how do you kill a heavy ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Elack, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Elack

I mostly play engineer and it feels like most my deaths are to heavy assault, I walk round a corner unsuspecting oh %^&* a heavy I open fire and try aim for the head up comes the overshield I am dead, even when I got the jump sometimes they still bubble and get me.

it happens enough with them and not really any other classses that I thought it was worth asking if anyone had any advice on how to deal with them ?

thanks
  2. TTex11

Well, face to face encounters are what the Heavy is made for. So if you come around a corner and see each other and his shield goes up as you both open fire, the odds are already stacked against you as you're in a fight that plays to his strength. The best way to deal with a Heavy is to take away that advantage where possible. Obviously, getting the drop on them is a good start. Other tricks can trip them up too. You're an Engineer...are you carrying Anti-Personnel mines? If you blundered across each other, instead of trying to fight him face to face, run around a corner and drop a mine as you go. Try to out maneuver and out think him. Anybody will go down fast if they get bushwhacked from the back, overshield or no.

In the end though, as an engineer you are never meant to be the front line soldier. That's the Heavy's job. Support and run with your buddies. If you're looking to be the up front fighting soldier, you're in the wrong class for it.
    • Up x 5
  3. Caserion

Aim for the head, they're pretty much stationary and hitting them in the head doubles your damage output.
    • Up x 2
  4. Serafine

Well, the best idea would be not to be the first one to run around that corner. You're an engineer, so you are quite squishy (at least compared to a heavy assault) unless hidden behind a mana turret. It's not your job to run around corners and straight into close combat with enemy units, that is something heavies or MAX suits should do.
    If it happens probably the best solution is just to turn around and run for your life before the heavy blasts you to pieces (and as suggested by TTex11 drop a mine as you go).
  5. oherror

i tend to ambush them with a turret thats empty as a decoy. also mines work pretty good.
  6. Bennybones

Shoot us in the face. I mean, don't cause then I'll die. But if you want to shoot someone else in the face, that's fine. Just not me. In fact, if you shoot me in the face that'll piss me off and I'll pop my shield and let you eat chain gun. Bastard, shooting me in the face, who do you think you are?!
    • Up x 4
  7. Konfuzfanten

a) never fight a heavy head on.
    b) If he got the drop on you, turn and run.
    c) never return fire against a heavy, turn and run.
    d) only engage a heavy if he doesnt see you coming.
    e) get a silancer - those 1-2 extra sec the heavy needs to locate you can be the difference between getting killed and killing him.

You will ofc get a lucky kill from time to time when meeting a heavy head on, but too many times i see ppl trying to take me on 1vs1, trying to shoot through my resist shield and nanoweave 5.

Just go around the heavy, try and flank him, set up traps with mines or turrets to distract him.

Ohh and dont forget, bring your own heavies and MAX's.
    • Up x 1
  8. Andrea SKye

You can kill a heavy.

First get nanoweave high as possible, next get a high hip fire accuracy gun with a ton of dps.. Jaguar is perfect if you are TR, but many other carbines will work too, depending on your faction. If you are VS you shud use the serpent. Assualt rifles are equally as good, as TR I use Cycler TRV, which is epic.

Then all you need to do is start shooting first. If you shoots you first its over. If you do get the drop tho, get in his face, hip fire said face off, and dont stop moving till either you or they die.

Its pretty close. But it works. LMGS arent known for their hip fire accuracy (well, most of them, and most people use the default/long range LMGs anyway, so their hip fire sucks)

Shotguns also **** LMGs, but if the heavy has a shotgun, you are probably dead as he has sheilds.
  9. lilleAllan

You can outdamage them in close ranges by getting that high RoF carbine.
  10. Sossen

TAR to the face! Honestly I'm more scared of those pesky Light Assaults, since high-level play is all about combat flow, surprising and flanking anyway.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hrafnagaldr

If engineers kill me, they started shooting before I do and got a high rpm carbine with some headshots involved. For Vanu, the Serpent will do the trick in cqc. Although I prefer the Pulsar C, which is hitting heavier with more bullet speed. I dont like getting close with my engineer. :)
  12. HappyT

ok so you play an engi. try using a shotgun if you get tired of dying to a heavy at close range. if you want medium to long range use slugs, works great on engi.
    • Up x 2
  13. cKerensky

Heavies are no real different than the rest. 75% of Heavies you'll ever face aren't good enough for the differences to matter.

Aim for the head, ADS, and crouch. Its the same fighting them as any other class.

Oh, and if you have a grenade launcher, use that. It makes them go away real fast.
  14. KnightCole

If people kill me its 2v1, a shotgun or a infil with a sirius sx12. 845rpm up my *** works almost every damn time....
  15. SirIBON

- Aim for the head
    - Use cover
    - Have in memory, that they have very big clips
    - Keep them on distance
    - Shoot first

Do not run, Bullets are nealy ever faster.
    Play in Teams, so your mates can finish him.
  16. Nobalification

Rocket Launcher :D (joke)
    I get my MAX and i shoot him in da face from 5 meters.
    Or i get my MSW-R and i kill him first cuz i shoot him in da face (i don´t know why i need 5 rounds to the head to kill him hmm).
  17. HerpTheDerp

Stop trying to be all pro and **** and aiming for their heads, you're probably missing most of your shots.
  18. KnightCole

U need 5 rds for head shot cuz #ARMOREDHELMET
  19. SirIBON

And how will you otherwise get success?
    You have to do a lot more damage as to other do, in this case the plated HA - the best class for CQC.
    That you can do by hitting the Head, for double damage.
    Even if half the bullets aimed for the head miss you have no lost. But some bullets will also hit the body for normal damage.

Of course the Head is not easy to hit, but you get also a big benefit. I try it more and more and i get better, i think.
    My accurateness is between 19 and 21% the webside asserted, but i have no problem to reload and to spend bullets.

The endmost shirt has no ammo pouch, So share them with enemies while alive :)
  20. Hypnoso

Use shotguns.