than 10% of that...... ever.