How do you farm the 800 kills with SMG

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by gibstorm, Oct 28, 2014.

1. gibstorm

I hate this gun. There i nothing good about it and pray for a shotgun or carbine every time I equip it .

How do I get 800 kills with this thing??
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

Which one since there are many SMG's?

All the gen 1 SMG's are good enough for LA (the Cyclone is basically a carbine), and the NS-7 isn't horrible since it has better TTK past about 30m than the other SMG's.
  3. Iridar51

You got two ways:

1) Disgruntled farm: use compensator and forward grip on it, and pretend it's a bad, short range carbine. Use it same way you play with carbines, but try to get within 15-25m with the target first.

2) Recommended: embrace it. Learn to love this weapon, understand its strengths and weaknesses. Farming directives is as good opportunity as any.

When I was starting to farm the 800 kills I didn't like using SMGs. But as I got better and learned the weapon more, I started to enjoy it.

I explain how to use SMGs best in this section of my gunplay guide.
    • Up x 1
  4. vanu123

SMG infil is the class(ier) way of doing it.
    If you want to be the lowest of low skumbagz go SMG HA, warning you will be harshly judged.
  5. Waffle Fartsparkle

I only do this because I have a weird aversion to shotguns in this game.
  6. vanu123

Judged Harshly
  7. Waffle Fartsparkle

If it makes you feel any better, the only SMG I have has a really small magazine (Cyclone) so I can only realistically kill one person before reloading.
  8. Jogido

yeah, but I think he is trying to complete part of the light assault directive.
    • Up x 1
  9. LibertyRevolution

How to kill people with an SMG as a light assault? The same way you kill people with an extended mag auto shotgun..
    Drop in behind them from above, hold mouse1 while looking in their general direction until they die, then fly away and repeat.
    Find a tower base your faction is defending, that will help putting people in the range you need and give you the vertical options.
  10. KiakoLalene

11. SirFrancisGobelcoque

Easiest answer is don't bother.

Do whatever directive you weren't planning on doing instead. I'm guessing vehicle kills? Easy enough if completing the directives simultaneously.

Although if you've already finished everything else it would be a massive pain. Then you would just have to suck it up.
  12. K2k4

For most smgs you will want to equip a laser sight and hip fire people from close range. For then ns7 pdw use it like a carbine and aim for the head from medium range and use a forward grip.
  13. Leivve

You must let yourself be broken down by it, then built back up stronger and better.

Or just play infiltrator, because SMGs are designed for CQC predator style hunting.
  14. VonStalin

advanced laser + soft ammo. Always shoot at head level. Inside and around buildings only. Max distance 20 meters. Never use ADS. Have fun!
    (~800 kills left for me for SMG master).
  15. Fuers

when i got to the last part of the LA directive i first finished the 1200 kills, 800 carbine kills and 800 shotgun kills. Simultaneously i was doing the LA kills and vehicle kills. I wanted to finish the directive for LA as soon as possible coz i couldnt wait for the reward and so i started to kill ppl with a smg. first it was NS-7 which i didnt like it and i was strugling with it. then i tried with sirius which i already made 1400+ kill with but i just couldnt get used to a smg on a LA. after that i tried with the first generation one eridani sx5 (143 dmg) it was kinda ok but still i was really strugling coz my main cardine is pulsar c (163 dmg) for all around sitiations and if i really have to play close i started to use eclipse ve3a (aurex carbine)
    Anyway. i just gave up with the smg directive and instead i finished the 450 LA kills and 300 vehicle kills which i enjoyed so much coz i am a c4 fanatic :D

smgs dont really go well with my playstyle. I like to kill ppl from a distance but still agresively and i rather have a lower fire rate with a higher muzzle velocity :>
  16. Alarox

Why do you hate SMG? I love SMG. SMG is my favorite SMG.
  17. Iridar51

Same argument is used by rocket primaries and see where it got them :rolleyes:
  18. Liewec123

i use smg similar to shotgun, find a choke point that enemies will run through, sit above it and kill people as they come in,
    works well with Blitz, i've not tried with another smg though :)
  19. Leivve

YOU! You were that jerk off that was sitting on that door arch on Hossin last night wasn't it!!
    • Up x 1
  20. Skiptrace

I prefer using the MKV-Suppressed for my SMG Shenanegins as It's recoil is next to nil so I can get some extra range out of it. Though, I havent grinded out 800 SMG Kills...